Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 69
  1. #16

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    397

    Re: Frozen really Expanding really Fast?

    Considering Disney owns ABC, then no, it isn't expanding too fast by being in Once Upon a Time.

  2. #17

    • Not the Hawkguy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    927

    Re: Frozen really Expanding really Fast?

    Also, this doesn't appear to be a straight transposing of Frozen into OUaT. The show does a good job of taking fairy tales and other fantastical elements (see the trip to Oz that took up a good chunk of this season). If anything, OUaT is using the popularity of Frozen to subvert viewer expectations and tell a new story. That doesn't seem like expanding too fast at all.

  3. #18

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mission Viejo
    Posts
    1,188

    Re: Frozen really Expanding really Fast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: It really doesn't bother this coven that Disney is exploiting their own movies however they choose. All other studios do the same thing and there's nothing wrong with it.
    And I'm just glad that Disney is still in touch with its origins…..examining classic fairy tales and adapting them into animation.

    Personally I don't think "Frozen" is the best Disney movie; I like others better. But it was good. I was somewhat surprised to see that it's the one that has captured the record as being the most popular selling animated feature ever. It didn't just floor me to be honest.

    But that's what personal opinions are mostly about. Clearly most of the world doesn't agree with me.

    Still I'm happy with its success. The world needs more movies like this.

  4. #19

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,100

    Re: Frozen really Expanding really Fast?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
    Thats why I don't post elsewhere because people don't go to those sections much haha.
    Yup.

  5. #20

    • Mickey icecream sammiches
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    San Franpsycho
    Posts
    1,080

    Re: Frozen really Expanding really Fast?

    Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    And I'm just glad that Disney is still in touch with its origins…..examining classic fairy tales and adapting them into animation.

    Personally I don't think "Frozen" is the best Disney movie; I like others better. But it was good. I was somewhat surprised to see that it's the one that has captured the record as being the most popular selling animated feature ever. It didn't just floor me to be honest.
    COMPLETELY agree with you, on both points.

  6. #21

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,454

    Re: Frozen really Expanding really Fast?

    Well, apparently it's working because a friend of mine who hasn't seen Frozen but watches OUaT is now planning on watching Frozen. He was also excited to see how Elsa would be integrated into the plot line. So it's making people more interested in both because of the crossover.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

  7. #22

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    128

    Re: Frozen really Expanding really Fast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spanky View Post
    I had started a thread in a different MC forum here relating to this.
    Once Upon a Time - Frozen?
    Glad you started one here, as it really seems to me once again that threads do not get read or responded to much in some of the other forums! What is the point of posting them in the "appropriate" forum if hardly anyone looks at them? We have a pretty active group here in the DL forum and discuss and debate all sorts of things Disney. I've repeatedly see threads die elsewhere that probably would have gotten pages of responses here. In fact, the same thread posted in another MC forum got no responses, but when reposted here started a healthy discussion - go figure!
    I don't read any other forums..

  8. #23

    • Greetings, Program!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,647

    Re: Frozen really Expanding really Fast?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I think Frozen is expanding a little too fast.

    But hey, better they put it in a television show instead of overlaying an existing ride at Disneyland or WDW.
    This.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

    AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

  9. #24

    • Lurking in the corners
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nothern Ohio
    Posts
    744
    Blog Entries
    22

    Re: Frozen really Expanding really Fast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spanky View Post
    Glad you started one here, as it really seems to me once again that threads do not get read or responded to much in some of the other forums! What is the point of posting them in the "appropriate" forum if hardly anyone looks at them? We have a pretty active group here in the DL forum and discuss and debate all sorts of things Disney. I've repeatedly see threads die elsewhere that probably would have gotten pages of responses here. In fact, the same thread posted in another MC forum got no responses, but when reposted here started a healthy discussion - go figure!
    This is why I always use the "What's New" button at the top of the forums page when I first get on here. That way I see what is going on in the forums I don't frequent.

    “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

  10. #25

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,636

    Re: Frozen really Expanding really Fast?

    Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    It kind of bothers me sometimes when some Mice chatters complain about how popular Frozen has become. And there's a good reason why it has. It's a good Disney animated film. And like others have stated before, it's a phenomenon. Pretty much like Beauty and the Beast and the Lion King were back in the day.

    It definitely is a phenomenon. But not in the same way Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King were. Nobody complained about how those two films became because they were absolutely the best animated films ever made at the time and still hold up today.

    Frozen is different.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  11. #26

    • Down Pluto!
    • Online

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Altered State
    Posts
    4,380

    Re: Frozen really Expanding really Fast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    It definitely is a phenomenon. But not in the same way Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King were. Nobody complained about how those two films became because they were absolutely the best animated films ever made at the time and still hold up today.

    Frozen is different.
    I agree. Despite fan appreciation, Frozen is just above mediocre. There is ONE good song, and even though the story comes from a timeless history, the characters are just not that engaging. Not at all like Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King. I'd put it smack between Lion King and Chicken Little.

    I do not understand its popularity, so yes it is moving way too fast.







    I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

  12. #27

    • My Favorite Anna
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California, United States
    Posts
    7,336

    Re: Frozen really Expanding really Fast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    I agree. Despite fan appreciation, Frozen is just above mediocre. There is ONE good song, and even though the story comes from a timeless history, the characters are just not that engaging. Not at all like Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King. I'd put it smack between Lion King and Chicken Little.

    I do not understand its popularity, so yes it is moving way too fast.
    And I disagree with you Frozen is 100 times better then Beauty and The Beast and Lion King I didn't even like the Lion King and Beauty and the Beast is no. 5 in my top 5 favorite movies. The story is beautiful has great songs expet for Fixer Upper and Demi D. verison of Let It Go. The only song I like on Beauty and the Beast is the theme song the other songs where so so. Frozen is the first movie that I saw it more then once in a theater infact I saw it 3 times. I would of seen it more in the theaters if I had the money but so far at home I have seen it about 15 times and will see it again tonight to make it 16. Elsa is in my top 3 favorite characters infact if you look at my signature it show my favorite Disney Characters in order. Every time I go to DLand Elsa is the first place I go to see now and then the others. I don't even see Belle anymore cause I'm more in love with Queen Elsa. So to me Frozen will be the best movie tell the day I die.

    top 5 favorite movies
    1. Frozen
    2. Sleeping Beauty
    3. Little Mermaid
    4. Brother Bear
    5. Beauty and the Beast



    MY LONG TIME FRIEND THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN FOR 2 YEARS.

  13. #28

    • Behind the refurb walls..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    8,115
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Frozen really Expanding really Fast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    I agree. Despite fan appreciation, Frozen is just above mediocre. There is ONE good song, and even though the story comes from a timeless history, the characters are just not that engaging. Not at all like Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King. I'd put it smack between Lion King and Chicken Little.

    I do not understand its popularity, so yes it is moving way too fast.
    I think you need to label that as "In my opinion Frozen is just above mediocre" as your opinion is in fact, not fact. Art is subjective, and always has been... And I personally cannot remember the last Disney film that excited me as much as Frozen. I have never been driven to see a Disney film in theaters 3 times, and I grew up with the 90's classics... I hold them dearly as a part of my childhood, but Frozen was something else. Something special, in my opinion... and clearly in the opinion of many many others.






    ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

  14. #29

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Morva in the Land of Prydain
    Posts
    4,863

    Re: Frozen really Expanding really Fast?

    ORDDU: Actually it seems odd that a Disney fan would complain that a certain Disney movie or character is too popular. I thought Disney fans were supposed to support and celebrate Disney whenever something from the company was a success. All the complaining against something I assumed we came here to talk about because we loved it instead of hating it. It just doesn't make sense.

    ORWEN: I wish all the fans out there who actually love Disney were the one's who came here to express their positive feelings. For some time I've been reading negative reactions about Winnie the Pooh, the Princesses, Toy Story and on and on. Where's the love for these successful franchises if not here?

    ORGOCH: Got somethin' else ta complain 'bout?

  15. #30

    • Behind the refurb walls..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    8,115
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Frozen really Expanding really Fast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Actually it seems odd that a Disney fan would complain that a certain Disney movie or character is too popular. I thought Disney fans were supposed to support and celebrate Disney whenever something from the company was a success. All the complaining against something I assumed we came here to talk about because we loved it instead of hating it. It just doesn't make sense.

    ORWEN: I wish all the fans out there who actually love Disney were the one's who came here to express their positive feelings. For some time I've been reading negative reactions about Winnie the Pooh, the Princesses, Toy Story and on and on. Where's the love for these successful franchises if not here?

    ORGOCH: Got somethin' else ta complain 'bout?
    I agree... For goodness sake this movie is now one of the highest grossing movies EVER. Very close to bumping Iron Man 3 out of the number 5 spot.






    ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 'The Fast and the Furious 4' - really?!
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 08:31 PM
  2. Did that CM really just say that?
    By MickeyMania in forum Break Room
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-02-2005, 09:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •