Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad to Worse

Bad to Worse

Seems like both DL and DCA's food service gets worse and worse. This has got to be an all-time low.

Tonite, I decided to get some ice cream at Bur-RR-bank in DCA. I was the fourth person in line, and it took 20 freakin' minutes to get a single scoop. There were seven...SEVEN...people working the shop, and the manager was in the front of the house the whole time. Three workers stood chatting and giggling on the side much of the time. They had one person working the front and one person scooping. I'm a regular at Gibson Girl and Bur-RR-bank, and this is very typical of their management and organization.

I just don't get it. This is not brain surgery. Hagan Daz in DTD steamrolls people through in no time with less space, more options and roughly the same size of staff. Does park management need Hagan Daz to do an inservice for them? Surely, it couldn't hurt.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Bad to Worse

I decided to get some soft ice cream at Bur-RR-bank in DCA. this is a Hot day. The shop Only Have One soft Ice Cream unit running.
    and not full the with cream stuff.
    you try to eat a softest ice cream on a cone. So give me a cup.

you think have both unit going.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Needs the smell of summer

Yeah, all Disney food Service is like this, perhaps worse now than ever before. Apparently, Jack in the Box has something figured out that Disney doesn't. I could order food, sit down, and eat at any Fast food restaurant in the same amount of time that it takes to order at any given DLR resaurant.

• Closed Account

I don't know. I went to the Pilot's Grill in DCA and got my food fast thanks to the computer ordering.

The problem is, you usually get behind some idiot who is buying food for 20 kids and using 40 different credit cards.

• Silly Bird?

Food service started going really downhill after Pressler and Harris started to close their tenure. To be honest, this is one part of the current management that has gotten worse rather than improved (although the current labor issues must play a huge part and are vastly out of control of upper management).
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."
    A. Trebek, Jeopardy, aired 7/15/2010

SHAMELESS PLUG- Check out my gallery of original ride music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLbC...layer_embedded

• insufferable know-it-all

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mission Seagull
    Food service started going really downhill after Pressler and Harris started to close their tenure. To be honest, this is one part of the current management that has gotten worse rather than improved (although the current labor issues must play a huge part and are vastly out of control of upper management).
    As I've posted elsewhere, this is the one area of the DLR that's really in need of attention. Compare the dining experiences at DL now compared to 20 years ago or more. It's no accident, I believe, that quality started slipping when Indian Aramaki (the park's original executive chef) was stripped of much of his influence and finally retired in the mid-80's.
    Most food in both parks is sub-par quality, and the prices??? Couldn't they cut their profit margins just a tad? Geeze...and as for the CM's...well, Morrigoon said it best.
    It's an issue that really needs attention.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• CM for 4 years!

Check out Catch a Flave... cheaper than Bu-RR-Bank, without the long line (since tis' soft serve, it's quicker!)
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Closed Account

my simple sol'n for getting faster service in this day and age: Eat lunch at 10:45, and dinner at 5:00. A winner everytime.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

I've noticed that too at the Hungry Bear, and had a thread on it earlier. I've noticed the decline in quality too.

• white and nerdy

This is all a sure sign that the economy is too good. Not enough unemployed if you can't even get reliable service in Disneyland's fastfood places.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by NDNation

I just don't get it. This is not brain surgery.
    But if it was the brains would be frozen and ready to go.

Is there a thread with pictures of food items and where they are from with prices? If not I think that would be an awesome thread! Everyone can start taking pictures of their food before they eat it lol!

• The Uber Film Geek

I'm hopeful that somehow the new purchase of Pixar and the various influence of new people at the top will allow for a trickle down effect and solve some of these service problems. The wages need to be raised across the board, and the standards need to be raised for food services.
    My DVDs
    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I am also quite disappointed in the general quality and service provided by Disneyland's food service... with two notable exceptions. I've always had a great experiences and food at Blue Bayou. We very much liked out meal at Rancho Zocalo too.

Last week Vic and I decided to try the burgers at Club Buzz. When it was The Tomorrowland Terrace (which is should STILL BE!!) it served quite good hamburgers and cheeseburgers. Now: we waited at least 15 minutes behine ONE GUY! Granted... he ordered about nine burgers but most places will have him step aside and continue to take orders. Not Club Buzz. The single CM taking orders just walked over to the kitchen window and watched while they made the burgers. Even when they started coming out... she waited until all nine were out before bothering to put them on plates with the fries. Frankly... she was in no hurry to provide any kind of fast service to anyone. SHE JUST STOOD THERE! When we finally got ours... they were mediocre to fair. Just a bun, meat patty and the thinnest slice of tomato I've ever seen. No kidding... I would think it almost impossible to slice tomatoes that thin! I hate those ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise packets. Every other burger operation in the known universe can produce a "dressed" burger. Disney can't? We also got limp, undercooked fries. All for $7 per person. I can get a double-decker Big Mac with a sesame seed bun, lettuce, tomato, pickles, sauce and really, really good fries for about $4-$5 any day of the week. I posted a previous rant about waiting 30 minutes for two hot dogs and two Cokes at Coca-Cola Corner last year. The hot dogs are pre-made! He still got my order wrong.

Shame.
    Last edited by Tom Chaney; 02-06-2006 at 04:52 PM.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast