Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

More details about Star Wars Land

According to M.B Stoker on Yahoo Voices, has revealed more tidbits about what they are planning for Star Wars Land in Disneyland.
    1. detailed recreation of Tatooine such as the Mos Eisley Cantina
    2. Jabba's Palace with an animatronic Jabba as a finale for a pod racer's ride which may include fleeting views of a herd of bantha's (a wolly mammoth like creature), Sand people, the Skywalker homestead, Ben Kenobi's house
    3. modern simulator technology, combining larger high-resolution screens, and 3-D props of a spaceport, spaceships and an asteroid field, similar to the use of 3-D props and movie screens in Universal's new Transformers ride, are rumored to be in development for a future attraction in a Star Wars themed area

​What are your thoughts on this?
    http://voices.yahoo.com/is-star-wars-theme-park-addition-coming-disneyland-12638101.html

Re: More details about Star Wars Land

podracers meh. I'd rather have endor speeders.

All Sounds good to me Any Star Wars Themed Items are great,
    Hoping they don't loose all of Tomorrow Land, Nuances.
    We where just sitting in Tomorrow Land this evening talking about this.
    I would really like to Cruse My R2 In Tomorrow Land some day!!! Be a dream come true!!!!!!
    Name:  gylw.jpg
Views: 1911
Size:  81.0 KB
    Last edited by MouseDroid; 05-03-2014 at 12:25 AM.

Wow stellar repros

• -

Although the article is full of rumors, I think it's a dumb idea to lactate this in CA Adventure.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

This concept sounds really similar to Cars Land. In fact, every time I walk by or through Cars Land, I think, "what if that had been Tatooine?" The main strip would be Mos Eisley, Jabba's Palace could go up on the bluff and the Cars would be replaced with landspeeders (or, more likely podracers).

• formerly very helpful

Mixed feelings. I LOVE Star Wars, but I don't want to lose a genuine Tomorrowland that represents Earth's future. I know that Tomorrowland needs a lot of work, but I do believe there are ways to do this without conversion to Star Wars Land. Just converting some of see ideas into non-Star Wars attractions would do wonders.
    Still, these ideas are exciting and dynamic, so I have the mixed feelings.

and cool astromechs, Mousedroid!

Dhs.
    ~ Erik

• Resident Adventurer

I love Star Wars but I don't think this is the direction Disney should be going with Tomorrowland.... Just update/replace current rides and find something better to do with Innoventions, but putting a Star Wars Land in just doesn't seem to fit very well with everything else in the park. Even if they did go through with this, I'd still call it Tomorrowland.

Star Wars Land is such a mouthful.

*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧ Time until next Disney trip: *✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧
    ???

• Seed and Mulch

If Disney lets Star Wars Land take over all of Tomorrowland, it's a gigantic mistake IMHO. For me, the funniest part is that it references Tatooine which is just about the least futuristic looking location in all of popular science fiction - it's just a desert. And I've never met anybody who likes the Pod Racers. If you want to build a Mos Eisely Cantina? Terrific. If you want to have Stormtroopers and Darth Vader and Rebel Pilots wandering around the area? Great. If you want to put the Millennium Falcon on top of the old AstroOrbitor location? Super. But a "stands the test of time" Tomorrowland needs multiple properties to survive - not just Star Wars.

You should be able to stand in the middle of Tomorrowland - turn around 360 degrees and see:

1. Space Mountain
    2. The Millennium Falcon
    3. SHIELD Headquarters and a Helicarrier (Innoventions)
    4. The AstroOrbitor (back in the air)
    5. TRON Lightcycles (lit up in neon) riding around the Peoplemover track
    6. Flynn's Arcade
    7. Buzz Lightyear

• Minion

The rumor that wouldn't die!!!

A link to an article of rumor and conjecture about a NEW land in DCA and 4 people respond about Star Wars taking over Tommorowland.

Hairy Baby!

• Seed and Mulch

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    The rumor that wouldn't die!!!

A link to an article of rumor and conjecture about a NEW land in DCA and 4 people respond about Star Wars taking over Tommorowland.
    That's because a "Star Wars Land" in DCA makes no sense themeatically; while it's a semi-natural fit in Tomorrowland (and we know it's been discussed internally).

•   
    • Minion

Cool rumors to think about. I would imagine though that any Star Wars things for the parks would incorporate new items from the upcoming films rather than stuff like Jabba's palace. The cantina seems like a no brainer somewhere in a park but obviously it needs to be in a desert like area. I still think though ultimately they will wait until episode 7 hits before making a Star Wars move in any of their parks.

• Former Churro Jockey

I'm all for immersive environments, and I'm dying to visit the new Harry Potter 2.0 at UNI this year, but even though I like Star Wars, I just have no desire to visit Tatooine. It was supposed to be a miserable place which is why Luke wanted to leave so badly. If they're going to recreate something from Star Wars, it needs to be the space ships and the Death Star. I can't think of any planet that was especially compelling that I want to see Disney recreate.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• film975

Good thing it's only a rumor. I won't believe any such thing until either Disney and/or Lucasfilm officially announces it. I don't think any Star Wars expansion projects for the parks have even been green lit yet. I'm sure the Imagineers are "blue skying" stuff all the time though.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast