Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• #bringevilback

Re: May is here! Price increase coming soon?

The past two years they have raised them in last May, and typically it will get leaked on a Friday and prices take effect Sunday, so you have a little over a day to purchase them. If the prices for premium go up by much I think I'm going to buy a voucher at Von's to use when my pass expires in September

I think the optimal course would be to hold single day prices steady, increase multiday tickets by a chunk, and double the AP prices (triple, for the cheapo CA passes).
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

According to MousePlanet, the ticket prices are raising very soon.
    Disneyland Tips Its Hand on Coming Price Hikes? - Blogs - MousePad

I'd like to see APs go up significantly, and day and multi-day prices go down. But they don't seem to value my opinion on this one.

I need to buy four 3-day passes for our July trip. I wonder if I should get them now on that "adults pay the kids price" deal.

•   

I'd like to see AP'ers not being the bad guy. As an AP holder I tend to spend more on dining and merchandise than I ever did as a single day attendee. I would imagine TDA is aware of this dynamic.

That having been said, I would at least like to see daily admission prices reflected based on what's open that day. It would curb the amount of self-entitled people who storm City Hall to demand a refund because "attraction xyz" is closed.* At the very least it would give the park a way to better shut these claims down by explaining the daily reflected price of admission. Also, the park wouldn't be rewarded for pulling a Colglazier, which is what they're doing by shutting down Nemo but still charging full price.

( * - Who am I kidding? The self-entitled will still pound their fists and make demands because they "heard it gets results". )
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    I'd like to see AP'ers not being the bad guy.
    They're not in my book. I know I sound like a broken record but it's Disney's entire admission system I have a beef with not the wonderful people who like Disney enough to use it.

As an AP holder I tend to spend more on dining and merchandise than I ever did as a single day attendee.
    Is that per visit or per year? If it is per visit exactly what about the form of admission you hold makes you spend more

That having been said, I would at least like to see daily admission prices reflected based on what's open that day. It would curb the amount of self-entitled people who storm City Hall to demand a refund because "attraction xyz" is closed.* At the very least it would give the park a way to better shut these claims down by explaining the daily reflected price of admission.
    On the surface that sounds like a great idea.....but the problem is that when you lower prices you increase attendance. Increasing attendance on the very days when you have a lower ride capacity doesn't sound very magical to me

That being said I do wish that they would lower the single day admission price on a permanent basis......I believe they are artificially high in order to make the AP look like a better deal
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by joshteevee View Post
    I may be nuts, but I'm still thinking no price increase this year.
    Yup.. you're nuts

Disney already raised prices once this year at WDW.. the only question is if Disneyland will do a spring increase, or only a late summer increase (Aug/Sept)

Classically Disney did it at end of summer, then in recent years they've been doing them in May/June.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

I'm an APer too. But I still think AP pricing should double and day/multi-day prices should go down.

• Seeker of Fun

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    I wouldn't mind something like this.....

1 day tickets remain at $92 / $137

2 day pass remains at $175

3 day pass remains at $225

4 day pass remains at $250

5 day pass goes up $10 to $275

Bring back 6 day pass for $295

So. Cal. Select AP goes up to $359 (for just $64 (less than half the cost of a single one day hopper) locals can get 164 more days than a 6 day pass guest)

Deluxe pass goes up to $630 (that's just $2.00 a day for every day the pass is good for!)

Premium pass goes up to $745 (for less than the cost of a single one day hopper those purchasing this can enter Disneyland an extra 50 days over the Deluxe pass and never encounter a block-out)
    I like this idea, the only change I would make is to hit AP's a little harder. Or MUCH harder in my book. We've had AP's the last 5 years or so, and I've always been amazed at how cheap they are for what we receive in return.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Sleepy Jeff those are not parkhopper prices. Not too many people buy tickets for just one park.

Of course I could be wrong about that. Like I have said before, I do wish that they sold parkhoppers for at least 7 days.

1 day - $137
    2 day - $210
    3 day - $260
    4 day - $285
    5 day - $300

The above are the parkhopper prices.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

If the prices are going to go up to prevent " over crowding" maybe they would consider being more flexible with hours and entertainment. We just got home. This week was forecast for low attendance so we planned our trip knowing the hours/entertainment would be less. Well, that part was right but the crowds were the same as the week before. Just no fireworks, fantasmic, Alladin, etc. and no bonus " park hours extended, second WOC, ". Yet our tickets cost the same. I know, we gambled and lost. The heat wave was just another bonus gotcha! But it would have been nice, when the crowds materialized, if Disney had had some way to plus the experience for the crowds of hot and weary tourists. We suffered through Monday and Tuesday as best we could and only really had a true whoo hoo Disney Day on Thursday when it finally cooled off a bit and the crowds seemed lighter. To be honest, the heat was the worst! And with all the wind the mist stations were off-line just when we could have really used them! Gallons of Gatorade were consumed. We will save up and hope for better luck next time.

I don't mind paying the money every year for an AP premium pass but for the days when the park isn't as packed I don't like that they make you park farther in the structure, have less trams going, close rides down and change the hours randomly.

These are the days that should be what having an annual pass is all about but instead you're super limited.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Sleepy Jeff those are not parkhopper prices. Not too many people buy tickets for just one park.

Of course I could be wrong about that. Like I have said before, I do wish that they sold parkhoppers for at least 7 days.

1 day - $137
    2 day - $210
    3 day - $260
    4 day - $285
    5 day - $300

The above are the parkhopper prices.
    Thank you. I started to list both but then somehow got off track
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

A five day parkhopper comes out to be about $60 a day. That's not too bad for this tourist. If the prices go up, I hope the price doesn't average out too high. Last year, due to the amount of days I went, over the course of two separate trips, I came out better purchasing a Deluxe Pass. This year, that didn't work out for me.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

The deluxe pass was just 130 more than our tickets it killed me to buy a 5 day. We have a discount wk program. But when we had ap's we went all the time causing 000's extra travel costs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12