Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Re: Should I complain to Disneyland Guest Services? Need input!

Quote Originally Posted by kandirae View Post
    We were there at the same time and experienced A LOT of the same issues with rides breaking down and big crowds. My advice is make the most out of what you CAN do and if something's goes wrong- make a joke out of it! We were the NEXT group to be loaded when space mountain broke down. We listened to the cast members and figured out that some had thrown up all over the last tunnel of the ride and it had to be cleaned. We waited patiently making jokes and then when the cleaning staff came out of the tunnel we cheered for them and EVERYONE in that last loading room joined in. We then proceeded to cheer on every car that had been stuck on the ride as they came back. Before we knew it, we were on the ride. Sure it cut into our plans for the day but it ended up being a really fun experience! Always expect your plans to change and get your kids in on the jokes! It doesn't matter what you accomplish- just have fun!
    Great attitude!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Resident Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    Because many of us are responsible and are tired of the self-entitled complaining about everything as if it's unfair to them. Let me make it clear I'm not calling you or the OP irresponsible, only pointing out that you have options to check the ride closure calendar. Whether or not you take them is up to you, but it's not Disney's fault if you had a bad time. It's not Disney's fault of your expectations weren't met. They never lied to you, they never mislead you, in fact the publicly posted it on their website and at the entry to the parks on large signs I've seen many times.

...and yet in this self-entitled day and age people still scream like pouting children when they didn't have a good time. On behalf of so many of us who are tired of the self-entitled "cup is half empty" types who seem to dictate the pace our society runs at, I've had enough. It's precisely those types that I wish were NOT in the park so that the rest of us who know how to have a good time despite whatever is closed can enjoy ourselves. I have heard so many guests in the park who say "Just complain, they'll give you one for free" and it occurs to me that we as a society have lost our way. "Just complain."

THAT is why so many people are disinterested in sympathizing with this plight.
    Bless this post.

*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧ Time until next Disney trip: *✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧
    ???

It doesn't hurt to complain, though you should be polite. I know many people have said you should have checked the calendar at Disneyland's website for ride closures so you could decide if you wanted to take your vacation now, but currently, it only shows through June 10. Since today is May 7, that is only 5 weeks in advance. Many people make their plans earlier than that, especially if they have long distances to travel, request vacation time off from work, book flights, make reservations, etc. It should be updated more in advance than that.

I feel like people are jumping on the OP for a legitimate complaint. If I had planned this trip for my kids far in advance and was constantly let down, I would be a very frustrated customer. As I said before, I was there yesterday and took it all in stride. Luckily for me, I have an AP and can return on a regular basis so these closures didn't have a huge impact on my experience. If I had been in the OP's shoes, however, I would probably be just as upset. Granted, I probably wouldn't whine on a message board about it but the OP has some legitimate complaints about the 101's. For the amount of money one spends on a ticket, these types of situations shouldn't occur unless a major emergency situation is truly taking place (earthquake, fire, active shooter, etc.), especially by the leaders of the theme park industry.

Yes even Disney isn't perfect all the time, I understand that. But the situation which occurred yesterday is something that should be reserved for very serious situations. Simply stating that the system went down does not mean Disney should get a free pass, at least in my eyes.

I hope you get a satisfactory response, OP. I'd never have believed that the parks would be a "ghost town" on these days, or ANY day for that matter. It just doesn't happen anymore. But the majority of E tickets being down at once must be frustrating.

I don't get the love for the on property hotels. My service has always been spotty there, and I won't stay there again, even with AP discount.

Disney should have plans for when things happen. I'm sorry your trip has been frustrating and I hope the rest of it is better.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Wow, I cannot believe this thread.

To the OP, I am truly sorry your trip has been so frustrating. I hope things get better. I have seen at least 3 other threads with similar issues about ride closures this month. I highly recommend stopping by City Hall or sending an email to customer service. It may not immediately resolve anything, but hopefully will help clear the air for the rest of the trip.

I can't believe after spending hundreds of dollars (at least), people here seem to think you have no reason to be upset. It boggles my mind.

For those attractions that were closed due to refurbishment, it is your responsibility to check the refurb schedule, as everyone else has stated. For those other attractions that temporarily went down, to call this "unacceptable" is exactly the type of self-entitlement that fifthrider so brilliantly referred too. Attractions break down. Some like it blame it on poor maintenance, but since no one here works in Facility Asset Management or Maintenance, that's plain ignorance. A million and one things can cause an attraction to go down, and a million of those instances are due to guests. If some sort of mythical network went down, you can bet your butt that Disney was working hard to get those attractions working again.

Eight attractions down still leaves fifty to go...let alone an entire second theme park.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DuckyDelite View Post
    I can't believe after spending hundreds of dollars (at least), people here seem to think you have no reason to be upset.
    GCH...better make that "hundreds of dollars" per night
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by denyuntilcaught View Post
    For those attractions that were closed due to refurbishment, it is your responsibility to check the refurb schedule, as everyone else has stated. For those other attractions that temporarily went down, to call this "unacceptable" is exactly the type of self-entitlement that fifthrider so brilliantly referred too.
    Self-entitlement? Do you even know what the words mean?

The person was paying for a product... a product Disney failed to deliver. Attractions go down, yes.. but a company that prides itself on CUSTOMER SERVICE should strive to offer the best product should it not? And if the COMPANY (not the customer) fails to deliver on that best product... why on earth are you all blaming the customer for asking if the company should have some sympathy for the horrible showing they put on?

The OP wasn't asking for the park to pivot around them - they were asking about disappointment from not getting the product Disney is known for offering.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

I get the sense that a lot of people here were not supportive because they can just go back on Friday or Sunday or next Tuesday if they have a day like this. They can't really relate to waiting years and saving thousands between trips.

• Disney Obsessed

Poster kandirae and I are best friends who were team OMG it's our princesses! At the rally and we spent the whole weekend following Barbaranns advice: if we don't have fun it's our own fault! And with the ride closures on rally day we REALLY had to remind ourselves of that. But when we were at space we made the nose of it on Sunday! It was a lot of fun! There was a woman who did complain and did get a re-admittance pass who was further behind us up the ramp but don't know if it was the op. Space turned out to be one of the highlights of that day

IF all of this is impacting your vacation so much, then politely complain to city hall- if you throw a fit they might not really want to help you out... I know I am more responsive to polite people.

It does suck when this happens with kids- they don't always understand. I'm sorry your trip is rough. It can and will get better!!!

• Disneyland Dreamer

There's a lot of opportunity here for learning for future trips. First... HOPPERS... worth every penny. One park has problems, move to the other... Longer trips...4 - 5 days should be long enough for a good experience at least 50% of the time. No Mousekeeping for multiple days at the Grand.... that one I can't buy... They have come by our room 3 days in a row on previous trips, one for regular cleaning, one, they just straightened up while we were down at the pool, and once for turndown. Pretty impeccable service. Bell Services, I've got nothing on that either because it doesn't happen. Attitude... We ALWAYS have fun at DLR, even when our favorite rides are down for refurb or 101, and when the park is a 12 on the scale of 1 to 10 crowd-wise. Look at what you could have done better and plan to do it better next time.

• Sock Puppet

lol at people thinking this is viral marketing for Knott's or Universal. just lol.

• Greetings, Program!

Write a detailed but POLITE message to Guest Relations thru the park's official site. Make it painstakingly detailed and express your disappointment and why. Above all, do not use profanity and make your case as maturely as possible.

I say this because this is exactly what I did when a particular trip of mine last year coincided with a Grad Nite and by doing this, I got results.

Good luck.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast