Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• "Always On The Move..."

Re: Roving Pirate Band: Just one of the touches that makes DL so magical!

Quote Originally Posted by mouseknotts View Post
    I think the lead that you are talking about the the one if the photo below. He is the one in the brown vest. I saw him walk up to some one while singing and when he walked away he showed something that he had "picked up". The expression on the guest face when they realized it was theirs was great, they all had a lot of fun.
    I do not know his name but he is my favorite of the band. When someone wanted a photo with him he said "whiskey" and I called out you mean rum. He said rum only makes you smile after you drink it.
    Everyone should take the time to listen to the pirate bands they are great and they interact with the audience.

THAT:"S ORLIN!!!!!!!!! AND HE"S BACK!!!! OMG! He is my all time favorite pirate and used to run around with Capt. Jack! He was also the "Pirate Captain" in the PoTC prieview show for Stranger Tides. He was gone for quite a while.. This is worth a trip down again, just to see him.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Anybody seen this band?

I was going to have my wife do a hand painting of it (She's a fine artist/photographer by schooling).

Yep! They were on the little stage at one of the cafes. Saw a couple of different bands that day, all on the same little stage.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

His name is Olan the Merchant Definitely one of my favorites as well! He's always asking me about my "fishing accident" (my septum piercing lol)

And I completely agree, the Bootstrappers are ACES and I'm so glad they're still around. I spent my birthday alone at the park 2 years ago and honestly it was the best thanks to them. They swore me in and made a point of gathering a crowd of people around as they sang me a happy birthday shanty. (Which was absolutely MORTIFYING cos I hate any type of attention like that but the rest of the day I had people saying 'oh it's the pirate girl!' so it was kinda ok :P)

Quote Originally Posted by ZomBats View Post
    His name is Olan the Merchant Definitely one of my favorites as well!
    So if I called DL to pay a compliment and say "Olan the Merchant," they'll know who I'm talking about?

I always like to find out if these "pop-up" bands have recorded outside of Disneyland, and if they have, I make it a point to purchase their albums. Many years ago, the Side Street Strutters would play a pre-Fantasmic show aboard one of the barges on the river. They mentioned their name and I found their website (they were the Side Street Strutters in both DL and outside Disney), bought their CD, and wrote back and forth with their leader for some time. Best Dixieland jazz I've ever heard. I've got both Billy's CDs, and thanks to TrueLifeAdventurer, I found the Skullduggers (Bootstrappers) album and bought it too. I listen to them all often, and I incorporate them into my own personal park music mixes as well. The Skullduggers album is fantastic.

Anybody know the name of the bassist who plays with the Bootstrappers now but was in heavy rotation with Billy Hill and the Hillbillies?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12