Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• I am number 4 of 999

Re: Craziness for Anna and Elsa at the Rope Drop?

Quote Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
    I've looked at the park times for these 2 and it says 10AM-3PM not very long they should really do 10AM-7PM or longer but I noticed all characters stop greeting around what 5PM?
    You can get in line right at 3 PM and still have the chance to meet them. If the line is 3-4 hours, that means Hosts, the girls, and photographers have to be scheduled for three to four more hours to respond to the demand, keeping them there until 6-7 PM. If they closed the line at 7 PM, the cast members wouldn't get to leave until 10 PM. There basically needs to be one shift to cover the posted operational hours, and one shift to cover the location after it's officially closed.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    Just an idea but what if they built a custom place that could house 2 sets of Anna and Elsa? You walk in and either go left or right into separate rooms to see the characters. This could possibly speed up the wait a little.

Just a thought
    They are Disney... so they could simply charge a separate fee... $20 to see them....if the lines were still too long then raise it to $30... They might even manage to get enough money to build a new ride in a couple of months.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    You can get in line right at 3 PM and still have the chance to meet them. If the line is 3-4 hours, that means Hosts, the girls, and photographers have to be scheduled for three to four more hours to respond to the demand, keeping them there until 6-7 PM. If they closed the line at 7 PM, the cast members wouldn't get to leave until 10 PM. There basically needs to be one shift to cover the posted operational hours, and one shift to cover the location after it's officially closed.
    The last few times that I have been there they have close the line around 2:15 so they don't close the line until then but they need to have it open longer.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post

How can they stay overtime if the meet and greet ends at 5PM why would they extend it until 7PM?

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
    How can they stay overtime if the meet and greet ends at 5PM why would they extend it until 7PM?
    That happens a lot.

The official Disney policy seems to be that if you're in line for something at closing time, you get to see it. Like if you get in line for Pirates or Peter Pam at 11:56 pm and the park closes at 12, you still get to ride, even if that means you're not getting out of the ride until 12:45. I've actually seen people doing that (jumping into queues) at 11:55 or 11:58 when it's clear that they are not going to get into the attraction until after the park is closed.

So with this, it is perhaps the same thing: I think what they mean when they say it "closes" at 3 is that the line ends at 3 (if not sooner, as Capt Hook says). It doesn't mean the characters or CMs pack it in and leave exactly at 3.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    That happens a lot.

The official Disney policy seems to be that if you're in line for something at closing time, you get to see it. Like if you get in line for Pirates or Peter Pam at 11:56 pm and the park closes at 12, you still get to ride, even if that means you're not getting out of the ride until 12:45. I've actually seen people doing that (jumping into queues) at 11:55 or 11:58 when it's clear that they are not going to get into the attraction until after the park is closed.

So with this, it is perhaps the same thing: I think what they mean when they say it "closes" at 3 is that the line ends at 3 (if not sooner, as Capt Hook says). It doesn't mean the characters or CMs pack it in and leave exactly at 3.
    That's right so say you got in line to see Anna at 2:04 and they close it at 2:15 u get to see Anna. But say if you get to the line at 2:20 u will not get to see them that is how they do it.

We're going in December and I absolutely dread having to deal with this. My 4 and 5 year old absolutely positively want to meet Elsa and Anna though.

Shoot me now.

We'll be there with another family and I think we will just have to send the dads to run and secure line spots while we moms trail behind with the kids. I'm doing this at rope drop or not at all. Under no circumstances am I going to wait in line for 3-4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by threnjen View Post
    We're going in December and I absolutely dread having to deal with this. My 4 and 5 year old absolutely positively want to meet Elsa and Anna though.

Shoot me now.

We'll be there with another family and I think we will just have to send the dads to run and secure line spots while we moms trail behind with the kids. I'm doing this at rope drop or not at all. Under no circumstances am I going to wait in line for 3-4 hours.
    That's what we did. I briskly walked to the line at rope drop and waited 90 minutes to the sisters. Meanwhile the family got to enjoy the short lines for an hour before joining me.

• Queen Elsa

Hopelly this Christmas day that they don't have the meet and greet close like they did last year.

• film975

I'm beginning to think that this is getting a little out of hand. I mean... come on! A 4 four hour line already circling around the Village Haus restaurant soon after the park opens?! It's just not worth that long a wait. That's nearly half of your day wasted right there waiting for characters. Disney needs to do something about this soon.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Why don't they have fastpass? People wouldn't have to stand there so long, they could go off and do something else. Or perhaps it is too hard to judge the time to meet the characters. It's probably unpredictable. Not like counting riders on a ride.

My trip is 16 days away. I know I won't be getting in that line, that's for sure.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Why don't they have fastpass? People wouldn't have to stand there so long, they could go off and do something else. Or perhaps it is too hard to judge the time to meet the characters. It's probably unpredictable. Not like counting riders on a ride.

My trip is 16 days away. I know I won't be getting in that line, that's for sure.
    DLR has never offered FP for M&G and the reality is they are just not set up to make this conversion. Typically, for WDW, the greets with FP have two sets of characters to manage SB and FP, but here only PFF that's two sides, and they still never intended to add FP to it.

Also, to, I hate how this sounds, but if they added FP to this, I feel like it would be overrun with DAS cards and you'd end up with an even longer SB line. Currently, the WDW line has remained the same length even after the move to MK and the addition of FP and a second set of girls. Yes, more people are seeing them, but the line for SB is the same.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post

Because they don't have the room to put a fast pass booth there. That is why there is no fast pass for Peter Pan,Snow White or the other rides at Fantasyland. Disney has said this alot of times. Even if they did have it, it still be a 4 hour wait look how it is at WDW right now.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have brought this up before, except I said Fastpass Only. No standby line, and of course, I seem to be in the minority opinion that that could work. Hopefully the majority of those who choose to wait find it a worthwhile experience. I have entered long lines, by choice before, and ended up regretting it. Of course, it does seem that once someone gets in a line, they don't want to leave. It's admitting defeat, I guess, and in the end not getting what we want.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Got to admit, this is a phenomenon I still cannot completely understand.

(Guess maybe I should consider myself fortunate, as it means I will never have to wait hours to meet any character?)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast