Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Your cadaverous pallor

what would you improve in world of color?

Lately WOC for me seems to be getting bland it is spectacular but for me it is not worth seeing anymore, what are some things you guys would do to improve the show?

For me I would get rid of the Brave section and replace it with the "Let it go!" section from winter dreams which whould not severely change the show but would spice and shake it up a bit
    I Fresh baked!

Re: what would you improve in world of color?

I would shorten it, probably by half. I would cut out Brave, Wall-E, A Bugs Life to start. Probably more. I would have more fountain and less spray screen. I feel like the best two parts are the beginning and end when it is mostly all fountains in different colors. I would also incorporate Screamin and the Ferris Wheel more (like they do in Winter Dreams)

More water less movies. Some segments are too long.

• Your cadaverous pallor

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    More water less movies. Some segments are too long.
    yah sometimes they do drag on like, brave Pocahontas and Aladdin all spectacular but just long and over stretched
    I Fresh baked!

• Not the Hawkguy

Probably more of an incorporation of the Winter Dreams effects, such as Screamin and the Fun Wheel.

I think I'm scheduled for a WOC shift either this week or next week, which is the first one I've had since Winter Dreams. Winter Dreams was horrible, by the way. I'll keep my eyes peeled for what works and what doesn't but there are several changes I can think of right now.

The seating/viewing system needs to be completely revamped. Invest 7+ figures in a well-theme, adjustable bleacher system. A bleacher system is easier to police and means more non-Fastpass viewing is obscured than normal. This is super helpful for keeping the emergency evacuation corridor in front of Mermaid clear. A bleacher system also allows for entry, exit, and cleaning times comparable to the Hyperion Theater. This means every night can have at least 2 shows, 3 for weekends, and 4 for the week in between Christmas and New Years.

Bring back the Hellfire sequence while ditching/greatly altering the Lion King sequence. The bleacher system will demolish the wildebeest fountains anyway. I'm in favor of keeping Wall-E since the only other Wall-E presence in both parks is the occasional sighting in the Star Tours luggage scanner. Plus, when the effect is working properly it's one of WOC's best effects. The Genie and Under the Sea sequences are forgettable/use identical effects so there's no need to keep both. I like the Brave sequence but I'd definitely shorten it by at least cutting out 30-120 seconds of needless spinning of the "flower" fountains.

As far as making the show work thematically, I don't know how I'd pull it off. It really isn't in the same category as Fantasmic! so I think part of the problem is guests go in with the expectation that it will be as good as Fantasmic! I'm sure there's a way to make it fit thematically without deleting some of the best sequences like Pocahontas, the arrow shooting the Ferris Wheel, Wall-E, Little Mermaid, Brave, etc. I would be extremely cautious, however, since Winter Dreams pace/plot was so terrible it made WOC look like Fantasmic! They need to be really careful how they change the pacing so we don't end up with another Winter Dreams.

Yeah, I have to say, I watched a video of the show from this month eager to see where they'd included the infrastructure added for Winter Dreams. Correct me if I'm wrong, but... they didn't? I mean, it's whatever, but couldn't a few of the Screamin' lights have amplified the finale? Are the new fixtures still up, just sitting dormant? Sounds a little silly, right?
    I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
    I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
    Famous last words.

• World of Color

Use the lights that are sitting on the Screamin and Fun Wheel structure. And I thought some parts of Winter Dreams were good like the "Let it Go" segment and the finally.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by superlarz View Post
    I would shorten it, probably by half. I would cut out Brave, Wall-E, A Bugs Life to start. Probably more. I would have more fountain and less spray screen. I feel like the best two parts are the beginning and end when it is mostly all fountains in different colors. I would also incorporate Screamin and the Ferris Wheel more (like they do in Winter Dreams)
    I agree with everything here
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Done with MC.

I would put in seating.

I'd make it not a clip show.

• keh!

I would like more abstract sequences and push the effects even more. I haven't seen WoC in over a year but there are some really nice effects with the lighting and the mist that looks like colors dancing in the air. The small spout sequence sounded like a great idea, I'd love for that to be incorporated in the show. If the show is going to feature animation, at least create NEW animation instead of recapping the Disney library of films. Oh, and more original music would be great.

• Disneyland AP

Quote Originally Posted by theatremouse View Post
    I'd make it not a clip show.

The opening night version was flawless. The added junk like Brave and Pirates 4 weaken it incredibly. They're not segments, they're just film trailers. The show as it originally opened used every scene to back a theme, but the added stuff throws it off. Put back Hunchback and use some of the new effects, but other than that, Leave it alone. Certainly don't jam Frozen into it. Winter Dreams was atrocious and made me never want to see that movie.

• Wannabe Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    I would put in seating.
    This was my first thought as well. If I recall correctly this show goes from about 9:45 to 10:15 or so. By this time I have been on my feet walking for anywhere from 6-10 hours or so. I'd enjoy the show MUCH more if I could rest my dogs, instead of standing in a crowd with no room or concept of "personal space" when I am very fatigued.
    The Thousandth Happy Haunt Mike Howard has a plan to become a permanent fixture of a popular Disneyland Attraction, The Haunted Mansion. A short story by L. Christopher Bird (ZenMondo).

flynnOS.org "A digital frontier to reshape the human condition."

JediPath.org Real-life applications of the Jedi Philosophy, without the mysticism.

I would drain the lagoon and expand the fountains all the way to Screamin. This way the show could be enjoyed by everyone even those over by Toy Story. Second, I would expand the show to do a daytime version. Not the 5 min show with Goofy but a full 15 min show.No movies shown but music with the water is enjoyable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast