Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Ride Idea. What do you think?

Okay, so I love the Lion King. I've always thought it would be cool as a roller coaster, and a finally thought of an idea.
    This would ideally belong in Adventureland, but there is a lack of space there.

It would be half indoor, half outdoor, kind of similar to Expedition Everest.

The beginning would be like California Screamin', but with Simba being chased by the wildebeests all around the track. This will be outdoor.

Then, as the train goes up the first hill, the hyenas will be surrounding the track on elevated rocks. At the top, Scar will be sitting on his rock and will shout "Be Prepared" and that will introduce the first drop. This part will be indoors.

The track of the drop will resemble the elephant skull from the elephant graveyard. This will be outdoor.

Then, there will be a turn and another upward hill. Up the hill, we will see Timon and Pumbaa singing the Hula song. Since they are being chased by hyenas, there be another drop into a little spiral.

This next part will be indoors. Up another hill, there will be a change in theme. It will show Simba and Nala from the Can You Feel the Love Tonight scene. Then, the drop will be like a waterfall, and once at the bottom, we will experience Upendi.

One more hill, outdoors, and this time, it will be to the top of Pride Rock. We will hear "The Circle of Life" and the scene that corresponds with it (lifting Simba up). And, the roller coaster will end with a downward spiral around the rock. Below, so it's not just empty and boring, will be the Pride Lands that feature all of the other animals.

Like it? Hate it? Suggestions? Variations?

• Minion

Re: Ride Idea. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    Okay, so I love the Lion King. I've always thought it would be cool as a roller coaster, and a finally thought of an idea.
    This would ideally belong in Adventureland, but there is a lack of space there.

It would be half indoor, half outdoor, kind of similar to Expedition Everest.

The beginning would be like California Screamin', but with Simba being chased by the wildebeests all around the track. This will be outdoor.

Then, as the train goes up the first hill, the hyenas will be surrounding the track on elevated rocks. At the top, Scar will be sitting on his rock and will shout "Be Prepared" and that will introduce the first drop. This part will be indoors.

The track of the drop will resemble the elephant skull from the elephant graveyard. This will be outdoor.

Then, there will be a turn and another upward hill. Up the hill, we will see Timon and Pumbaa singing the Hula song. Since they are being chased by hyenas, there be another drop into a little spiral.

This next part will be indoors. Up another hill, there will be a change in theme. It will show Simba and Nala from the Can You Feel the Love Tonight scene. Then, the drop will be like a waterfall, and once at the bottom, we will experience Upendi.

One more hill, outdoors, and this time, it will be to the top of Pride Rock. We will hear "The Circle of Life" and the scene that corresponds with it (lifting Simba up). And, the roller coaster will end with a downward spiral around the rock. Below, so it's not just empty and boring, will be the Pride Lands that feature all of the other animals.

Like it? Hate it? Suggestions? Variations?
    I like it.

Awesome idea, Adventurland could use another cool ride like that.

• Down Pluto!

Sure. Let's tear out the Treehouse, Jungle Cruise, Indy, and Pirates to make room for it.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Resident Adventurer

A ride that I would go on, for sure. It's a shame that there's no room on Disneyland side for an attraction of this size without ripping out a lot of other ones.

Like the idea!

*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧ Time until next Disney trip: *✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Sure. Let's tear out the Treehouse, Jungle Cruise, Indy, and Pirates to make room for it.
    I don't know that I was suggesting they do that. I just said it would be best in Adventureland...

Quote Originally Posted by IndyChick View Post
    A ride that I would go on, for sure. It's a shame that there's no room on Disneyland side for an attraction of this size without ripping out a lot of other ones.

Like the idea!
    Thanks!
    Yeah, I know! I realized that they would either need a lot of room or have to make a lot of room for this kind of ride...and sadly, it wouldn't fit thematically anywhere else ):

• Resident Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    Thanks!
    Yeah, I know! I realized that they would either need a lot of room or have to make a lot of room for this kind of ride...and sadly, it wouldn't fit thematically anywhere else ):
    Even if they did tear out another parking lot for more expansion, you'd still run into the problem of diverting the paths to that section around backstage areas. I'm sure they'd find a way to either move backstage or redirect paths around it, but still.

Y'know, as much as I hate to throw more rides WDW's way, this would also fit really well at Animal Kingdom and could probably up the visitor numbers to that park drastically with a huge coaster like that.

*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧ Time until next Disney trip: *✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧
    ???

Even if they did tear out another parking lot for more expansion, you'd still run into the problem of diverting the paths to that section around backstage areas. I'm sure they'd find a way to either move backstage or redirect paths around it, but still.

Y'know, as much as I hate to throw more rides WDW's way, this would also fit really well at Animal Kingdom and could probably up the visitor numbers to that park drastically with a huge coaster like that.
    I was actually thinking the same thing, but since I don't go to WDW often (actually only been there once) I definitely wouldn't want it there lol.

• Minion

Well, since they built a queue that was nearly a mile long for Indy, they could just make it two miles to reach the new ride. I don't see any problem with walking and as long as its themed like Indy's queue, I wouldn't mind it at all.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Banned User

To rephrase Sambo's point:

Emotions: "I want..."

Analytical: "But where's it going to go? How big will it be? What sacrifices need be made?"

• World of Color

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    Well, since they built a queue that was nearly a mile long for Indy, they could just make it two miles to reach the new ride. I don't see any problem with walking and as long as its themed like Indy's queue, I wouldn't mind it at all.
    You are walking all day so I won't mind that idea. AS LONG IF THE QUEUE IS THEMED LIKE INDY OR RSR.

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    To rephrase Sambo's point:

Emotions: "I want..."

Analytical: "But where's it going to go? How big will it be? What sacrifices need be made?"
    Once again. It was just an idea. Never said it was going to happen.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I like it.....no good reason why it couldn't be built over the Indian Jones show building.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Done with MC.

I like it! I think room could be made for it by bull dozing Big thunder BBQ (Just my suggestion) and using the room between it and the area across from BTMRR. I know that's not Adventure land but it may be as close as we can get. Unless they re-purposed the tram area or something.
    At any rate, Disney has already toyed with creating a whole land in the Big Thunder area so there's plenty of room there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast