• Armchair Imagineer

Any Recent Ride Accidents at the Disneyland Resort?

I check the website www.rideaccidents.com once a week for any updates, but it appears to have been inactive for quite some time. Anybody know if the site is still being maintained?

Oh -- and have there been any boo-boos at the Disneyland Resort lately?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Any Recent Ride Accidents at the Disneyland Resort?

My friend told me a kid got killed by a Main Street vehicle on Friday. He said a friend of his posted it on Facebook. I've looked all over and can't find anything about it anywhere so maybe it's not true?

I'm a worry-wart, and I am constantly stressed about things, but as much as I ADORE Disneyland and look forward to visiting this year in August, I always imagine something could possibly go wrong. It's silly, I know, and nothing as ever happened to me during my many trips to the park (I used to live in Huntington Beach/was born and raised in SoCal, but now I don't live in the state anymore, still try to get down there once a year). I stupidly check Wikipedia for ride accidents and imagine something like that happening to me. However, when I take a step back and look at things, it doesn't seem to happen often.

The ways I get my information are really just Google/Wikipedia/any news source that's reported an injury/accident serious enough to be on the news or on the record of accidents and deaths at Disneyland. You'll probably have the best luck doing a Google search and pulling something up on the first page. "Disneyland Ride Accidents" will most likely bring up any recent and past occurrences.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    My friend told me a kid got killed by a Main Street vehicle on Friday. He said a friend of his posted it on Facebook. I've looked all over and can't find anything about it anywhere so maybe it's not true?
    You think!! This would have been all over the news. Your friend was playing a very mean joke on you - Unfriend Them!!

There was one terrible accident on Finding Nemo recently. The real reason they closed the subs was because a young guest was bored to death.

Juuust kiddding!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by sean317 View Post
    You think!! This would have been all over the news. Your friend was playing a very mean joke on you - Unfriend Them!!

Or, perhaps, you're the one who is a victim of a joke

Or, wait, maybe's it's me...

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by pure supercool View Post
    I'm a worry-wart, and I am constantly stressed about things, but as much as I ADORE Disneyland and look forward to visiting this year in August, I always imagine something could possibly go wrong. It's silly, I know, and nothing as ever happened to me during my many trips to the park (I used to live in Huntington Beach/was born and raised in SoCal, but now I don't live in the state anymore, still try to get down there once a year). I stupidly check Wikipedia for ride accidents and imagine something like that happening to me. However, when I take a step back and look at things, it doesn't seem to happen often.

The ways I get my information are really just Google/Wikipedia/any news source that's reported an injury/accident serious enough to be on the news or on the record of accidents and deaths at Disneyland. You'll probably have the best luck doing a Google search and pulling something up on the first page. "Disneyland Ride Accidents" will most likely bring up any recent and past occurrences.

Everyday, people strap their little ones into a trackless vehicle and proceed to pilot them into a world of other trackless vehicles, each and every one controlled by imperfect human beings and think nothing of it.

Want to worry....worry about the everyday. Disneyland is a place where you need not worry (it's a simple matter of mathematics)
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Minion

But the Finding Nemo incident was later ruled as "accidental boredom" and further that the child was 75% liable for his own boredom, the parent the other 25%. So Disney got off the hook for that one, but there are new signs in place warning guests not to cross the line into boredom.