Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Question Feb 03 BPB question..

The Block Party Bash only made two stops and it was a Friday.. normally they make three. I was just wondering what the reasoning was? They were late to the last stop but the announcements still went off like it was going to be there. And then it rolled on by. I was so disappointed (I'm a geek I watch it from the 3rd spot every Friday.. they recognize me now lol).

Re: Feb 03 BPB question..

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings
    The Block Party Bash only made two stops and it was a Friday.. normally they make three. I was just wondering what the reasoning was? They were late to the last stop but the announcements still went off like it was going to be there. And then it rolled on by. I was so disappointed (I'm a geek I watch it from the 3rd spot every Friday.. they recognize me now lol).
    I was upset, too. I had never seen the parade before, so I found a place in that third zone far in advance of the actual start of the show.

A few minutes before the parade was going to arrive, an event area hostess informs me and my party that, despite all the signs to the contrary, the B.P.B. would not be making a show-stop there.

Well, it was too late to move, so I asked her if she suggested that we make an attempt to find another place. And, she said that, without the stop, the B.P.B. would be just like any other Disneyland parade, so we should just stay there.

After having waited a fairly long time, the parade just flew past us as fast as possible, and only a handful of characters appeared. I was extremely disappointed, and I felt cheated.

• Banned User

Oh I saw all of the normal characters there. I would like an explanation of why it didn't stop though. I wouldn't have wasted my gas going to the park if I knew it wouldn't make it's third stop. Which by the way was listed in the schedule. No one at the park could give me an explanation.

Read your guest show guide. BPB will only be making two stops. The third stop may be added on high attendance days and peak seasons but you should ready the show guide to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Pete
    Read your guest show guide. BPB will only be making two stops. The third stop may be added on high attendance days and peak seasons but you should ready the show guide to be sure.
    The guide says: "Look for the Party Zone Banners along the Parade Route! They are marked with a (star) on your Guide to the Magic! map."

The guide says nothing about the third zone not being used.

• Closed Account

You are leaving out an important part:
    "Party Zone locations:
    Sunshine Plaza - Red Party Zone (approx. 5:15)
    'a bug's land' - Green Party Zone (approx. 5:30)
    Look for the Party Zone Banners along the Parade Route!
    They are marked with a starr on your Guide to the Magic! Map."

On the Guide to the Magic! Map, it does continue to show the blue stars for the 3rd show stop. But let me continue to quote:
    (In the yellow box on the DCA Guide to the Magic!) Block Party Bash Party Zone locationsSee TIMES GUIDE for show times, days, and Party Zone locations)"

So what does this mean? Despite the fact that the blue stars are still there, as well as the blue banners, on the map it does say to consult the Entertainment Times Guide, because of changing show conditions. It also means that as well as we think we know about shows, parades, or general info on things that change on a regular basis, we should always consult the map and times guide, because guess what, none of us are all knowing and there for should not assume that we know everything about the parks. (Disclaimer: This was not a personal attack on any one person, but a general statement, as even I have asssumed similar things and have been disappointed.)

• Banned User

The third stop was listed in the show schedule thank you very much. I may be blonde but I'm not illiterate.

• Defeats the Huns

Many things could have caused them to cancel the 3rd show stop. Low park attendance could cause them to cancel last minute. Also, some sort of float malfunction or possibly a performer getting injured - all are reasons for canceling a show stop. Sorry I don't have a definite answer for you for February 3rd, but just trying to answer your question.

• Banned User

It's okay I just wish someone at the park could have answered my question. They all looked at me like I was from mars. There are always 3 show stops on Fridays-Sundays so it's not the whole off-season thing.

• Hooterville, USA

Only a 3rd stop if there are huge crowds? Isn't that an oxymoron?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

They've done the third stop with hardly anyone there many times lol. So I know that's not an excuse.

They didn't have the 3rd Show Stop at all that weekend, it wasn't just Friday.

I have no idea why they changed it, perhaps it's because of the low numbers lately, I really don't know. I wasn't given an explation either and I work there. So don't blame CM's, please, chances are if we say we don't know something, we really don't know.

But I do want to tell you this:

As a disclaimer, pretty much on everything they give you at the DLR regarding times, it says "Subject to change without notice". This was the case. I'm sure there is a reason behind the change for the weekend, I donno and I'm sorry for your bad experience. But if you want to gaurentee yourself a spot to see the parade, go to the Hollywood show stop, the only time the BPB doesn't stop there is when there isn't a parade.
    Just goofin' around.

• Closed Account

^agreed

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings
    The third stop was listed in the show schedule thank you very much. I may be blonde but I'm not illiterate.
    The week before(1/27-1/28) they also only had 2 stops. We too got to the Blue Zone and it went right by us. We asked one of the CM's and they said it was only making 2 stops that day. Sure enough we looked at the Entertainment Times Guide and it did not list the Blue Zone as one of the stops. This last weekend the guide dated 2/3-2/5 did NOT list the Blue Zone as a stop again. So not quite sure what happened if you have one that shows they were stopping at the Blue Zone.

On the flip side it was a good reminder to always check the schedule. If not we would of missed the fireworks which for some reason moved to 8:45 on Saturday.

Just a reminder BPB will only be doing 2 show stops for now on. It's been like that for the past few weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast