Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Critter Country's future Doomed?

I went to Disneyland the other day and realized how much Pooh crap there is in Critter Country. After I pass the waterfall area of Splash Mountain, I immediately see the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh attraction and after I pass the Hungry Bear resteraunt, I see a large area called the Pooh and Friends Meet and Greet Area. If I look to the left of me, I see a stream with little Pooh Character houses. After all that, I see the Pooh Corner shop and the former Teddi Berra Arcade which is another Pooh Shop as well. In 1971, when the land opened, it was called Bear Country because of the Country Bear Jamboree. In 1989, it was renamed Critter Country because of Splash Mountain. In 2003, the Pooh attraction came but the land name did not change. I believe it is only a matter of time until it is an entire land dedicated to Winie the Pooh and the land name will no doubt change as well. And yes, I am sorry for saying Pooh so many times in this post.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Chernabog Admirer

I really don't like the conversion of Critter Country to, I guess what might be, 100 Acre Wood with the way things are looking.. but hopefully with the presence of Splash, they won't make it into Pooh's land. Should have kept Country Bears, or put something better in its place than that horrible Pooh ride.

I only saw the motion of the cars as something notable, but that's about it.. just my opinion. Pooh doesn't really to fit much into Critter Country anyway..

Roaming the Kingdom, one Adventure at a time!

Given how popular the Pooh ride is vs. how popular Splash Mountain is, I doubt we will be seeing a change in name anytime soon

• Chernabog Admirer

The Pooh ride would have been better if it was like the one in the Tokyo park. But I guess the reason why it wasn't was because of either money or space issues?

The Pooh ride is not that popular. On the busiest of days, the longest u have to wait is at the most 15 to 20 minutes. The country bears were popular, every time i went, it was either a packed house or almost.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Importance
    Given how popular the Pooh ride is vs. how popular Splash Mountain is, I doubt we will be seeing a change in name anytime soon
    Exactly. I do think there is too much Pooh, though. I would much rather see Song of the South themed restaurants and shops. The Hungry Bear should have Brer Bear on the marquee and serve rabbit...maybe that's a little tasteless...
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Minion FOREVER!

Yup, completely agree w/ Importance. Although Pooh (not the ride) is very popular, given the relative
    popularities of the two rides, I doubt that "Critter Country" name which works for both rides
    will give way to a more Pooh-centric one.

• Chernabog Admirer

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    Exactly. I do think there is too much Pooh, though. I would much rather see Song of the South themed restaurants and shops. The Hungry Bear should have Brer Bear on the marquee and serve rabbit...maybe that's a little tasteless...
    They should also bring in Splash Mountain merchandise into Critter Country.. if they already aren't back yet, that is.

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureLandJaggy
    The Pooh ride would have been better if it was like the one in the Tokyo park. But I guess the reason why it wasn't was because of either money or space issues?
    As I understand it, this was given a go during the Pressler/Harris era where
    money for attractions were extremely hard to find. But even given more money, it would
    have been hard to build a full sized Winnie-the-Pooh like they have in WDW or TDL.

Once the requirement to have it completely housed in the existing CBJ building, this
    version was seriously impacted... Add to that the small budget, well, *sigh*, Disney
    gets what it paid for.

BTW. IMHO, it's not a *bad* ride.... it's just that it pales when compared to WDW and
    from what I hear from the TDL one. We love Winnie-the-Pooh (the character, stories)
    and we ride it (the ride) a couple times everytime we're in DL.

Quote Originally Posted by nish221
    As I understand it, this was given a go during the Pressler/Harris era where
    money for attractions were extremely hard to find. But even given more money, it would
    have been hard to build a full sized Winnie-the-Pooh like they have in WDW or TDL.

Once the requirement to have it completely housed in the existing CBJ building, this
    version was seriously impacted... Add to that the small budget, well, *sigh*, Disney
    gets what it paid for.

BTW. IMHO, it's not a *bad* ride.... it's just that it pales when compared to WDW and
    from what I hear from the TDL one. We love Winnie-the-Pooh (the character, stories)
    and we ride it (the ride) a couple times everytime we're in DL.
    I don't think it's a particularly bad ride, either, just not up to the standards of the other dark rides and there was no reason to replace the Country Bears with it. It was also probably an issue that it was the first thing to come to DL in awhile and it wasn't anything mind blowing. It also opened right around when Space Mountain closed, irritating a lot of people.
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

the only reaon ill ever get on the pooh ride is just to see the plaque heads from Country Bear Playhouse. If u never seen the amazing Pooh attraction in Tokyo, here is the site: http://www.barrybedford.com/index2.html

and if u have never seen the craptacular one in California, here is the site: http://www.visionsfantastic.com/visi.../crt/pooh.html

• Pirate Girl

The little houses along the creek were there way before the Pooh ride. I have always loved them. They are so cute at night with their lights on. I want some when I have my own yard! And you know the Canoes are technically in Critter Country too.

I don't mind the Pooh ride. I do love the Pooh shop(especially the candy part). I think they themed it very well. And I always loved the first little shop you come to that has a grass roof and carrots in the ceiling. They keep changing the name of the shop(or what's inside).

What I would like is a way to get out of Critter Counrty. It's one way in and out like Toontown. Maybe they could connect the two?

Aprille :-)

Quote Originally Posted by prillzilla
    The little houses along the creek were there way before the Pooh ride. I have always loved them. They are so cute at night with their lights on. I want some when I have my own yard! And you know the Canoes are technically in Critter Country too.

I don't mind the Pooh ride. I do love the Pooh shop(especially the candy part). I think they themed it very well. And I always loved the first little shop you come to that has a grass roof and carrots in the ceiling. They keep changing the name of the shop(or what's inside).

What I would like is a way to get out of Critter Counrty. It's one way in and out like Toontown. Maybe they could connect the two?

Aprille :-)
    I would like them to add another exit to Critter Country, but it's too far of a walk:

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...cDisneyland%7c
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Chernabog Admirer

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    I would like them to add another exit to Critter Country, but it's too far of a walk:

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...cDisneyland%7c
    Those sattelite image things scare me... they're watching us.. all the time.. no privacy outside.. o.o

While I personally dont like the Pooh ride (I think it pales in comparison to other dark rides) my 2 year old and 4 year old love it. Im kinda glad that not too many people go on it, since my kids love it we never have to wait too long in line.
    Remain Seated Please..... :o

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast