Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

fantasmic premium seating with dessert

Hello , has anyone tried the Fantasmic premium seating package with the dessert ? I'm staying at the Disneyland Hotel this coming Sunday for my one year anniversary. My wife and I haven't seen the show since we were kids and when we did we didn't have a very good view. So is it worth the $60 a pop? I've read somewhere that it's easy to find good seats for the 10:30pm show after the fireworks? Is this true? I was about to book this package for two when I was told that there is an 8pm check in time for both Famtasmic showings which won't work because I have 8pm dinner reservations at Carthay (also a first ) and don't really want to be running back and forth. If it's worth it though I will try to change the dinner reservation to later time. Appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.

• Minion

Re: fantasmic premium seating with dessert

We did it a while back and really enjoyed it.
    When you go to the earlier show they generally let you stay in your seats (or even let you move into better vacated seats) for the fireworks, as well.
    The desert platter they give you is pretty big and we ended up having to take some home.
    You'd probably want to have your special dinner before the deserts, though.

• Dreaming of next trip

Scarlet Spanky is correct. The Desert platter is huge, doubt if you will be able to finish it.
    The also give you drinks. This is something we like to do for special occasions, the view is great and you don't have to wait to get a good spot.
    At the check in they tend to get the seating reservations for the first show done before they let the second show pick their spots.
    I hope you have a great time.

If you do the Dessert seating...you WILL want to move your dinner reservation. Not only for timing to check in...but more importantly you will want to go in hungry otherwise it will be a waste. The dessert box is pretty good size. I usually will do a big lunch and light dinner early on day of F! Dessert reservations.

...and yes, it is worth it!

• Minion

The dessert box is a lot of food. Add to that, your Carthay dinner usually takes 2-3 hours to fully enjoy. You don't want to rush these meals. So, even if you figured out a way to do the check in, you'd have a rough time making it back for the show early enough to enjoy.

I'd either change the date or just try for a good 1030 seat in the standing area.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

... or maybe you could do a late lunch at Carthay and the earlier Fantasmic?

• MargyDisneylandLover

It is worth the money. One other tip is share one box then and take the other back to the hotel for later. They are HUGE boxes!!!!!!!!
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

Thank you all for the very good suggestions! I think I will move the dinner reservations to Monday night so I can do everything the right way and take my time. I was hesitant at first because I didn't want to enjoy the nice big meal then get on the road to go home but it's better than rushing Sunday night. Monday is my actual anniversary day anyway

Quote Originally Posted by mickEblu View Post
    Thank you all for the very good suggestions! I think I will move the dinner reservations to Monday night so I can do everything the right way and take my time. I was hesitant at first because I didn't want to enjoy the nice big meal then get on the road to go home but it's better than rushing Sunday night. Monday is my actual anniversary day anyway
    You can use Bing to search "fantasmic desert package" and then click on images to see what you get in the trays, we did it in March and it was identical to the photos that are showing up on Bing.

One word of advice, you have to pick up your tickets for the event the day you are there from the guest relations in DL. They will tell you when the check in time is and where, don't assume you will get good seats unless you get to the check-in place about an hour and a half before the check-in time. Especially true if it is the first showing. You need to be in the very first few people to check in to secure the best seats. Once they do check you in they will write your numbers down on a seating chart, you will then have time to go do something else like ride a ride and your seat will be waiting for you when you get back. But you will still need to accept that for good seats you'll need to stand in line for them. Otherwise you could end up way down to the furthest group of seats and they aren't that good.

Thanks for the advice ! About how many seats are there ?

Wow, I didn't know so much went into the dessert reservations. I've thought of doing it in the past but always chickened out. I'm glad I read this for future reference.

Hi there!

I am new here- this is my very first post!

But I just wanted to share my experience.

I agree the dessert package is very worthwhile- it is a little costly, but it is something very special- I did this seating during a visit in 2010 and again in 2012-

when I did it for the 1st time in 2010, we had dinner just before at blue bayou and I was so full I could not even touch my box- it ended up being my snack on the 8 hour drive home, but just seemed sad not to enjoy in the moment

when me and husband did this seating again in 2012 we did the first seating and the box was my dinner and kept me full until i snagged a hot dog on my way out of the park at around 11pm or so

the box has, or had, (i dont know if it has changed) some cheese and crackers, grapes, and lots of delicious treats- and the cast members provide you with unlimited sodas, water, hot chocolate.

here is a photo from my box in 2010

Name:  IMG_0643 number 2.JPG
Views: 374
Size:  216.5 KB

I hope your anniversary is truly special!

Oh and I recommed going to check-in at the podium as soon as you can, I believe an hour before the show is when they start checking people in- I would recommend getting there even before that and waiting in line if you want to sit in the first row of seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Claflinlady View Post
    Hi there!

I am new here- this is my very first post!

But I just wanted to share my experience.

I agree the dessert package is very worthwhile- it is a little costly, but it is something very special- I did this seating during a visit in 2010 and again in 2012-

when I did it for the 1st time in 2010, we had dinner just before at blue bayou and I was so full I could not even touch my box- it ended up being my snack on the 8 hour drive home, but just seemed sad not to enjoy in the moment

when me and husband did this seating again in 2012 we did the first seating and the box was my dinner and kept me full until i snagged a hot dog on my way out of the park at around 11pm or so

the box has, or had, (i dont know if it has changed) some cheese and crackers, grapes, and lots of delicious treats- and the cast members provide you with unlimited sodas, water, hot chocolate.

here is a photo from my box in 2010

Name:  IMG_0643 number 2.JPG
Views: 374
Size:  216.5 KB

I hope your anniversary is truly special!

Oh and I recommed going to check-in at the podium as soon as you can, I believe an hour before the show is when they start checking people in- I would recommend getting there even before that and waiting in line if you want to sit in the first row of seats.

Thank you for your wishes and for sharing your experience I'm getting really excited to have such great seats for the show... I think the box is just desserts and drinks now.

• ...and the Flowers Croon

Thank you for your wishes and for sharing your experience I'm getting really excited to have such great seats for the show... I think the box is just desserts and drinks now.
    It's still pretty much as pictured, with seasonal variations. You will get cheese, crackers, fruit, and a huge variety of desserts.

The CMs stop serving drinks once the show starts, so ask for another hot chocolate, soda, etc. before it begins to kind of "stock up."

Thanks for the advice ! About how many seats are there ?
    I'm guessing from memory of the seating chart they wrote us down on that it looked like about 100 maybe less.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast