Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

is anybody like me?

does anybody ever feel like disneyland is their "safe heaven"?

for me whenever i'm stressed, i always want to go to disneyland. it makes all my problems go away and makes me think of happier things. sometimes i dont even want to go on rides. i just want to sit on mainstreet and take it all in. just feel the atmosphere around me.

i dont know what it is. hearing the mainstreet music, seeing the glittering crowns on the beautiful castle, or just smelling the sweet smell of churros. it makes me so happy.

am i crazy?

• Banned User

Re: is anybody like me?

Yep I'm exactly like that (esp with the problems right now in my house) but I get blasted on this board for hanging out there so shh don't tell my secret!

it's like you read my mind. i'm currently a junior in high school with 3 ap classes, 2 honors classes, band, and student government not mention the stress of SAT's. Disneyland ALWAYS helps me let go of all that stress. I have to go at least every other month to make sure i don't explodE! =D
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• Omnimover Groover

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Aniko~*~

i dont know what it is. hearing the mainstreet music, seeing the glittering crowns on the beautiful castle, or just smelling the sweet smell of churros. it makes me so happy.

am i crazy?
    Far from it! DL can definitely be viewed as relaxation therapy (for some of us).
    People aren't successful because they have never failed.....they are successful because failing hasn't stopped them.

• Small Projects Team

Disneyland has lost a lot of what it used to mean to me. When I was younger, I'd be extremely happy everytime I arrived early in the morning knowing that I'd get to do something I hadn't done on our last visit. I envisioned the lands of Disneyland as being endless, because I was so young, and when I left late at night I knew that I would get to experience something new for our next visit. Now, I'm older, Disneyland seems much smaller, and I've done it all.

• Banned User

Ooooo! OMG i thought i was the only one!! I went there last friday for Magic Music Days and i was soooo excited, yea, i got the weirdest stares!! And after a while i calmed down and OMg i just felt like it was literally my home!! Espcially when we were backstage(which was SUPER AWSOME!!!) it felt soo like home! And when we rode Space Mountain i was like "I can live inside here" it was soo peaceful! *sigh*

• Cast Member

I'm still kind of new to the Orange County area. I'm in the Navy and stationed out of Seal Beach. When I was young Disneyland was a once in maybe 6 years for me. I think before 2004 I had been there a grand total of 3 times in my life. I got an AP just for kicks because I didn't know how many times I might just want to go there. I liked it so much I decided I wanted to try and work there. So I auditioned and was hired in April of 2005. I love the place now. On my days that I don't have to work for the Navy, I work at Disneyland which is more like hanging out with friends than anything else. I think I've seen both Aniko and EagleWings around the park on several occasions while I have been working. Its a great place to just go and get away from the stress. I can't wait to get back there.... Too much built up stress on my current deployment to Cuba.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I'm station east coast but WDW is my therapy, and I think it has managed to stay that way since I go only so often...it still is special. It's home.
    I'm uberly stressed as of lately and I have to say Everest weekend was magical. I didn't run from ride to ride, I chilled, I relaxed. Margaritas and Illuminations follwed by a peaceful walk around the Wilderness Lodge was just perfect.
    You are far from crazy Aniko.

I agree. The next question is, can we write our passes off as therapy?
    Let the magic continue.

• Man of Logic and Reason

I never knew anyone else was like this. I go all the time just to go walk around, listen to the Dapper Dans, go on a couple (if any) rides, take some pictures, and if Disneyland is too crowded I can always go relax at the ever peaceful DCA. It's like a second home, and I've even gone there to go do homework on Main Street (but in fairness that was only once and I didn't really get that much work done).

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

*jumps up and down* i am so the same way. my stress relievers...1) disneyland...2) shopping (when everything is on sale and fits fabulously!) and 3) manicures/pedicures. but yeah, DL is my snowglobe. i pretty much already live in my own little snowglobe world, but DL is my PERFECT snowglobe. everything is perfect, and the entire place was built on dreams and happiness. *sigh*

• An actors life for me

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdack
    I never knew anyone else was like this. I go all the time just to go walk around, listen to the Dapper Dans, go on a couple (if any) rides, take some pictures, and if Disneyland is too crowded I can always go relax at the ever peaceful DCA. It's like a second home, and I've even gone there to go do homework on Main Street (but in fairness that was only once and I didn't really get that much work done).

Dapper Dans = The greatest performers at Disneyland. They're voices are so soothing. Its great.

OH. And i ablsolutly agree with everyone else, i go to Dland all the time. And now i work there and its just so relaxing to sit on mainstreet and watch the characters walk by and see kids having so much fun. I love it. Its great.

YES. I AM staring in the next Back to the Future. What? You dont believe me?

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Definetly agree here. It's just another world when you're in there. I'm going through a "break" with my b/f or ex-b/f. Don't even know what to call him anymore and going to Disneyland was definetly the something I needed to get him and his idiotic thinking out of my head. I was worried it wouldn't help because he happens to live like right near the parking structure but thankfully it did.

• Still lost in Neverland

Disneyland is my "Laughing Place". I go to get away from the stress of the Real World outside the Berm. It's such a great feeling when I finally get in and walk under the train tracks and into another time and place. It's so cool.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Minion

i knew i wasnt alone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast