Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Yea Im betting on first week of July for soft openings. They still have all the new effects and stuff to install and test and then their may be some painting and last minute stuff they have to check.

There were some cast member buzzings earlier this year that testing would begin approximately 2 months before opening. They said it was necessary because of the scope of the redoing of the ride. This will not only help perfect the ride system, but also allow for the adjustment of the special effects.
    Can someone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by lovegrumpy
    I'm hoping for soft opening the first week of july!
    Me too!! That would be sooooo awesome!
    EM EYE SEE KAY EE WHY EM OH YOU ES EE

• Official MC Thread Killer

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic
    There were some cast member buzzings earlier this year that testing would begin approximately 2 months before opening. They said it was necessary because of the scope of the redoing of the ride. This will not only help perfect the ride system, but also allow for the adjustment of the special effects.
    Can someone confirm?
    I can't confirm, but that would make perfect sense. I wouldn't be surprised if soft-openings/tech rehearsals began in mid-May...
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

im goning Monday July 11th to try to get on space mountain and beat the fourth of july crowds and the 50th ann. crowds july 15th and 17th. i hope there is some type of soft openning.

Quote Originally Posted by 101 Dalmatians Rule
    My husband and I will be taking a much needed vacation in May (May 23-28). Originally I was told by our travel agent, Space Mountain was not going to open until November. However, I keep reading on different posts Space Mountain could open some time in July. Does anyone know if Space Moutain could have a soft opening of the attraction at the end of May? My husband loved Space Mountain as a kid and it would be a huge disappointment if we left our trip without going on the ride.
    I was talking with a few CM's in both DCA and DL about this. There are 2 things that MAY be happening. 1: May 16th the ride CM's schedules are being "shifted" simular to what happened to the food service staff (verified this with 3 separate CM's in different areas of the parks). 2: other CM's told me when talking to them (1 in DCA near Screamin', and 1 in Astro blasters) that they have been told to be ready for possible soft openings end of may or early june.

Now if any of the CM's on the micechat boards can comment on this without breaking confidence or risking your jobs please do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12