Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Certified DL Addict

Re: Frozen float to be added

Festival of Fantasy at WDW looks amazing... I'd love for them to bring that to Disneyland, which would include Anna and Elsa.
    2014 Gumball Rally Team- Skyway Sweethearts
    *~Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder~*

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Wish they'd just get a new parade now. The Parade of Dreams didn't last as long as Soundsational is.
    Nope.

PoD ran 3 and a half years or so, Soundsational is just coming up on 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by sdn86 View Post
    my crystal ball says it will be a drum float
    Highly unlikely, since this will be a pre-parade float. The "drums" are redressed floats from "Celebrate!", and there aren't any left. Most likely will be a redress of the old pre-parade float.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Just seems logical for Disney to bank into this franchise. The money they are making off merchandise alone makes it a need.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Great news!!! I hope we can get away from some of those over used 90's characters like Pocohantus, Aladdin and the Lion King. Replace them with Frozen, Tangled, Wreck it Ralph and also pull from underutilized pre-80's classics.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Wish they'd just get a new parade now. The Parade of Dreams didn't last as long as Soundsational is.
    Even if Parade of Dreams has run longer, POD was IMHO the best parade Disneyland has done. They need another parade of that calibre, which Soundsational is not. Again, my opinion.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Even if Parade of Dreams has run longer, POD was IMHO the best parade Disneyland has done. They need another parade of that calibre, which Soundsational is not. Again, my opinion.
    I agree to me POD was and still is the best parade of them all. That was the parade that I had alot of fun with this Princess Aurora.

She would always interact with me every time she saw me. This photo is my favorite out of all the ones I have of this Aurora.

I do also like Mickey's Soundstationl parade but like you said it can't beat POD.

Ok, I'm confused. We were at DL from 4/27 - 5/1 and never took the time to see the whole parade (musically, it's seriously lacking), but we did see snippets of it each day while walking by, and I could *swear* I saw the Frozen sisters in that parade, accompanied by a rock-themed arrangement of "Let It Go." I don't think I saw them with a float-- so maybe between-- but they were there. I remember whipping out my camcorder to try to catch some of the music. I can't have just dreamed this. I'm not really a fan of Frozen.

I agree that PoD was the best DL parade since Main Street Electrical. All Disney shows/parades are all the same: a lineup of princesses to their theme songs. But like MSEP and Fantasmic, PoD was cohesive musically in that all the themed arrangements went over a common music bed that served well for transition. This was the first time I've seen the current parade, and I was pretty disappointed in it. I was similarly disappointed by World of Color. Parades and shows used to be way more musically cohesive. Why is it that I can still sing every word to the "Party Gras" parade but can't for the life of me remember anything musically from Soundsational 2 weeks ago?

• Queen Elsa

I was there on the 27 and there was no Frozen in the parade I was watching it. It's just a rumor that they may put them in the per parade before the parade will start. So there where not in the parade.

Cali <3, But You'll find me in Agrabah sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by matman730 View Post
    For a moment there, I thought you were talking about a Frozen themed ice cream treat!
    Mmm sounds yummy
    Princess Jasmine's trainee

Cali <3, But You'll find me in Agrabah sometimes

I think either they make a Frozen float or they just put Ana and Elsa on the princess one.
    Princess Jasmine's trainee

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    Highly unlikely, since this will be a pre-parade float. The "drums" are redressed floats from "Celebrate!", and there aren't any left. Most likely will be a redress of the old pre-parade float.
    They could also use something from the Christmas Fantasy parade as those just sit in the warehouse most of the year. Most Frozen like one would be, what, the ice rink pond thing Mickey and Minnie are on for the Christmas parade?

A Frozen float in the summer? That's odd.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    A Frozen float in the summer? That's odd.
    Not really if you remember Frozen took place in summer time when Elsa froze everything.

• Minion

Technically the movie takes place during summer so it's not that big of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    I was there on the 27 and there was no Frozen in the parade I was watching it. It's just a rumor that they may put them in the per parade before the parade will start. So there where not in the parade.
    I saw the parade (in parts) on 4/27, 29, 30 and I'm positive there was a Frozen "part" in one of them-- I think 4/29. I remember because I went to grab my camcorder to catch some of the music, but missed it. I don't think I remember a float, though. I never saw that section of the parade again. A soft addition, maybe?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast