Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Former Churro Jockey

Re: What changes would you like to see be made to Critter Country?

Actually, it's one of the few areas of the park that can be quiet and peaceful at times (especially when Fantasmic is going) so I'd say leave it alone.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Critter Country has always been that sleepy little corner of Disneyland that really doesn't seem like a land at all. If I had creative control over a Critter Country make-over I would include these changes:

1.) Refurb Adventures of Winnie the Pooh:
    In an ideal world, the best thing to do would be to gut the track and cars and go trackless, like Tokyo Disneyland's version. There has yet to be a trackless system implemented at any U.S. Disney park. A true shame considering it's something that could pull a lot of market share away from Universal. If not a trackless system, plus the ride and take out the tacky wood cut-outs and cheap animatronics and implement more fluid animatronics with projection technology. Similar to what they are doing with WDW's Seven Dwarves Mine Train animatronics and what they recently did with BTM.

2.) Implement a recreation/play/walkthrough attraction:
    Think something similar to the Redwood Challenge Trail at DCA complete with a return of the Country Bears and other animatronics from Disney's past (Brother Bear, Hundred Acre Woods, Bambi, Fox and the Hound, Sven from Frozen?)

3.) Expand Layout to add additional dining options/area: Give people more reason to hang out back in Critter Country. The Hungry Bear is great and provides plenty of room, but it would be great to see a truly great restaurant with great ambiance in the area.

Really, mainly fix pooh to go trackless and Critter Country will see a huge surge of popularity outside of just Splash Mountain.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteWhale View Post
    Critter Country has always been that sleepy little corner of Disneyland that really doesn't seem like a land at all. If I had creative control over a Critter Country make-over I would include these changes:

1.) Refurb Adventures of Winnie the Pooh:
    In an ideal world, the best thing to do would be to gut the track and cars and go trackless, like Tokyo Disneyland's version. There has yet to be a trackless system implemented at any U.S. Disney park.
    Isn't WDW TOT trackless? Drive by wire through the hotel scenes?

3.) Expand Layout to add additional dining options/area: Give people more reason to hang out back in Critter Country. The Hungry Bear is great and provides plenty of room, but it would be great to see a truly great restaurant with great ambiance in the area..
    Ooooh... Something akin to Napa would be awesome... I don't know that there's enough room, but overlooking the ROA would be a GREAT romantic spot. Probably cannibalize some of the patronage from BB though.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Probably cannibalize some of the patronage from BB though.

That wouldn't be such a terrible thing......I remember when the BB actually had several feet of room in between the tables and they didn't pack everyone in as if it were the only restaurant in town on Mother's day.

--sigh--
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

The only thing that needs to be done with Critter Country is to rename it Stuffed Animal land, because outside of Splash Mountain, the rest of Critter Country has been changed to reflect stuffed animals from Winnie the Pooh.

I actually like the fact that its a dead end. Its got an off the beaten path charm that makes it one of my favorite lands. I've never run into the problem with overcrowding, except maybe after Fantasmic but that is just inevitable.

As far as Pooh goes, I could take it or leave it. Its not really my cup of tea, but I find it to be a perfectly acceptable dark ride.

Of course I miss the Country Bears, and as an homage I'd like to see them put some live music back there, similar to what they do in Grizzly Peak or Paradise Gardens. They could find some niche snack (like the Dole Whip is to Adventureland), set up some picnic tables, some colored lanterns, and that would be a real nice spot to relax. I don't know exactly where this would go, but it would probably have to take over the meet & greet. Or if the Pooh ride went away, this could replace it along with another new attraction.

Critter Country has a great ambiance, but there's not really a spot to sit and enjoy it, aside from some benches along the walkway. The Hungry Bear is nice, but you are pretty removed from the whimsical woodsy theme. A nice picnic area might be a good solution.

• Minion

evict Pooh and bring back the Country Bear Jamboree

• Resident Adventurer

Country Bears! Country Bears! Country Bears!!!

*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧ Time until next Disney trip: *✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧
    ???

• ...and the Flowers Croon

Quote Originally Posted by MRaymond View Post
    Can we also put Rufus the snoring bear back in?
    There's that little nod to him in Splash Mountain, although it's supposedly Brer Bear snoring in his house. Will always be Rufus to me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    Shift the railroad out enough to allow for a walking path b/w Critter Country and BTM Ranch. Add another dark ride in the area, themed to Bambi.

I would go for a path that goes outside the berm back through an expansion land where the Circle D Ranch area now is.

I also agree that a Bambi ride would make a great addition to CC. There is space to the west if you made the ride entrance where the store is closest to Pooh. They would just need to reroute the road back there further back by the fence and you could put a showbuilding there. Bambi would be a nice complement to Pooh, and give families another pull to go all the way back into that corner and out of FL. There isn't much for the stroller set to do that direction once they enter Adventureland.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    That wouldn't be such a terrible thing......I remember when the BB actually had several feet of room in between the tables and they didn't pack everyone in as if it were the only restaurant in town on Mother's day.

--sigh--
    I'm not opposed to cannibalizing another part of the park, but TDA probably is. I think a high-end lodge restaurant along the ROA would be a GREAT add to the space (maybe on piers and they could load canoes/keel boats below it). I seriously like the Napa version of this as a restaurant there... I think it could be done, but how many patrons are going to trudge that far past C33/BB to get to it.

•   
    • Banned User

Agreed about CBJ, disagreed about removing Pooh. This land could use 3 attractions, not just 2. ( I don't count souvenir shops, candy stores, restaurants and food carts. ) Why not have all 3 attractions?

Totally agreed that Pooh could use an update. This ride would be the perfect testing ground for something. Maybe a trackless ride but if not, then something, anything. Let it be the guinea pig for a Pooh attraction with a different ride system and/or better animatronics like Little Mermaid has.

Disagree about this section having a better restaurant. It's at the dead end of the park which is too low of traffic. Oh sure, it's "perfect" for those of us who like a quiet dining spot, but from a money point of view it just doesn't have the traffic to carry it. It's at a dead end. Hungry Bear is just fine, or at best upgrade it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    No need for another shooting ride.

I was drinking when I read that. Right out the nose. Thanks pal.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Making Winne the Pooh a better ride and Splash too....If they could find a way to bring back CBJ then that would be great too

• Your cadaverous pallor

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Bring back CBJ.
    agree
    I Fresh baked!

Winnie the Pooh ride needs to get updated like the trackless version.

Some kind of a boat transportation from the entrance off CC to Frontierland. Is there space near the canoes? The other dock could be near the old Cascade Peaks site.Would a CC/FL transportation cause more people into CC than out?

I have a weird idea. For an expansion, they clone Grizzly Gulch's BGMRMC. But instead of a mountain setting it is a hilly forest, and instead of 'real' bears it is the Country Bears. There is a big switchback queue room with several small stages, with an AA bear performer in each. The bear band, The Five Bear Rugs, has the largest stage and Terri hangs on a swing in the center. They all sing songs while the quests are in line. On the ride "The Great Outdoors" is played as the on-vehicle soundtrack. You also pass by a snoring Rufus, then Buff,Max,Melvin at the top of the backwards drop, and then finally the Five Bear Rugs at the climax drop.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast