Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

•   

Re: Rob's 5th Annual "How NOT to win the Gumball Rally" TR

Thanks for the great trip report and guaranteeing that "Skip the Drama, Stay with Mama" acheived our goal of not finishing last! We took very few photos in our quest of finishing in the top 100, so it was great to see that you captured a photo or two of our team. See you all next year!
    Skip the drama, stay with Mama!!!

Thank you for your overview and the pictures. It was my 1st Rally but not my last!

• Selfie Expert

I'm dying to get to a rally. So fun!!! Loved your TR and your attitude is so great. Looking forward to next year's report already!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Rob, thank you for the trip report. I look forward to seeing your team's perspective on the Rally each year. I still cannot believe you and Regan have competed in five Gumball Rally's so far! Thank you for the energy and spirit you bring. Congratulations on the expansion of your team this year.

The Traditions Award was a new addition that evolved over the course of Rally planning this year. I am glad it went to two deserving Father-Daughter pairs, including you and Regan. Wait until you see what happens with next year's Traditions Award!
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Rob, thank you for the trip report. I look forward to seeing your team's perspective on the Rally each year. I still cannot believe you and Regan have competed in five Gumball Rally's so far! Thank you for the energy and spirit you bring. Congratulations on the expansion of your team this year.

The Traditions Award was a new addition that evolved over the course of Rally planning this year. I am glad it went to two deserving Father-Daughter pairs, including you and Regan. Wait until you see what happens with next year's Traditions Award!

PS: You totally made me cry happy tears! I love what I do for the Rally. It's like Christmas to me. Instead of presents, everyone gets hugs and smiles.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Mice Chat Columnist

After riding the railroad, we decided to get some Big Thunder Mountain fastpasses before lunch. We were not the only ones with lunch on our minds:

HA! Listen, us spotters have a hard life during Rally days, all that sitting around at Rally central, answering questions...

Thanks for the report! I was signed up and ready to go this year for my first gumball rally and then I had to work overnight on the 3rd and couldn't make it Next year I will be there!

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

AHH! I know exactly who you are! I have been reading your trip reports every year (btw, love them!) and I could never figure out who was the person behind the camera! But looking through this year's photos and seeing me and my brother in line for Peter Pan, I definitely remember those photos being taken! Thank you so much for taking such great photos and writing such amazing trip reports every year! I am definitely part of one of those teams who is trying to win the Gumball Rally every year and ALWAYS forgetting to take photos! I (and many others) appreciate the photos you take every year! If I do the Gumball Rally again, I would love to meet you!

Quote Originally Posted by RPDigger View Post
    The Big-Man refused to smile for my photo......(we shall see about that!):

YEAH, that's what I thought.......but a big guy on Pan and he can't help but crack a little smile....

LOL my brother told me he was not going to smile in any photos during the Gumball Rally. Glad to see he failed on the first ride we did that day! After I saw that Pan photo, I gleefully ran to my brother's room and told him that he failed his mission to not smile in any pictures. Now he's having a fit and yelling stuff like "NO FAIR!" and "THAT DOESN'T COUNT!" and "I WAS AMBUSHED!" Ah, there's nothing more satisfying than ruining my brother's night BTW, sorry about my hand in that first photo! When I first saw the photo, I thought I was doing an inappropriate gesture! That was definitely not what I was going for. I guess I was trying to do one of my poses but failed miserably. You should ask me about that next year; it's a funny joke
    Last edited by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe; 05-17-2014 at 10:21 PM.

• Proud owner: 50th Tiki

......then you should definitely not show him this one......

Thank you for the trip report. With 4 rallys in the books (and fortunately in the top 5 for each) we haven't been able to take many pictures of the event. Found one of us in the background of one of your photos. Congrats on the Traditions Award! See you next year from Quack Attack!

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

......then you should definitely not show him this one......
    Bwahaha too late!

BTW, I forgot to say in my last post but congratulations on the "Traditions" award! Hope to see you and your team again next year!

Awesome trip repot! (And I spy our bright yellow shirts in several of your photos... we were always glad to see you during the rally!) I have to say, we stole borrowed your idea of a long lunch break this year, and it was a FABULOUS refresher in the middle of a long day!
    proud member of Rally team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Team Spirit award

Look! 4 different Matterhorn Maffia teams! Wheee! (I so wish we'd gotten a picture with ALL of the Matterhron teams in it at once. Oh well.)
    proud member of Rally team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Team Spirit award

Really enjoyed your trip report and photos. Hoping to attend our first rally next year with my DD 12.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123