Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone else wish Disney did more with Narnia?

I can't help but feel like Disney missed a huge opportunity to capitalize on a fantastic franchise with Narnia. I know that the 3rd film didn't perform well at the box office but Narnia is a franchise that endured long before the films were released and will continue to be viewed as a classic children's series. Narnia would have made for a perfect addition to Fantasyland or even it's own sub-land. It's a shame more wasn't done with this franchise. I know they are trying to revitalize the film series but it's looking pretty grim. Even if they do bring it back, chances are Disney won't be involved.

I guess my dream of seeing Narnia realized in a theme park will never come to fruition.

Re: Anyone else wish Disney did more with Narnia?

I was so disappointed in those movies, I'm glad Disney didn't do anything with them. I loved those books as a child and couldn't wait when the first movie came out. What a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda949 View Post
    I was so disappointed in those movies, I'm glad Disney didn't do anything with them. I loved those books as a child and couldn't wait when the first movie came out. What a dud.
    I felt that the first two films were relatively close to the source material and did a great job translating the world of Narnia to a cinematic experience. What didn't you like about the films? The first film in particular follows the book very closely with minor alterations.

Nope, thought the movies went south a bit as they progressed. We saw the WDW walk through which was pretty blah IMO.

• formerly very helpful

I would have liked seeing more movies, but never was too keen on seeing them in the parks. Why? I have no idea.

Something about the first movie bored the heck out of me. I used to find the books exciting and I remember liking the really, really old movie version of the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. But I found the new movie boring and uninteresting. I can't pin-point it. I ended up getting up and washing dishes in the middle of the movie when I rented it. Not a good sign!

Kind of. I really like narnia (even though I still haven't read one of the books ) I wish they did a a ride somewhere but not overdo it. I would've liked a narnia land but I wouldnt want it in disneyland and I know it wouldnd't fit in dca maybe I would've liked just an e ticket ride in dcas hollywood backlot.

• Former Churro Jockey

Well, I personally would love it, but I have a feeling that I'm in the minority and that it wouldn't be all that successful. I really liked the movies, and the books were my favorite as a kid, but none of the movies were all that popular (Disney didn't even do the 3rd one, some other movie studio did) so I'm guessing that means that there isn't a big demand for it. I'd love to see a whole Narnia land created that was super immersive like the Harry Potter world at Universal, but alas, I'll have to wait until Virtual Reality is perfected and just experience it that way.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Senior Minion

Nope
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Nutty about Disney parks

I would've liked to have seen them film the other books but not much else beyond that.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• The doctor is in

A fourth movie is finally happening, so who knows what will come of the Narnia series.

As far as park inclusion, part of me would have wanted it but most of me doesn't. There isn't really a decent way to implement a Narnia themed ride unless it's a show or interactive 3D thing like Captain EO or Muppet Vision.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• One Little Spark...

Were the films popular enough to have a stronger presence in the parks? Although I read a few of the books, I saw the first film and didn't care much for it. Never bothered with the rest.

• Minion

I felt the films were just average, nothing to get too excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    Were the films popular enough to have a stronger presence in the parks? Although I read a few of the books, I saw the first film and didn't care much for it. Never bothered with the rest.

The first two films were pretty successful. The third one, which Disney didn't have any part of, not so much. It just seems strange to me that at a time when Disney was struggling to capture the young boys market they didn't do more with Narnia seeing as it's got a bunch of stuff which is catered towards the boy audience.
    "Fairy tales, then, are not responsible for producing in children fear, or any of the shapes of fear; fairy tales do not give the child the idea of the evil or the ugly; that is in the child already, because it is in the world already. Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey."
    -
    G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    A fourth movie is finally happening, so who knows what will come of the Narnia series.

As far as park inclusion, part of me would have wanted it but most of me doesn't. There isn't really a decent way to implement a Narnia themed ride unless it's a show or interactive 3D thing like Captain EO or Muppet Vision.
    Is a fourth movie actually happening? I'm surprised that they decided to go with a fourth Narnia movie instead of a third Tron, which in my opinion lends itself more to an attraction (cough Tomorrowland cough PeopleMover Track cough). I really liked the books but the movies were awful in my opinion. It doesn't have to do with the storyline but something big was definitely lacking (though that is the problem with many of the recent Disney Live Action flicks).
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast