Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Loving all things Disney!

Re: First trip post-baby! April 28th & 29th

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Remember, just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!
    Quite true! I'm also the same way at airports. Like KellyMcG86 said, "I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist!" LOL
    "To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relieves fond memories of he past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."
    - Walt Disney

• Perfect Insanity

Quote Originally Posted by joshteevee View Post
    Awesome report! Your selfie skills are strong!

My wife and I are doing a kid-less trip in June for my birthday. I look forward to savoring the little things we miss out on when wrangling a four-year-old.
    Enjoy it!! The trips are fun with the kids but so are the ones with your spouse or friends and no kids. We did a very late (as in months later) 10th anniversary weekend away there and it was fun. We have done many date nights as well. I get told by our 7 yr old daughter that if we go without her she has to give the ok first or it has to be her idea.
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    Video Game Player-Noah (6/5/98)
    &
    Baseball Player & All Stars Basketball Player-Kaleb (3/8/02)
    &
    Ballerina Princess Skylar (9/21/06)
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

• Perfect Insanity

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Girls trips are good for the soul.

Can't blame her for liking Herc! She's got good taste! And I totally agree - growing up is for suckers!

I love nothing more than being home with the baby, but there's something so rejuvenating about having a little freedom once in a while! I couldn't leave her overnight with anyone but her dad right now, I'd have a panic attack! Haha I highly recommend a kid-free trip, though! I think it's good for everyone - happy parents make happy kiddos, right?!
    They are but so is kid free time!! LOL When you can take the kid free times you have to. Especially as they get older. I did a girls weekend away from 2 of my kids when they were about a yr or 2 and they stayed with just daddy. As time has gone on they stayed with MIL. When we have done kid free weekends, my husband is always worried about them even though they are with his mom and I'm fine. Of course it could be I've always been with them while he was/is working and I just want that kid free time more. I love my kids a ton but us parents need that time for us.
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    Video Game Player-Noah (6/5/98)
    &
    Baseball Player & All Stars Basketball Player-Kaleb (3/8/02)
    &
    Ballerina Princess Skylar (9/21/06)
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

• formerly very helpful

That kid free time is also important for he children. They need to learn how to separate from Mom and Dad on occasion. This will help them later on when they start school. They will learn that Mom and Dad will always come back after a brief separation, and as long as they are with another trusted adult, they are still safe and taken care of. It helps to build trust in the children and promoted age-appropriate independence.

• waitin' to board

...great TR.....thanks for posting

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by joshteevee View Post
    Awesome report! Your selfie skills are strong!

My wife and I are doing a kid-less trip in June for my birthday. I look forward to savoring the little things we miss out on when wrangling a four-year-old.
    Thank you! You'll definitely experience the park in a different way (at least I assume so, seeing as how I haven't done the parks with the kiddo, yet!). Hope you have a blast on your trip!!

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    There's so much awesome in this TR, I can't handle it! Now I'm craving something delicious and coated in chocolate.
    Just wait until our powers collide on Dapper Day (hopefully!!!!) MiceChat might shut down from awesome overload.

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Nice to see you back in the Saddle as it were. Looks like you had a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing.
    It was so much fun! Thanks for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaGirl View Post
    Haha! You sound so much like me! I will think I'm so paranoid, but at least I know someone else thinks the same way! LOL
    Hahaha you are definitely not alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Kelly, dahling, you look mahvelous! Just take your time. I still haven't lost all my baby weight, either. My problem is that my 'baby' is 25!!! LOL

Glad you had a great time. Can't wait to see your TR for Sophie's first visit!
    Why thank you, Stormy! Hehe there are just some things that babies do to us that will never go away... but given the amount of fast food and complete lack of exercise that is my life, I can't blame the kid for all of it haha I can't wait to write up Sophie's first trip - taking her there is going to be SO amazing even if she's too young to realize what's going on haha

Remember, just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!
    I laughed out loud at this. Really hard.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaGirl View Post
    Quite true! I'm also the same way at airports. Like KellyMcG86 said, "I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist!" LOL
    Airports... totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Enjoy it!! The trips are fun with the kids but so are the ones with your spouse or friends and no kids. We did a very late (as in months later) 10th anniversary weekend away there and it was fun. We have done many date nights as well. I get told by our 7 yr old daughter that if we go without her she has to give the ok first or it has to be her idea.
    We haven't done many date nights since Sophia was born, but we have done a couple. We are getting more comfortable leaving her with my parents and plan to try and take some more time to date and connect just the two of us when we can. From what I gather, it seems like a trip with kids vs. without kids are just two different kinds of wonderful experiences. Too funny about your daughter! At least she approves of it at least once in a while lol

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    They are but so is kid free time!! LOL When you can take the kid free times you have to. Especially as they get older. I did a girls weekend away from 2 of my kids when they were about a yr or 2 and they stayed with just daddy. As time has gone on they stayed with MIL. When we have done kid free weekends, my husband is always worried about them even though they are with his mom and I'm fine. Of course it could be I've always been with them while he was/is working and I just want that kid free time more. I love my kids a ton but us parents need that time for us.
    When she's one or two I'll feel a lot better about leaving her with her grandparents. They're so set on "we didn't have to worry about all that with you" every time I say something like "the doctor said no cow's milk until she's one"... I understand they raised me, and I agree that today's parents are a little overboard, but if the doctor tells me something I'm going to listen! The "well you survived" mentality they have doesn't sit well with me, yet. When she's at least one, they can't do as much harm! Haha

That kid free time is also important for he children. They need to learn how to separate from Mom and Dad on occasion. This will help them later on when they start school. They will learn that Mom and Dad will always come back after a brief separation, and as long as they are with another trusted adult, they are still safe and taken care of. It helps to build trust in the children and promoted age-appropriate independence.
    I agree with everything you said, and I'm really happy to have pro parents like you to give some input on things like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Treasure View Post
    ...great TR.....thanks for posting
    Thanks for reading!

• Selfie Expert

Alright, Sophia is down for a nap so let's see what I can get through.

We were in Fantasyland! I haven't been on the teacups in years, mostly because my husband would likely cause a code V if we did. So, being with my brave friend, I took advantage of the opportunity and went for a spin.

We made the mistake of spinning as fast as we could... and had headaches for a good hour after getting off. Her face demonstrates how we felt perfectly:

It was still fun, though!

We went from there to Mr. Toad.

There was almost no wait, but I did stop outside to look at the entrance, as I always find another detail I didn't notice. For whatever reason, the trim caught my eye.

I wish Disneyland offered building materials.

Anyway - had to take a selfie with Mr. Toad.

The ride stopped in a pitch black part. Yes, I used a flash, but I promise there was absolutely NO ONE ELSE in that room so it did not impact anyone else. Being stopped in the dark kind of freaked me out...

But we made it through Hell and were ready for the next adventure.

While walking along Big Thunder Trail, I spotted a kitty! Of course I squealed when I saw it, because cats.

I was using a point and shoot, so it's really grainy.

And then he did this lovely pose for me. Thanks, kitty!

We took another ride on Thunder Mountain, trying to time it with sunset but got on a little faster than we expected. I wanted to ride it in the dark, but that will be something to shoot for next time!

We had some time to kill before out Space Mountain fastpasses were valid, so we went to see Captain EO

Best selfie ever --- The lighting was so flattering

And we were ready to end our night the way our day began - a ride through Space!

Can you tell we were excited for Fastpass? I rarely ever use them, in fact this was the only one of the day.

The park was officially closed when we were done, but there were absolutely no CMs around to usher us out. Since we were by Innoventions, I showed my friend the "echo spot". It was my first time trying it out --- it works!!

We went to Fantasyland to see it at night. The teacups sure are beautiful after dark.

Because I'm a nerd, this totally fascinated me.

The park is so tranquil at night, especially with almost no one else around.

My nerdness took over while we strolled down Main Street, and I pointed out the infamous red/white light.

I couldn't time it when it was lit up.

Strolled through the shops one last time...

Lots of Frozen merchandise in, by the way. I do not collect dolls, but these were tempting.

Said good night with Walt

Tried to get a photo with his lantern

And closed our night out in the best way I could think of

Next up - DCA!

• Selfie Expert

Holy cow I forgot to post our Splash Mountain photo. Aren't I just the prettiest little thing?

Hahaha I will always sacrifice a flattering pose for a hilarious one on a ride.

And just as a bonus since I haven't been able to post photos of Sophie in here - from this weekend:

And keeping with the theme of selfies:

• Selfie Expert

Found another gem on my phone - while we were waiting at the HM

• Chief Troublemaker

Just adorable! All 3 of you, of course, with special adorable-ness to Sophie.

Off topic, but I had to laugh at your pp regarding your parents. When DS1 (now 30) was born car seat usage was in its 'infancy'. I was totally on board of course, but my mom referred to it (to infant son, whenever she 'had' to put him in it) as 'jail'. As in "Ok, your mommy says I have to put you 'in your jail' now. When she was little I held her in my arms during car rides!" as if I was 'mean'. Of course, I think they feel anything we do different is criticizing what they did with us, rather than just passing time providing new knowledge.

I remember the first time I went to DL without DS1, who was about 17 mos. When we got home (this was way before cellphones) I found out that he'd been sick & vomited, probably just something he ate that day. I felt like the world's worst mommy because I wasn't there. OMG, I just knew he'd 'remember' that Mommy wasn't there & hold it against me! Never went to DL without him again!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post

I agree with everything you said, and I'm really happy to have pro parents like you to give some input on things like this!

I read that on a fortune cookie.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Just adorable! All 3 of you, of course, with special adorable-ness to Sophie.

Off topic, but I had to laugh at your pp regarding your parents. When DS1 (now 30) was born car seat usage was in its 'infancy'. I was totally on board of course, but my mom referred to it (to infant son, whenever she 'had' to put him in it) as 'jail'. As in "Ok, your mommy says I have to put you 'in your jail' now. When she was little I held her in my arms during car rides!" as if I was 'mean'. Of course, I think they feel anything we do different is criticizing what they did with us, rather than just passing time providing new knowledge.

I remember the first time I went to DL without DS1, who was about 17 mos. When we got home (this was way before cellphones) I found out that he'd been sick & vomited, probably just something he ate that day. I felt like the world's worst mommy because I wasn't there. OMG, I just knew he'd 'remember' that Mommy wasn't there & hold it against me! Never went to DL without him again!
    Exactly! If it's different than how they raised me, it's "overkill". Argh!!! I know they're just doing what they think is right, but sheesh!

I hate getting that "bad mommy" feeling! I feel guilty every time I leave her, and had a hard time leaving her for this trip, but I think it's good for both of us!

I read that on a fortune cookie.
    Pretty sure all fortune cookie fortunes are based on ancient wisdom and facts, so you're good.

• formerly very helpful

And for the record, Sophia is a beautiful little girl. You and Dad must be very proud.

• Selfie Expert

And for the record, Sophia is a beautiful little girl. You and Dad must be very proud.
    Thank you! We are incredibly proud!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast