Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

•   
    • Is it rally time yet?

Re: Craziness for Anna and Elsa at the Rope Drop?

My kids and I went on Friday and were at the front of the crowd at rope drop. It was complete craziness! People didn't even wait for the rope to fully come down in front of them before bolting out and sprinting to the M&G. Some people even clothes-lined themselves on the rope and knocked others over in the process. My 12 year old ran ahead of me and my 6 year old daughter to help secure a good spot in line. Luckily, he's fast and we were the third family in line. I'm glad that my daughter got to meet both Anna and Elsa....because I'm not going through that experience again! Pure madness!
    ~ Katie ~
    My Gumball Rally teams:
    2014 - We Are The Ones Who Rally
    2013 - The Jawawockeez
    2012 - Why is the Rum Gone?

• Certified DL Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Katie1228 View Post
    My 12 year old ran ahead of me and my 6 year old daughter to help secure a good spot in line.!
    Does your 12 year old offer his line sprinting services for hire? lol, cause that's about the only way I'd see Anna and Elsa with the current wait times

I feel bad running, just because I'm a grown woman and I feel like I'd look ridiculous sprinting to Fantasyland without little-ones in tow. I've only been to rope drop at DCA and remember everyone running to Carsland (I just wanted to get to Toy Story Mania without a line).
    2014 Gumball Rally Team- Skyway Sweethearts
    *~Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder~*

Quote Originally Posted by IndyChick View Post
    3-4 hours for one character???? No thanks!
    Well, two characters, so think of it as 90 minutes to two hours for each!

I'm thrilled my son only likes the animatronic Olaf and we can see him from well outside the queue.
    "I know this is probably your first flight, and it's...mine too!"

•   
    • Is it rally time yet?

Quote Originally Posted by the702senior09 View Post
    Does your 12 year old offer his line sprinting services for hire? lol, cause that's about the only way I'd see Anna and Elsa with the current wait times

I feel bad running, just because I'm a grown woman and I feel like I'd look ridiculous sprinting to Fantasyland without little-ones in tow. I've only been to rope drop at DCA and remember everyone running to Carsland (I just wanted to get to Toy Story Mania without a line).
    I felt bad running too, but we kind of had to in order to avoid being caught in a crazy stampede. I told my daughter before our trip that we were going to get in that line one time only, so we better give it our best shot. What we weren't counting on is all of the shoving and yelling that accompanied the running. Its really unfortunate that it happens this way....even my kids (6 and 12) have much better manners and crowd etiquette than a lot of the adults running for this thing. As soon as the rope was being taken down and we saw people start to lose their minds, I knew my daughter couldn't run fast enough so I looked at my son and just said "take off kid, go ahead!" and we lucked out.
    ~ Katie ~
    My Gumball Rally teams:
    2014 - We Are The Ones Who Rally
    2013 - The Jawawockeez
    2012 - Why is the Rum Gone?

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

It is crazy if you plan to go during the week when the park opens at 10 A.M. It would be safer to go during the weekends when the park opens at 8 A.M. I am guessing not many people are willingly to wake up early before then.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Resident Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by joshteevee View Post
    Well, two characters, so think of it as 90 minutes to two hours for each!

I'm thrilled my son only likes the animatronic Olaf and we can see him from well outside the queue.
    Hahah, good point. But still! I'd rather spend the 3-4 hours hopping on rides! Time better well spent, I think, but some people just gotta see the characters I guess. I'd like to think that it won't be as hectic once fall gets here... It'd be nice if they just let the characters roam around Fantasyland instead of queuing up, but then imagine the massive crowd of people that would just swamp those two poor girls and their attendant.

*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧ Time until next Disney trip: *✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧
    ???

• Resident Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    I am guessing not many people are willingly to wake up early before then.
    You'd be surprised at how many people start lining up at both gates at around 6:30AM. Last time I went, I woke up at 6, got to the gate at 7/7:15, and there were already decent sized lines formed up on both sides of the Esplanade.

*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧ Time until next Disney trip: *✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧
    ???

• Quiet As A Mouse!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyChick View Post
    You'd be surprised at how many people start lining up at both gates at around 6:30AM. Last time I went, I woke up at 6, got to the gate at 7/7:15, and there were already decent sized lines formed up on both sides of the Esplanade.
    I stand corrected! That was my logic anyways. People would do ANYTHING to meet Anna and Elsa.

Just off topic, I heard on KIIS FM they were giving out Elsa dresses! YIKES!

Wow, that's crazy. We haven't been to DLR in awhile, but my two year old son would die to meet Elsa... We'll wait until our WDW trip when we can get FP+ for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Katie1228 View Post
    My kids and I went on Friday and were at the front of the crowd at rope drop. It was complete craziness! People didn't even wait for the rope to fully come down in front of them before bolting out and sprinting to the M&G. Some people even clothes-lined themselves on the rope and knocked others over in the process. My 12 year old ran ahead of me and my 6 year old daughter to help secure a good spot in line. Luckily, he's fast and we were the third family in line. I'm glad that my daughter got to meet both Anna and Elsa....because I'm not going through that experience again! Pure madness!
    Oh my goodness! Well ugh, I really do hate to run in the parks, especially when there are cast members EVERYWHERE telling you NO RUNNING NO RUNNING, but it sounds like I am going to have to put on my running shoes, and be there at the rope drop, to not wait 3 hours. Thank you for the insight though!!!! I am an 18 year old boy, who is going to be running ahead of little girls heading to Anna and Elsa, what a wonderful life I lead.

~Hatter

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I love kids, but I am thankful at this point in my life, not to have a child who is dying to meet these two characters.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I love kids, but I am thankful at this point in my life, not to have a child who is dying to meet these two characters.
    Will YOU be visiting them?

• #bringevilback

I feel bad that I was so impatient waiting the 20 minutes I did when I went with my niece on their second day... It's going to be a long time before we see them again, which is a bummer because she now knows them by name, whereas before she was too little and the movie hadn't even actually come out....

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    Will YOU be visiting them?
    I have a 5 day parkhopper for my vacation coming up. Normally, I get to the park at park opening. However, do I want to devote the best time of the day at Disneyland to waiting in line for these ladies? Can't answer that, at this point in time.

I've looked at the park times for these 2 and it says 10AM-3PM not very long they should really do 10AM-7PM or longer but I noticed all characters stop greeting around what 5PM?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast