• #bringevilback

AP Summer Bash Extra Hours TR

The extra hours event was tonight. I arrived around 6 with little wait to get into the structure and park, and then just a 10 minute wait to get my wristband. The line moved quickly and they had massive tape lines on the ground, not yet utilized. I popped into DL to see about riding Indy but it was a 65 minute wait and I didn't want to deal with post parade traffic. I headed straight over the DCA to scope out the special events. We got a flyer at check in with a map of special character meets (listed below) and special events/times.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  128.2 KB

Many were obvious, Monsters, Disney Jr, Bugs, But then 4-7 were a little questionable. I was guessing 4 would be country bears (which it was, switching off with chip and dale), 5 took me longer until I walked by the area, realizing the bear was Duffy, then 6 was the princesses, and 7 ended up being Mickey and friends in beach attire. 8-10 were easy, Lilo and Stitch, Carl and Doug and Russell, then Minnie as fly girl.

Taking Kelly's inspiration I did selfies with the characters! So fun! Here's Carl, from Up

Views: 792
Size:  104.2 KB

And Lilo, two new characters for me!

Views: 787
Size:  60.9 KB

Chip and Dale had lots of fun with it!
Views: 784
Size:  39.8 KB

With Mike (my third new character) I was informed they were "Mike-ies" not selfies!
Size:  77.1 KB

And finally they had the bay in it's patriotic, summer theme for the fountains after WOC

Size:  116.5 KB

Overall it it seems less crowded than the March event, maybe because they had multiple character meets, maybe fewer people decided to come with the crazy heat (high was 97 today), who knows. It was fun and I saw all the characters I wanted to and was on my way out just after 10.

• formerly very helpful

Re: AP Summer Bash Extra Hours TR

Sounds like a lot of fun. Too bad I couldn't be there. Thanks for sharing.

Man, I want to go to one of these events, but they are almost always late at night on weekday. I live an hour away, so its not something I can utilize.

• Selfie Expert

LOVE that you did selfies!!! Aren't they just so stinkin' fun for some reason? The characters are good sports about it.

CARL!!! I met him for Easter last year, but I could take a thousand pictures with him and not be satisfied. Pretty jealous of Lilo and Mike! I've never met them!

Looks like you had a fun time. Thanks for sharing!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    LOVE that you did selfies!!! Aren't they just so stinkin' fun for some reason? The characters are good sports about it.

CARL!!! I met him for Easter last year, but I could take a thousand pictures with him and not be satisfied. Pretty jealous of Lilo and Mike! I've never met them!

Looks like you had a fun time. Thanks for sharing!!
    It was super fun! Lilo I have never seen out before, although many people wanted Stitch to come out first, but you can meet him with a disney visa if you have one. Mike was out at the March AP event, but that's the only other time I have seen him, and the line was super long so I didn't wait last time. This one he switched out with Sully, so I got in line 10 minutes into Sully's set and two groups in front of me also started letting others go first once we got to the front a couple of minutes before Mike came out. The people directly behind me were so disappointed when they thought they'd be getting Mike instead of Sully. I was all...uh, you can meet Sully pretty much every day... Oh well.

The he selfies were so much fun, and all the characters were great with them. I can't wait to do more!

Was there too. The night wasn't too bad. I appreciated that they had this kind of event.

My only gripe was the line to get your wristbands. We got there around 7:30. It looked real short, but turned out to be real long, with a lot of zig-zags. Very similar to the queue of Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin. Good thing it was moving fast, although the family was getting anxious. Once that got out of the way then it was fine.

Get there early!

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

• #bringevilback

Yes, early arrivals had much less of a wait! I was there just after 6 and waited 10 minutes and we were only zigzagging through the ticket line. They had just finished setting up taped lines that would double the area. When I left DL right around 630 the line was 3/4 of the way across the esplanade toward the other ticket booths, although I am not sure how much of the extended taped queue they were using at that time