Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Grim Grinning

Re: First trip post-baby! April 28th & 29th

So cute!! We should probably give the MC powers that be a heads up about the next Dapper Day. I'm sure they'd like notice of the impending site crash haha.

• Loving all things Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Holy cow I forgot to post our Splash Mountain photo. Aren't I just the prettiest little thing?

Hahaha I will always sacrifice a flattering pose for a hilarious one on a ride.

And just as a bonus since I haven't been able to post photos of Sophie in here - from this weekend:

And keeping with the theme of selfies:

HAHAHAHA! I think the guy in the back was more frightened of your expression than the actual drop! He was probably thinking, "This ride must turn people crazy!!" It even looks like he was holding onto the boy in front of him like, "Don't be frightened son!" LOL

The photos of Mother's Day are precious! Sohpie is quite the cutie-pie!
    "To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relieves fond memories of he past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."
    - Walt Disney

I enjoyed reading your TR- I am a new mommy myself- such a great joy, but it is good to take some time out for yourself every once in awhile! It looks like you had a great time on your trip!

• Perfect Insanity

We haven't done many date nights since Sophia was born, but we have done a couple. We are getting more comfortable leaving her with my parents and plan to try and take some more time to date and connect just the two of us when we can. From what I gather, it seems like a trip with kids vs. without kids are just two different kinds of wonderful experiences. Too funny about your daughter! At least she approves of it at least once in a while lol

When she's one or two I'll feel a lot better about leaving her with her grandparents. They're so set on "we didn't have to worry about all that with you" every time I say something like "the doctor said no cow's milk until she's one"... I understand they raised me, and I agree that today's parents are a little overboard, but if the doctor tells me something I'm going to listen! The "well you survived" mentality they have doesn't sit well with me, yet. When she's at least one, they can't do as much harm! Haha

So true. I never have had to worry about it with my MIL doing something but I had to with my mom and my oldest son when he was a baby. There was lots of "no this is not how I am doing this" said. LOL Each of child is different with everything. I know its great to leave them here and there as sbk1234 said. Yet even though I have always done it my daughter was very different from her brothers in that manner. We would leave her here and there with my MIL and she would cry. MIL always was able to deal with it and settled her so having someone like that helps. Yet she is 7 yrs old now and she can still get that way at times. She was like that when she started school a few years ago. Then when she went back after each summer she would get upset about leaving me. Never to the point of a scene or anything just sad and missed me she would tell me. I'm so glad she has had good teachers that knew how to handle it and pull her out of in a nice way. The funny thing is she has no problem staying with Grandma for a weekend here and there. Anyway, the date nights are good even if its just a quick dinner or trip to get some shopping done. We have done all those things when the kids were babies until they were old enough to really leave for longer periods of time.
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    Video Game Player-Noah (6/5/98)
    &
    Baseball Player & All Stars Basketball Player-Kaleb (3/8/02)
    &
    Ballerina Princess Skylar (9/21/06)
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

• Perfect Insanity

Your little princess is super cute! Enjoy her tons!!!
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    &
    &

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

These days, when I hear anyone mention "selfie" I cringe and instinctively go running away screaming, HOWEVER in your case, your photos turned out VERY Good!!!!! What a terrific trip report! And bonus points for including Shrunken Ned's "office" and Pegasus Merchandise! Oh, your baby is absolutely adorable!!!!

• Greetings, Program!

Cool pics Kelly. You look great! The little one's adorable. Glad you could make it down after such a long wait.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    So cute!! We should probably give the MC powers that be a heads up about the next Dapper Day. I'm sure they'd like notice of the impending site crash haha.
    Let it be known - Kelly and Amanda (and Sophia and whoever else) will be exceeding the usual awesome level of MC with a Dapper Day TR. Prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaGirl View Post
    HAHAHAHA! I think the guy in the back was more frightened of your expression than the actual drop! He was probably thinking, "This ride must turn people crazy!!" It even looks like he was holding onto the boy in front of him like, "Don't be frightened son!" LOL

The photos of Mother's Day are precious! Sohpie is quite the cutie-pie!
    Hahaha it does look like he's thinking that!

Thank you! I think she's pretty dang cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Claflinlady View Post
    I enjoyed reading your TR- I am a new mommy myself- such a great joy, but it is good to take some time out for yourself every once in awhile! It looks like you had a great time on your trip!
    Thank you! Congratulations on your new addition!!

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    So true. I never have had to worry about it with my MIL doing something but I had to with my mom and my oldest son when he was a baby. There was lots of "no this is not how I am doing this" said. LOL Each of child is different with everything. I know its great to leave them here and there as sbk1234 said. Yet even though I have always done it my daughter was very different from her brothers in that manner. We would leave her here and there with my MIL and she would cry. MIL always was able to deal with it and settled her so having someone like that helps. Yet she is 7 yrs old now and she can still get that way at times. She was like that when she started school a few years ago. Then when she went back after each summer she would get upset about leaving me. Never to the point of a scene or anything just sad and missed me she would tell me. I'm so glad she has had good teachers that knew how to handle it and pull her out of in a nice way. The funny thing is she has no problem staying with Grandma for a weekend here and there. Anyway, the date nights are good even if its just a quick dinner or trip to get some shopping done. We have done all those things when the kids were babies until they were old enough to really leave for longer periods of time.
    Awww that's kind of sweet that she was missing you like that!! I hope my kiddo wants to hang out with me still when she's older. If I keep taking ride photos like I do, though, my chances aren't great.

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Your little princess is super cute! Enjoy her tons!!!
    Thank you! I enjoy every second of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    These days, when I hear anyone mention "selfie" I cringe and instinctively go running away screaming, HOWEVER in your case, your photos turned out VERY Good!!!!! What a terrific trip report! And bonus points for including Shrunken Ned's "office" and Pegasus Merchandise! Oh, your baby is absolutely adorable!!!!
    Thank you!! Selfies have gotten a bad rep over the past couple years thanks to duck faces (ugh), which I'm sure is why I got some negative comments about it in the parks I'm sure. I'm glad you enjoyed them! I'll take bonus points any way I can haha. And thank you for the comment on my baby, I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    Cool pics Kelly. You look great! The little one's adorable. Glad you could make it down after such a long wait.
    Thanks so much!! I'm glad I could make it out, too.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Perfect Insanity

Awww that's kind of sweet that she was missing you like that!! I hope my kiddo wants to hang out with me still when she's older. If I keep taking ride photos like I do, though, my chances aren't great.
    LOL I have 2 kids that like to hang out with me in DL more than dad. I'm the more fun one. So its always nice since my 12 yr old is usually to busy with sports or his friends. We have a blast together there. I'm waiting for sports to slow down now so we can have a nice day for just us. I owe him one. To funny about taking the pics. There is going to be a day that she is going to tell you no more when its just you 2 or tell you to get out of her shot. Really though I bet she will love hanging with you when she is older.
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    &
    &

• Selfie Expert

I hope so!

• Grim Grinning

Yup, that's sufficient warning. So excited!

Awww that's kind of sweet that she was missing you like that!! I hope my kiddo wants to hang out with me still when she's older. If I keep taking ride photos like I do, though, my chances aren't great.e

made me laugh! I think you'll be the cool mom due to traveling to Disneyland. It'll make up for any pix she doesn't like.

• Selfie Expert

I just hope she finds a love for the parks like I have. I'll excuse her teenage years...

• Selfie Expert

Going to try and finish this thing up over the weekend since I have another trip coming up!

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Great trip report, KellyMcG86! I found your selfie style trip report quite funny! That's a first for MiceChat! I saw somewhere in the thread that you were signed up for the Avengers Half Marathon? I'm also signed up for that marathon! ... and I am totally regretting it D: (Ugh, running). lol, maybe we'll bump into each other in November! Anyways, can't wait to see your next installment!

BTW, you look amazing and Sophie is SUPER ADORABLE! Aww! You're definitely going to do a trip report with Sophie, right??

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast