Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

• #bringevilback

Re: Rock Your Disney Side 24 hour event - May 23rd - Who's Going?!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    The flights I'm looking at have lots of seats available, so shouldn't be an issue!
    Yay! What time will you get in? Are going going to be camping out in the esplanade?

• Selfie Expert

Heck no I won't be camping out! Haha

Looks like we'll be getting in around 4pm. I plan to check in to the hotel, drop our stuff off, get dinner in Downtown, maybe get a drink at Sam's, then get to bed early. I'm hoping to leave the hotel around 5am, I'm not looking to be first in the gates.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

A friend of mine & I are staying at the Motel 6 on Disney Way

Checking in Thursday & then hope to be at the park by 3am Friday morning. So leaving out around 2:30ish

If anyone wants to carpool in (park at the hotel & we'll drive in or you pick us up) So that it makes for at least 4 people in the car to get the Free button they are giving out
    We're Premium APs, so the parking would be free

Then we're hoping to be able to snag a locker- since neither DL or DCA have lockers IN the parks & it's all what ever you can get on Esplanade, that's going to prove to be a challenge.

After that it's all fun & games from there Fingers crossed we get a a lanyard

Guests arriving prior to 5 a.m. on May 23 will be directed to park in the Simba lot.
    • Annual Passholders with pre-paid parking will receive one voucher per vehicle for one free popcorn scoop and one bottled beverage, redeemable at any Disneyland or Disney California Adventure park outdoor vending cart. At least one passenger in the vehicle must be a valid Annual Passholder with pre-paid parking privileges.
    • All Annual Passholders and their passengers can also receive a special Toy Story commuter button. At least one passenger in the vehicle must be a valid Annual Passholder. And don’t be late – button quantity is limited and will be given while supplies last!
    A bad day at Disneyland is better than a good day at work. But who ever heard of a bad day at Disneyland?
    https://twitter.com/Flutterfly_74
    http://pinterest.com/flutterfly74/
    http://flutterfly74.tumblr.com/

• MargyDisneylandLover

Doesn't DCA have lockers right inside the gates? I thought there were some across from Oswald's

Edit: Disneyland states lockers are available in DCA
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/gue...ocker-rentals/
    Last edited by RemainSeatedPlz87; 05-21-2014 at 02:52 AM. Reason: adding link
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    So you'll be at Hungry Bear at 0130?? It should be an energizing event, hopefully. No snoring!

Overnighters are the best.*

*Except the ones that aren't if ya know what I mean.
    Yeah, as long as I can get into the park! We should be sucking down cocktails at DCA until then.

We should get into town around 2-3pm on Thursday. Check into the Anabella, maybe catch a ride on Thunder Mountain, but definitely drinks at Trader Sams. I highly doubt we will be there for rope drop.

• Selfie Expert

My friend(s?) and I will be imbibing, as well. Though I'm a total light weight so have to be careful! I'm wondering how close we can cut it if we are in DC to make the switch to DL - if they reach capacity. Guess we will find out! I'll probably play it safe and make sure I'm out of DCA no later than 11pm.

We're also staying at the Anabella - will be checking in Thursday and heading to Downtown for food then Sam's for drinks before turning in early.

• formerly very helpful

Sounds like fun. Sadly, I'm too young to drink.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Sounds like fun. Sadly, I'm too young to drink.

• MainStMonitor

Hey all, This is exactly on topic with the thread, but this is the closes thing i could find to anything relating to the 24-hour day.

I have a question I hope some more experienced people could answer: I was thinking going to the park from midnight-6 am Sat. would be fun. Do you know if arriving at that time will result in me inserting myself into a Carmageddon nightmare of parking doom?

Thank you!

• Former Cast Member

i'll pass on it, not worth the crowds

Quote Originally Posted by MainStMonitor View Post
    Hey all, This is exactly on topic with the thread, but this is the closes thing i could find to anything relating to the 24-hour day.

I have a question I hope some more experienced people could answer: I was thinking going to the park from midnight-6 am Sat. would be fun. Do you know if arriving at that time will result in me inserting myself into a Carmageddon nightmare of parking doom?

Thank you!
    Based on past 24 hour days yes, parking will be a nightmare and more importantly, the parks may be at capacity and be closed for several hours at that time.

• Space Mountain Fanboy

So I'm going to this (as I did last year) and I just looked at the list of food items specific to the 24-hour thing and I gotta say I'm a bit disappointed compared to last year.

Handy-Dandy Guide to Disneyland Resort Eats You'll Only Find at Rock Your Disney Side 24-Hour Event on May 23

Though maybe I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.

However, perhaps there may be something hidden in that list that turns out to be as good as last year's Steak and Eggs, which is possibly the best thing I've ever eaten at Carnation Cafe ever in the history of ever. And that includes the Meatloaf Stack which was pure heaven on Earth. In comparison, the Carnation Cafe selection is a sampler plate that includes something they already have on their menu. So I'm not optimistic.

Currently I'm interested in checking out the Taco Trio from Rancho del Zocalo, the Black and White Ice Cream Sandwich from Gibson Girl and perhaps the Bananas Foster from Cafe Orleans for breakfast.

The other issue here is that my friends and I don't plan on park-hopping. It's a rule we put on ourselves. It's more meaningful to us to spend all 24 hours in one park and not sleep at all. We did that last year and we're planning on doing the same this year. However, last year, IIRC, all the special food was at Disneyland and I don't think DCA got any because DCA was being used for Grad Night.

My point is that even though the Beef and Cheddar Sandwich at Flo's and the Mediterranean Angus Beef Pita Wrap at Paradise Garden Grill both sound potentially yummy, odds are I will be in one park the whole day.

And yes, aside from the attractions, the food is one of the only reasons I go to Disneyland in the first place. :P

So anybody got any other suggestions for what they think might be good from that list?

FAKE EDIT: And oh yeah, this year we're getting a hotel. Because last year I had to sleep in my car for an hour in the parking structure before driving back home to San Diego or I probably wouldn't have made it home.

• formerly very helpful

Sleeping in the car sounds like a good idea. I may be doing that, myself. I was going to get some sleep at a relative's house, but I wasn't able to let him impose on me for a month, so I have a feeling he may not let me use his spare bed for a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBrian View Post
    So I'm going to this (as I did last year) and I just looked at the list of food items specific to the 24-hour thing and I gotta say I'm a bit disappointed compared to last year.

Handy-Dandy Guide to Disneyland Resort Eats You'll Only Find at Rock Your Disney Side 24-Hour Event on May 23

Though maybe I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.

The other issue here is that my friends and I don't plan on park-hopping. It's a rule we put on ourselves. It's more meaningful to us to spend all 24 hours in one park and not sleep at all. We did that last year and we're planning on doing the same this year. However, last year, IIRC, all the special food was at Disneyland and I don't think DCA got any because DCA was being used for Grad Night.

And yes, aside from the attractions, the food is one of the only reasons I go to Disneyland in the first place. :P

So anybody got any other suggestions for what they think might be good from that list?

FAKE EDIT: And oh yeah, this year we're getting a hotel. Because last year I had to sleep in my car for an hour in the parking structure before driving back home to San Diego or I probably wouldn't have made it home.
    Glad I'm not the only foodie LOL But I don't think I'll partaking as much as I'd like to this time around, gets expensive.

And I got a hotel too, staying at the Motel 6, because I'm at work right now for a 12 hour shift. Getting off at 7am Thurs, driving up (from San Diego)
    Doing the park till about 5 or 6ish
    Then heading to the hotel to get some rest so we can be in line 3amish & do the whole 24 hours.

Check out is noon Sat, so I'll be able to get a few hours of sleep before driving back to San Diego to be back at work Sat night 11pm.

No rest for the wicked
    A bad day at Disneyland is better than a good day at work. But who ever heard of a bad day at Disneyland?
    https://twitter.com/Flutterfly_74
    http://pinterest.com/flutterfly74/
    http://flutterfly74.tumblr.com/

• Evil is Sexy

I would volunteer to hop in the San Diego car pool, but I am not sure I will actually be going and if I do, it will not be for the whole event. Maybe 12-14 hours and then I'd head home. I have animals to tend to. I really don't want to come home to messes on the floor. LOL.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast