Does anyone know what attractions will be closed at DLR in July?

Are any major attractions slated to be closed (besides Submarines) this July? (We are looking at after the 4th, prob not til that next weekend.)

Hubby and I live in WA, but we are from TX and SoCA... So we split our summer trips between seeing family one place or the other. This year a wedding and a family illness had us visiting both places already, so this summer we could really go with either place.

So, trying to decide whether to go ahead and to DL this year (which of course I want to do because, who wants to delay gratification, right??)... Or, would it be worth it to wait for the 60th next summer?

• Under that tree again!

Re: Does anyone know what attractions will be closed at DLR in July?

Subs
    Space will open for the 4th.

That is all that is planned right now, and usually only long term refurbishments go over summer like the Subs.

It may be nice to see the park a last time, in case there are major changes for the following summer.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Thanks Swampy. I guess I should have titled this thread should I go, or wait.

I'm kind of thinking like you are...might be nice to see the refurbs they've done so far, but no major changes. I'm wondering what they are really going to do for the 60th? The celebratory feel of an anniversary is nice and all, but, it might really just mean bigger crowds.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieOakley72 View Post
    Thanks Swampy. I guess I should have titled this thread should I go, or wait.

I'm kind of thinking like you are...might be nice to see the refurbs they've done so far, but no major changes. I'm wondering what they are really going to do for the 60th? The celebratory feel of an anniversary is nice and all, but, it might really just mean bigger crowds.
    We could see some 60th only things next year. But they may bring out some new stuff that lasts a while. Such as new fireworks, big changes to F! or parades.

It may be nice to see some of the rides one last time in case they end up getting big updates which you could see at a later time.

Don't worry if you can make it the next July. The 60th Anniversary will probably be Spring to September, if not the whole year. Not just summer neary the actual birthday of DL. They extend these marketable events for as much as they are worth.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Your cadaverous pallor

alice reopening july 3rd but could get behind
    I Fresh baked!

I wouldn't be surprised if any of the fantasyland dark rides were closed, but everything else should be open. The Matterhorn is gonna go down for refurb at some point, nothing announced at the time though... was previously listed as late summer

•   
    • Banned User

Would recommend to go because everytime you go something's closed anyways.

2013 - "Aw, Big Thunder is closed. Let's go on the subs!"
    2014 - "Aw, the subs are closed. Let's go on Big Thunder!"

If 1 or 2 attractions are closed on July 4th it won't matter because unless the park is a ghost town, you won't be getting on them all anyways. Simple logistics there.

One thing's for sure, July will probably look a lot better than May in regards to which attractions are closed. There were a lot of comments on this board about how much was closed in May. I like to look at things with perspective and comparing May to July, you'll be fine.

Comparing July 2014 to your potential trip next summer? Who knows what will be closed then? One attraction? Two? Five?