Thread: Proposal idea

Proposal idea

I am planning to propose to my girlfriend on the week of Dec 8-12 (just to miss the Christmas rush)
    I'm going to ask her best friends to go on a "girls' trip" to disneyland, so it will be a surprise
    I plan on making a scavenger hunt for them that leads them from one ride to the next
    I will have to be in the park before them and talk to the cast members to help me out
    My planned route is city hall-->buzz lightyear-->space mountain-->it's a small world-->?-->?-->?-->photographer in front of the castle.
    The last scavenger clue will tell her to turn around and i will pop out and pop the question.
    What do you think of the idea? will the cast members help me out with handing out the scavenger hunt clues?
    I'm planning on trying to find rides with souvenir stores at the end of the rides, so I can give the clues to the cast members working there.
    Also, are there any affordable suggestions for hotels near disneyland?

Can anyone help me make this the best moment of her life?
    Thank you in advance!

• Selfie Expert

Re: Proposal idea

I would plan on having her friend hand her the clues, I don't think CMs can do that for you.

Sounds like a wonderful, magical plan!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Banned User

Or have the friends text you as they are on the way so that they can "find" the scavenger clues that you leave right before they get there.

That will require a friend to be VERY good at informing you where they are.

I doubt a CM will be able to help as they rotate positions and other stuff. But maybe.

Other than that, congratulations!

Do you think I can maybe leave all the clues to a CM in the city hall for them to pick up?
    I have a feeling if I have the friends give the clues, she will catch on

• Banned User

Won't she catch on that CMs are only giving her group hints? Either way, she may know something is up, but not what or that it is for her.

• Former Churro Jockey

There is a churro wagon in front of the castle, so the CM there might be willing to help you out if their line isn't too bad or if they have two CM's assigned to the wagon that day.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Resident Adventurer

It's a cute idea! However with CM rotations constantly happening, I'm not so sure the CM idea would pan out. ): I would say try not to make the hints too incredibly obvious or she might catch on to what's happening.

If it all comes down to it, you can just have her friends be at the castle at x time with you hiding, have the photographer come out and ask her and her friends to take a photo (if she says no, make sure her friends insist on having the picture taken), and then you can pop out and the photographer can take the pictures while you're proposing to her! Good luck and congratulations!

*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧ Time until next Disney trip: *✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧
    ???

• Selfie Expert

I think any scavenger hunt clues will be a giveaway that she had something in store... Most people don't have cast members approaching them personally for anything.

If you'll be getting there before her, why not leave the clues for them in a locker? Have someone else tell them which locker to go to.

it won't hurt to ask, but I really think for the most part that it will not be easy to have CMs participate in this.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

While your idea sounds like fun, I tend to agree with many of the other posters that the scavenger hunt may be difficult to pull off. I was truly enamoured with the YouTube video of the guy who proposed in downtown disney with a flash mob. Maybe taking a cue from that would be nice inside disneyland simply let your future fiancé spend the day with her friend(s) and get them to take her to the castle or snow white's wishing well, take an MP3 player and a small speaker to play a significant song while they are getting a picture taken then you turn the corner and drop to one knee. Maybe it's been done, but just a thought.

CMs love helping out with proposals! However, the scavenger hunt sounds super risky since there isn't a back-up plan if an attraction goes 101, a CM is dealing with a lost child, etc. I know a ton of Cars Land CMs helped with a proposal in front of Luigi's as well as WOC GSO CMs helping out with a proposal during WOC.

• Your cadaverous pallor

you should go haunted mansion and then give it to the CM in the stretching room and make a clue like "Theirs room for 1000! any volunteers"
    I Fresh baked!