Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1 Hour Shopping Pass

I've heard all these rumors about a shopping pass that can get you in the park for an hour.. anybody have any details about it? How do you get it? is it available all day? and how do they know you're in the park for only an hour and also is it fREE? Thanks
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Re: 1 Hour Shopping Pass

I have never heard of this magical pass...

• ...TWO BITS!

I've heard of it. I don't know any details. Call DLR. I think they write your credit card down. You get in the park free to shop. If it's more than an hour and you don't go back to let them know you're done, they'll charge your card for the whole day admission. I think.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

Ah that sounds really nice, I need more details. My mom would love it.

Quote Originally Posted by dchun2007
    I've heard all these rumors about a shopping pass that can get you in the park for an hour.. anybody have any details about it? How do you get it? is it available all day? and how do they know you're in the park for only an hour and also is it fREE? Thanks
    Ok, what is is, is you pay the enterance fee for a deposite and if you stay for the day, say 50 bucks, and you get to shop for an hour, if your under or at an hour when you are done shopping and go back to guest services, and you get your deposit back. Its is avalible up to 2 hours before the park closes and they know because you leave something valuable with themSo shop till you drop for an hour and get outta there! And doncha know, not even a bottle of water is free in Disney!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dchun2007
    You go to Guest Services, ask for a pass to shop, and they imprint your credit card. They issue a shoppers pass. It is not valid for fast passes <g>. You have 60 mins to complete your shopping. You return to Guest Services with the pass within 60 mins and they give you back your credit card imprint. You return 90 mins later, and the charge the credit card for a day pass. When I have done it, they have asked me how much I spent but they have never asked for a receipt. It is free unless you stay longer than 60mins. And they know when you haven't returned within the hour to turn in your pass.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ You're talking about Guest Services east of DCA's entrance, right? When they ask how much you spent, do they record it?

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    ^ You're talking about Guest Services east of DCA's entrance, right? When they ask how much you spent, do they record it?
    I've always used the one to the left of Disneyland's entrance, near the lockers. And she wrote it down when I told her how much I spent.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Banned User

I heard that they stopped doing this? Has anyone used the shopping pass recently?

• Rat Tat Tat.

I heard it was stopped during the holidays and through new year (because it was too busy) and they were going to reinstate it later, but I haven't heard recently.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I thought back in the day WDW did it for 2 hours but I am glad to see they still (fromt eh sounds of it) offer it.

Guest Relations is to the left (east) of the DCA entrance. Guest Services is to the left (west) of the Disneyland entrance.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KDR
    Guest Relations is to the left (east) of the DCA entrance. Guest Services is to the left (west) of the Disneyland entrance.
    What's the difference between them?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    What's the difference between them?
    My question as well.

-Jurassic Park

• Minion

My question as well.
    If you are getting info about Club 33 (tickets, etc) or inquiring about special occasions (birthday or engagement arrangements) you go to Guest Relations. If you want tickets, APs, picking up Fantasmic! priority seating, you go to Guest Services.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast