Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

For Dog lovers ... Dogs in and around the parks.

Looks like we have some dog lovers around here.

I know the only dogs that are allowed inside the parks are "Service Dogs" - not sure what kind or how much certification is needed, but I think we do have a couple of members here who can tell us about it. (I did a search of "dogs" and "Service dogs" here, but nothing turned up for me in the MC search engine, so couldn't find where it had been discussed before).
    There are dogs pretty often walking around Downtown Disney, and although dogs are not allowed at the DLR on site hotels, there are kennels where you can board your dog for the day at the DL entrance. You just can't board them overnight there.
    A while back my husband brought one of our dogs through Downtown Disney and boarded him for a short time at the DL kennel. He was "practicing" for another trip we were planning at the time to see how our dog would do in crowds of people and left short term at a boarding kennel. Of course, DL came to mind ...
    So, he walked over from the M&F parking lot. The CM attendant was really nice and waved him through to the outside Pinocchio lot since he had the dog with him. He wasn't sure how the pup would do on the tram (dogs are allowed on the tram!), so walked over to DTD from the lot. He said the most memorable part of the visit was actually when Cole saw the big fountain before baggage check. Cole loves hoses, so was really excited by the fountain and wanted to jump right in it! (Of course, he was restrained from doing so.) Otherwise he was checked into the kennel (after doing really well in the crowds at DTD and through the Esplanade) for a couple of hours. He did well enough that he got to ride the tram back to the parking lot afterwards (with no problems).

Have you ever brought your dog(s) to the DLR? Would you like to?
    Obviously, DL does not need us all bringing our dogs to the parks. LOTS of reasons for that.
    Of course, there are times I've thought of what it might be like to bring our smallest dog into DL in a stroller and have people peeking in, and instead of seeing a cute little baby face they would see a cute fuzzy doggy face... but I guess he wouldn't make it through the gates ... hehehe.

Re: For Dog lovers ... Dogs in and around the parks.

HA HA! I already replied to Sediment's Mice Lounge topic. I don't have dogs yet, but I'm a dog walker and pet sitter so I'm in LOVE with this thread! My two cats' names are Tiki and Beaker (Disneyland names!)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hillchat View Post
    HA HA! I already replied to Sediment's Mice Lounge topic. I don't have dogs yet, but I'm a dog walker and pet sitter so I'm in LOVE with this thread! My two cats' names are Tiki and Beaker (Disneyland names!)
    We have parrots that talk. I tried playing the Tiki Room song for them over and over, but they never learned it.

• Done with MC.

There was an extensive thread about service dogs a while back. It was very informative but got a little heated if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    There was an extensive thread about service dogs a while back. It was very informative but got a little heated if I remember right.
    I remember that! I don't want this one to get heated and removed. Let's keep it lighthearted.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spanky View Post
    We have parrots that talk. I tried playing the Tiki Room song for them over and over, but they never learned it.
    Oh, that would have been so cute!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    I thought it had been discussed here, but couldn't find it.
    Like I said, first I tried "dogs" and then "service dogs" but nothing turned up.

• Minion

I remember that! I don't want this one to get heated and removed. Let's keep it lighthearted.
    Absolutely! Was it somewhere here that someone started a thread a while back asking ideas for Disney-related names for their puppy?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spanky View Post
    I thought it had been discussed here, but couldn't find it.
    Like I said, first I tried "dogs" and then "service dogs" but nothing turned up.
    Perhaps we should try looking up "dog fight" since that is what the thread ending up being.

• Banned User

I live ridiculously close to DL and would love to take Belly. Ive tried starting a walk at home and walk towards DTD, but Bella is dramatic and acts like we have been walking forever so I turn before we get too close.

I will be taking her for walks through DTD soon to work on crowds and stuff. So if you see a curly with a blue pit, its us practicing! I didn't know she could get on the tram! Although I'd probably get complaints because she IS a pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyminx View Post
    I live ridiculously close to DL and would love to take Belly. Ive tried starting a walk at home and walk towards DTD, but Bella is dramatic and acts like we have been walking forever so I turn before we get too close.

I will be taking her for walks through DTD soon to work on crowds and stuff. So if you see a curly with a blue pit, its us practicing! I didn't know she could get on the tram! Although I'd probably get complaints because she IS a pit.
    Bella sounds adorable! Don't pay any attention to the "pit haters." They're just as ignorant as the people who abuse the dogs and give them a bad name in the first place. Good luck with your walks!

• Minion

I don't think DLR has any breed specific limitations, at least.
    As long as she acts like the potential Canine Good Citizen that you want her to be people shouldn't be able to take issue with it. I have only seen little dogs on the tram (and not often) but Cole is about 50 lbs and they don't list a weight restriction and were fine with him riding. Probably people mostly walk their dogs from the parking lots, especially if they're only going to DTD and can park in the DTD lot.
    I have seen people walking some well-behaved Pits and/or Pit mixes around DTD, at least.

Transportation
    Dogs and cats are allowed to ride on the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure trams but are not allowed on the Toy Story Parking Lot buses.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/kennel/

• Minion

Bella sounds adorable! Don't pay any attention to the "pit haters." They're just as ignorant as the people who abuse the dogs and give them a bad name in the first place. Good luck with your walks!
    This!

• Banned User

in the winter she wears a Pooh sweater.

And this Halloween she is going to be Eeyore.

I would love to be there when you are walking around! Whenever I see someone (anywhere) walking a pit or pit mix, I ask if it's ok to meet them. My favorite dog. She's working on her CGC? I wish mine were that capable, but she's not too good with non-family dogs yet.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast