Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Should I complain to Disneyland Guest Services? Need input!

Hello!, I really hope I get responses to this quick! We are at Disney Land right now, (May 4-9), and have been plagued by problems the entire time. The amount of rides closed is unbelievable.
    Closed:
    Indiana Jones
    Small World
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Alice and Wonderland
    Go Go Coaster
    Finding Nemo Subs
    DCA:
    Grizzly River Run
    Ariel
    Many of the other rides have been closed frequently, Splash Mountain, Thunder Railroad, Space Mountain, Screamin, Matterhorn, all of them closed many times during the day. My kids finally made it to the front of the line in Space Mountain only to have it shut down right before their turn just told SOL. They were heart broken, they barely rode anything today because NOTHING was open. It said it was supposed to be a ghost town (I totally understand they can't control crowds) but it was so busy, I can handle busy but there was nothing to do. My kids had tears in their eyes all day and don't even want to come back tomorrow, I'm seriously heart broken. Normally the service of the CMs are amazing, we love them, but we had so many rude ones this time. My husband and I NEVER complain ever, but this just went too far. We spent a lot of money, found babysitters for our baby, traveled a long way, missed school, for THIS?? Should I complain at City Hall or just leave it be? We have been to Disneyland many times and been so happy, great memories, but we will probably not come back for a long time. Thanks for reading, need advice!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Should I complain to Disneyland Guest Services? Need input!

I mean the rides closed like Indy...no you can't really make a case those rides for months have been on the schedule as going down...now Splash and Big Thunder...you can try to press your luck

• Down Pluto!

This is why scheduled closings are posted on their web site.
    Make your case, but not a lot they can do.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Production Designer

You will probably be one in the hundreds that probably have already complained. That must be very frustrating though and I'm sorry to hear all the closures. As far as the scheduled refurbishments, there is nothing they can do about that since it's posted on the website ahead of time.

I hope you can make the best of your trip. :-/

Since this is your first post, let me warn you up front that you're going to get hammered here.

The gist: Ride closure schedules are published well in advanced. Does it suck having these rides closed? Yep. But it is what it is. In the future, you can prevent this disappointment by checking the schedules and planning accordingly, or managing your expectations.

No, I wouldn't complain to guest services, because all they'll do is tell you what I just did-- just in a more polite way.

I'd complain but not in a rude manner. I'm sure they are getting a lot of complaints in general.

It it sucks but right now is not a good time to go if you don't have an AP. I personally only go about once a year so I timed my most recent one to be before spring break while only a few rides were down. I can completely understand why people who don't check before they go would be frustrated and want to complain. The amount of rides down right now is ridiculous.

• Minion

Would I complain? Nope. Ride closures were listed months in advance, plus it is widely published most ride refurbs happen during off season. And May has always been considered "off season". Most people know if you go in the off season to expect shorter hours and fewer rides and entertainment. But, crowd predictions are an inexact science, and one I rarely rely on.

I'm sorry your child didn't get to ride Space, but it is better to err on the side of caution. Weird that rides kept breaking down on you. We were there last week and while the rides we expected were down, we experienced few breakdowns. The break down they did experience was guest related (guests boarding too slow causing an e-stop.)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• The doctor is in

I would complain about any unexpected, frequent closures you are experiencing but I would not complain about the closures that have been posted in advance.

I experienced the same thing last May during my trip. Rides kept shutting down randomly and breaking while we were in line and it got to a point where I asked a CM what rides were open. It was very frustrating. I complained via email, as well as complaining about the Grad Night situations, and wound up getting a complimentary 3-day pass.

The bottom line is it never hurts to share your concerns and disappointments with Disney. Just make sure you aren't bashing them for things you could have easily hopped on disneyland.com and seen on the refurb schedule 6 weeks ago.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Certified DL Addict

I agree with others your complaints about the refurbs doesn't warrent a complaint on it's own... those rides have been posted as down for weeks now.

In regards to the random closures there were a lot this past weekend... I heard that Splash kept going down and twice when I went to Space on Saturday it was closed. If you write a polietly worded letter explaining your frustration you may get a park pass to use in the future, depending on the guest services representative you get.

In the future if you are almost next in line and the ride goes down you should be offered a readmission pass, at least that's what I've gotten in the pass. If you don't be proactive and speak with one of the guest services desk or city hall and they can usually issue you a readmission pass so you don't have to wait in line, which will make your day more enjoyable.
    2014 Gumball Rally Team- Skyway Sweethearts
    *~Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder~*

• Seasick

Apparently the Disneyland Resort has only eight attractions, because with the eight closures listed here, "nothing" was open.

Would they not have handed out re-entry slips in the case where someone was turned away from Space Mountain at the front of the line?
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Yikes, some of you are a little sensitive on this issue. I didn't know until a couple weeks out that closed rides are posted, the trip was booked and we decided to make the most out of it. That's my mistake and it won't happen again. I talked to several CMs who agreed with me about the closures, there were just too many. There were many other things that happened that I was too tired to list yesterday from being on my feet listening to crying kids all day(I was almost crying) CMs were flat out rude, this has never happened to me before, it felt like an entire different park. We stayed at the Grand Californian, HORRIBLE service. The other hotel guests were better than the actual employees. I was traveling by myself with 3 small children, my husband came to the hotel earlier to get us all checked in, got the keys, room number, etc... I get there, no bellhops can help with bags so I hauled everything to the hotel to find out they gave our room away. The poolside service was awful, extremely rude and I finally had to go find a server after waiting 30 mins. We have been here 4 days, our room has been cleaned once. Between the awful days in the park and the hotel, I feel we have legitimate complaints. We never complain, it has to be bad for us to say something, especially my husband but he has had it. I will for sure be asking for a refund on our remaining days, we were going to get an AP but we can't stomach giving them anymore money.

Quote Originally Posted by judson27 View Post
    It said it was supposed to be a ghost town (I totally understand they can't control crowds) but it was so busy, I can handle busy but there was nothing to do.
    Now there's something I'll agree with you completely on. We planned our vacation for last week specifically because it was supposed to be a "ghost town." That site's definition of "ghost town" and my definition of it are apparently quite different. Granted, it had been several years since our last trip and I think overall crowds on any given day have increased. I'm sure that to the teeming masses of AP-ers here on MiceChat, last week was indeed a ghost town. Not in my mind.

We actually started our visit last Sunday so we could ride Pirates and watch Fantasmic and Fireworks before they all shut down. According to all the sites, that day was supposed to be uber-busy. And it was, at least when it came to ride waits. The ride waits on the subsequent days last week were definitely lighter, but overall the place still seemed REALLY crowded to me. Monday was a "ghost town" day, and yet we waited 45 min. for Monsters at DCA, with ridiculous wait times at Bugs Land and Cars Land attractions.

Crowds in the walkways last week during "ghost town" didn't seem much lighter than they were on Sunday. Especially when it came to World of Color (short people need not even try) and counter service food. I waited 30 minutes for a corn dog on Tuesday in DCA and 30+ minutes for beignets in New Orleans Square on Wednesday. Fighting for a spot in the Radiator Springs Racers bulk fastpass line on Wednesday morning was quite an ordeal.

So yeah, like you, we learned the hard way: the term "ghost town" is quite relative.

I was also in the park yesterday and let me tell you, it seemed like more things were down than were up.

Apart from the scheduled refurbs the following attractions were down from approximately 5pm until closing:

-BTMRR
    -Splash Mountain
    -Space Mountain
    -Matterhorn

Coupled with the scheduled closures that leaves 2 prime e-ticket attractions open; Star Tours and HM. I have never seen so many rides down before and when other e-tickets are already down for refurb, it only multiplies the problem.

I'm assuming that yesterday had to be an anomaly as I typically don't see more than 1 or 2 rides down at any one time. I would make a complaint to Guest Services. Unfortunately I'm not sure there is much they can do about freakishly bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by judson27 View Post
    Yikes, some of you are a little sensitive on this issue.
    I don't think they're oversensitive. They just can't relate. As a very non-local, non AP holder, I find it tough to relate to most posters on the DL side of MiceChat. It seems most posters here are local, AP holders, or otherwise frequent visitors-- most with few or no children. So the stuff you're complaining about doesn't register the majority here. Space Mountain closes unexpectedly? Meh, we'll catch it next week when we pop in for dinner and pin trading. I've learned never to come here for advice or sympathy when it comes to this kind of thing.

That said, you're probably a little out of my league. Bellhops? Poolside service? I'm lucky if I snag a Marriott with a continental breakfast within a 3 mile radius of the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    Apparently the Disneyland Resort has only eight attractions, because with the eight closures listed here, "nothing" was open.

Would they not have handed out re-entry slips in the case where someone was turned away from Space Mountain at the front of the line?
    She listed 14 rides as being closed throughout the day.

If Disney is going to have so many rides down for refurb at once then they need to strive to be perfect at everything else. Sounds like they were far from that yesterday.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast