Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: fantasmic premium seating with dessert

Quote Originally Posted by Claflinlady View Post
    Hi there!

I am new here- this is my very first post!

But I just wanted to share my experience.

I agree the dessert package is very worthwhile- it is a little costly, but it is something very special- I did this seating during a visit in 2010 and again in 2012-

when I did it for the 1st time in 2010, we had dinner just before at blue bayou and I was so full I could not even touch my box- it ended up being my snack on the 8 hour drive home, but just seemed sad not to enjoy in the moment

when me and husband did this seating again in 2012 we did the first seating and the box was my dinner and kept me full until i snagged a hot dog on my way out of the park at around 11pm or so

the box has, or had, (i dont know if it has changed) some cheese and crackers, grapes, and lots of delicious treats- and the cast members provide you with unlimited sodas, water, hot chocolate.

here is a photo from my box in 2010

Attachment 36308

I hope your anniversary is truly special!

Oh and I recommed going to check-in at the podium as soon as you can, I believe an hour before the show is when they start checking people in- I would recommend getting there even before that and waiting in line if you want to sit in the first row of seats.
    That photo looks identical to what they gave us in March of 2014... so it looks like they haven't changed a thing since you were there.

It doesn't look like a lot to me. I always imagined a plate with slices of cake or cupcakes and fruit. Does the pic just not do it justice?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mickEblu View Post
    Thanks for the advice ! About how many seats are there ?
    About 67 last time I asked.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda949 View Post
    It doesn't look like a lot to me. I always imagined a plate with slices of cake or cupcakes and fruit. Does the pic just not do it justice?
    My thoughts exactly.

To me it looks like 5 different things of cheese, a bunch of grapes, two bon bons, and five (small) cookie-like objects. Isn't it one box per-person? I admit, cookies are less interesting to me than cake, but I do think it's still kind of a lot of stuff.

• Minion

Besides the cheese (5 cheeses, a couple packs of crackers) and grapes, there are a couple 2 truffles (I guess what was referred to as bon bons), a chocolate molten cake, a small cheese cake, a small lemon tart, a raspberry filled shortbread cookie, and a macaroon. I'm doing this part from memory. It is a lot of food, we usually take much of it back to the room.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Claflinlady View Post
    OK upper right corner is cheese, there are normally 2 packs of crackers also. Grapes are under the dragons neck. The hole they are in is large enough to put a soda can or your drink cup in. By the dragons hear are 2 truffles. The brown on the left side is a chocolate molten individual sized cake. The item with the Mickey head on it is an individual size cheese cake. Below it to the left is the macaroon. To the right is the lemon tart. The raspberry shortbread cookie is to the right. The cookie is about 3.5-4 inches across. The box is 12" x 12". Sometimes there is a chocolate covered strawberry in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda949 View Post
    If you tried to eat it all it will fill you up.... but honestly it isn't all worth eating. The molten chocolate and lemon tart are in my opinion nasty. The best part of the deserts are the cookie and cheesecake... The rest is really just average... for me the biggest complaint is the cheeses are just some cheap junk I could get at a walmart.

I think the reality is you are really paying for the seat. The tray is just to try and give you some way of justifying the high price to see the show.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12