Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• formerly very helpful

Re: First trip post-baby! April 28th & 29th

Part two is just as good as the first.

Waiting an hour for Splash Mountain isn't so bad. When you look at it, Splash Mountain is about 15 minutes, so you only waited 4 times the length of the ride. If you waited only 4 times the wait for Space Mountain, it would be something like only a 15 minute wait. So an hour for Splash isn't so bad.

• formerly very helpful

And what do you mean I'm such a dad?! My wife says I act too much like a little kid!

• The doctor is in

Awesome trip report and you look great!
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Joe Flowers

Hooray! You found time to write up your TR!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Glad you finally got to meet Thor! I know you've been talking about it ever since they announced it last year.

We stopped for some ice cream - I tried the Mickey ice cream sandwich. I wonder why things shaped like Mickey taste so much better than the normal versions?
    They do don't they! Reminds me of your last photo. Which did you like better? The Mickey bar or the ice cream sandwich?

I came across these little guys and had to pick one up for Sophia - I never see Pegasus!! And being a horse fanatic, he's one of my favorite characters.
    Great gift for Sophie and I'm glad to see my favorite movie getting some love at the DLR. Hercules!

I've never been all the way in oasis either. Liked the pic.

What baby jiggles are you talking about?! This country is way too mean to mama's!

Glad you had a great trip. Was Sophie with dad? Did she miss you? Our 3.5 mo (adjusted) is already getting clingy. Teeth too-so I guess early with everything.

• Perfect Insanity

Fun times...I haven't done a girls trip like that in years. We are hoping to get one in some time this year. The pics look great!
    My little girl has her own Pegasus. Its her favorite and I think she secretly has a crush on Herc. LOL
    And hey no one should ever really grow up completely.
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    Video Game Player-Noah (6/5/98)
    &
    Baseball Player & All Stars Basketball Player-Kaleb (3/8/02)
    &
    Ballerina Princess Skylar (9/21/06)
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

• Disneyland Dreamer

Great TR!!

My wife would kill for a night away from the kids just once. Its been 7.5 years since she's had a night without them. You've got us wanting to somehow ditch the kids with whomever would take them so we could have fun like that.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    I have taken some bring trips by myself, starting several years ago (before smartphones!) and I was a pro at selfies long before they were even a thing! Ignore the naysayers...it's a fun new way to see disneyland characters!
    Cheers to that!

Quote Originally Posted by mouseknotts View Post
    great trip report and great photos.
    Take photos for your self, some times I look through the folders of our past trips.
    I have found that it is the photos that bring back the memories so keep it up.
    Thank you! When my husband (then boyfriend) and I were teenagers I always had a camera on me... usually a disposable. I took pictures constantly. He finally pointed out that many photos were things anyone could have taken - just look on the internet or a post card (and they'll be better than mine... he didn't say that part though ). So he suggested having at least one of us in photos to make them more memorable and personal. I think he regrets saying that now! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Part two is just as good as the first.

Waiting an hour for Splash Mountain isn't so bad. When you look at it, Splash Mountain is about 15 minutes, so you only waited 4 times the length of the ride. If you waited only 4 times the wait for Space Mountain, it would be something like only a 15 minute wait. So an hour for Splash isn't so bad.
    An hour really isn't bad. I've just been spoiled with always catching low crowds!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    And what do you mean I'm such a dad?! My wife says I act too much like a little kid!
    I know exactly how she feels...

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Awesome trip report and you look great!
    Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by mre200200 View Post
    Hooray! You found time to write up your TR!

Glad you finally got to meet Thor! I know you've been talking about it ever since they announced it last year.

They do don't they! Reminds me of your last photo. Which did you like better? The Mickey bar or the ice cream sandwich?

Great gift for Sophie and I'm glad to see my favorite movie getting some love at the DLR. Hercules!
    Yes! So excited to finally be working on it! Thor was fantastic - especially with the area they've got dedicated to his meet and greet. I absolutely loved it! Haha I thought you might be reminded of that old photo. I preferred the ice cream sandwich due to my coldness-feels-like-stabbing-in-my-tooth-nerve issues. The sandwich is much easier for me to eat for whatever reason. Maybe Ian needs a Pegasus...

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    I've never been all the way in oasis either. Liked the pic.

What baby jiggles are you talking about?! This country is way too mean to mama's!

Glad you had a great trip. Was Sophie with dad? Did she miss you? Our 3.5 mo (adjusted) is already getting clingy. Teeth too-so I guess early with everything.
    Oh there are jiggles, and I really appreciate the supportive comments! I'm a work in progress in more ways than one! Haha

Sophia and I are extremely lucky to have my husband/her daddy in our lives. She stayed home with him while I took my trip, and he'll be staying with her again in May while I do the 24 hours event (it's not exactly a baby friendly event... and my husband would be done after about 8 hours at the parks haha). We are hoping to take her in September for Dapper Day, but at latest she will be there in November as she is signed up to do the Diaper Dash at the Marvel Half Marathon! Luckily she isn't too clingy with us in that she's happy to be cuddled and held by anyone, though she definitely gets the biggest smiles when one of us walks in! Holy cow you've got an early teether!!! She hasn't gotten a tooth yet but she's chomping down on her blankets and toys like crazy. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to that stage! Haha Any plans on when you'll be introducing your bundle of joy to the parks?

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Fun times...I haven't done a girls trip like that in years. We are hoping to get one in some time this year. The pics look great!
    My little girl has her own Pegasus. Its her favorite and I think she secretly has a crush on Herc. LOL
    And hey no one should ever really grow up completely.
    Girls trips are good for the soul.

Can't blame her for liking Herc! She's got good taste! And I totally agree - growing up is for suckers!

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Great TR!!

My wife would kill for a night away from the kids just once. Its been 7.5 years since she's had a night without them. You've got us wanting to somehow ditch the kids with whomever would take them so we could have fun like that.
    I love nothing more than being home with the baby, but there's something so rejuvenating about having a little freedom once in a while! I couldn't leave her overnight with anyone but her dad right now, I'd have a panic attack! Haha I highly recommend a kid-free trip, though! I think it's good for everyone - happy parents make happy kiddos, right?!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

On to another favorite of mine - Star Tours!

And yes, I frequently wear my backpack on the front of me when in line. Partly because I hate bumping into other people with it (why are you so CLOSE to me?!) and partly because I have an overall suspicion of other humans and think they'll steal my stuff. It's not pessimism it's realism! At least that's what I tell myself.

I didn't get my preferred sequence (pod races, ugh), but it was still a blast, as always, and had a wait of only 15-20 minutes!

From there we headed to Coke Refreshment Corner (correct me if I'm wrong) to grab some Mac n Cheese Dogs. Some people in line were commenting on my food and I convinced them to order it. I felt bad, though, after tasting mine and finding that the mac n cheese was severely lacking in flavor. So disappointing! The other times I've had it, it was sooooo good. Maybe it was just a bad batch. Anyway, it still looked delicious!

My friend and I were mesmerized at the speed at which the piano players fingers moved. He was amazing! We stood and watched him for some time.

We strolled through some shops and ooh'ed and ahh'ed at the confections

Then made our way back to Tomorrowland and grabbed Space Mountain fastpasses. We got the last batch of the night! YES!

Hopped onto Astro Blasters

And I earned the highest score I've ever gotten thanks to the secret 50,000 point target! (Thanks for that one, MC)

The e-mailed photo didn't show our scores

I never noticed this sign before - love it!

Next, we take a spin in Fantasyland.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Awesome report! Your selfie skills are strong!

My wife and I are doing a kid-less trip in June for my birthday. I look forward to savoring the little things we miss out on when wrangling a four-year-old.
    "I know this is probably your first flight, and it's...mine too!"

• Grim Grinning

There's so much awesome in this TR, I can't handle it! Now I'm craving something delicious and coated in chocolate.

• I'm from Canada eh!

Nice to see you back in the Saddle as it were. Looks like you had a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing.

• Loving all things Disney!

On to another favorite of mine - Star Tours!

And yes, I frequently wear my backpack on the front of me when in line. Partly because I hate bumping into other people with it (why are you so CLOSE to me?!) and partly because I have an overall suspicion of other humans and think they'll steal my stuff. It's not pessimism it's realism! At least that's what I tell myself.
    Haha! You sound so much like me! I will think I'm so paranoid, but at least I know someone else thinks the same way! LOL
    "To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relieves fond memories of he past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."
    - Walt Disney

• Chief Troublemaker

Kelly, dahling, you look mahvelous! Just take your time. I still haven't lost all my baby weight, either. My problem is that my 'baby' is 25!!! LOL

Glad you had a great time. Can't wait to see your TR for Sophie's first visit!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaGirl View Post
    Haha! You sound so much like me! I will think I'm so paranoid, but at least I know someone else thinks the same way! LOL
    Remember, just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast