Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Frozen really Expanding really Fast?

Frozen was featured in Dancing with the Stars and NOW will be in the next season of Once Upon A Time? Isn't Frozen moving a bit too fast to be jumping into TV series and other series? Check out this clip if you DON'T believe me - Once Upon A Time 3x21 3x22 Season Finale End Scene Elsa (Frozen) New Character | Emma & Regina (HD) - YouTube

• The doctor is in

Re: Frozen really Expanding really Fast?

I think Frozen is expanding a little too fast.

But hey, better they put it in a television show instead of overlaying an existing ride at Disneyland or WDW.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

The expanding you're describing is called "phenomenon". That is exactly what Frozen is. Smart move by the OUAT producers to capitalize on the Frozen craze. In today's television business, if you don't pull in the ratings you're toast, even if your show did well for a couple seasons! Must be sweeps week!

• Queen Elsa

Well I still don't like the show and still will not watch it now that Elsa is on there.

• Singing Drinker

Read a good analysis of Disney's actions and stated intentions - they're planning on exploiting it as quickly as possible. I've seen SEVERAL mentions of a DisneyToons - note, not Feature Animation - sequel or three in the works already, and they're doing a fullcourt press to saturate the market quickly.

Honestly, it kinda argues that the Disney suits may believe there's a fairly limited life in this Frozen trend and are trying to bleed what they can out of it while the gettin's good.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Read a good analysis of Disney's actions and stated intentions - they're planning on exploiting it as quickly as possible. I've seen SEVERAL mentions of a DisneyToons - note, not Feature Animation - sequel or three in the works already, and they're doing a fullcourt press to saturate the market quickly.

Honestly, it kinda argues that the Disney suits may believe there's a fairly limited life in this Frozen trend and are trying to bleed what they can out of it while the gettin's good.
    If you look at the upcoming Pixar and Disney Animation movies it will be a long time before another princess comes out. With that in mind as well as how popular Frozen is, it makes perfect sense for Disney to keep giving fans more and more of the IP to enjoy/buy.

I had started a thread in a different MC forum here relating to this.
    Once Upon a Time - Frozen?
    Glad you started one here, as it really seems to me once again that threads do not get read or responded to much in some of the other forums! What is the point of posting them in the "appropriate" forum if hardly anyone looks at them? We have a pretty active group here in the DL forum and discuss and debate all sorts of things Disney. I've repeatedly see threads die elsewhere that probably would have gotten pages of responses here. In fact, the same thread posted in another MC forum got no responses, but when reposted here started a healthy discussion - go figure!

• Senior Minion

This is Disney's modus operandi. It's what they do, it's now the only thing they know how to do well, milk popular IP's for all they're worth and try to turn them into franchise properties that will last forever. In 100 years they'll still be selling Ana and Elsa dolls by the truckload.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

ORDDU: It really doesn't bother this coven that Disney is exploiting their own movies however they choose. All other studios do the same thing and there's nothing wrong with it.

I haven't followed the show since season 1 but I'm curious if this will actually be Elsa or if it will be more in line with Andersen's Snow Queen, who was a solid antagonist and not a very nice person.
    "Fairy tales, then, are not responsible for producing in children fear, or any of the shapes of fear; fairy tales do not give the child the idea of the evil or the ugly; that is in the child already, because it is in the world already. Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey."
    -
    G.K. Chesterton

• formerly very helpful

I'm fairly new to Once Upon a Time, but it seems that they change the characters around so much that despite the names, hey are hardly the same people anyway.

• film975

It kind of bothers me sometimes when some Mice chatters complain about how popular Frozen has become. And there's a good reason why it has. It's a good Disney animated film. And like others have stated before, it's a phenomenon. Pretty much like Beauty and the Beast and the Lion King were back in the day.

• #bringevilback

At the very end it appeared as if they were setting her up to be evil, especially if you consider that she came from Rumple's vault for dangerous/unknown magic. I do like how they take characters but adapt them in ways you would not expect (ie Red being the wolf) or even evolve them into something else (ie Evil Queen turning good).

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

The whole idea behind Disney owning ABC is that they can leverage their brand in the TV space. That's exactly what they are doing and their stock price shows that it makes a lot of sense from a business sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spanky View Post
    I had started a thread in a different MC forum here relating to this.
    Once Upon a Time - Frozen?
    Glad you started one here, as it really seems to me once again that threads do not get read or responded to much in some of the other forums! What is the point of posting them in the "appropriate" forum if hardly anyone looks at them? We have a pretty active group here in the DL forum and discuss and debate all sorts of things Disney. I've repeatedly see threads die elsewhere that probably would have gotten pages of responses here. In fact, the same thread posted in another MC forum got no responses, but when reposted here started a healthy discussion - go figure!
    Thats why I don't post elsewhere because people don't go to those sections much haha.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast