Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• șoș Tom șoș

Pirates for sale?

Do you suppose Disney will sell the removed pirates from this upcoming refurb or keep them in storage or replace them if they ever go back to the original story? Would they sell the ship if they remove it?

• Banned User

Re: Pirates for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Do you suppose Disney will sell the removed pirates from this upcoming refurb or keep them in storage or replace them if they ever go back to the original story? Would they sell the ship if they remove it?
    I do not believe they are removing any of them except for the captain. So I do not know if they are going to auction him off. If they did it would be a shame. That piece is too valuable to be given to a stranger in my opinion. They should have it on display for people to see up close. I think that would be a cool idea. I also believe there is more then 1 captain for refurbishment purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    That piece is too valuable to be given to a stranger in my opinion. They should have it on display for people to see up close.
    So is Disneyland a museum, or not?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I don't know that they are removing the ship...I bet they just use what is there and modify it to be the Black Pearl.
    I doubt they'll just reuse the captain for Barbossa, but when he is removed...who knows he might end up in some other attraction like the old WoM AAs...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by woxel1
    So is Disneyland a museum, or not?
    What I mean is like put it in the Disney Gallery or something like they did with the HM characters while the ride was in refurb.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I do not believe they are removing any of them except for the captain. So I do not know if they are going to auction him off. If they did it would be a shame. That piece is too valuable to be given to a stranger in my opinion. They should have it on display for people to see up close. I think that would be a cool idea. I also believe there is more then 1 captain for refurbishment purposes.
    We really can not say that having a collector purchase the pirate is a bad thing really. There are many disney fanatic collectors that would love to purchase this pirate and take care of it more better than Disney did. And perhaps, they may want to show it off to the public in their community somehow too. Usually the collectors find the value in these objects, and do whatever they can to keep it either as valuable or make it more valuable than it already is at the current time. Atleast these people will care for it more than some kind of storage room. If the piraqte is placed in storage all it would do is collect dust really. I would rather have a collector who really cares about this pirate have the pirate rather than let dust gather on it .

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    We really can not say that having a collector purchase the pirate is a bad thing really. There are many disney fanatic collectors that would love to purchase this pirate and take care of it more better than Disney did. And perhaps, they may want to show it off to the public in their community somehow too. Usually the collectors find the value in these objects, and do whatever they can to keep it either as valuable or make it more valuable than it already is at the current time. Atleast these people will care for it more than some kind of storage room. If the piraqte is placed in storage all it would do is collect dust really. I would rather have a collector who really cares about this pirate have the pirate rather than let dust gather on it .
    Very true. If for example I were to buy the pirate that thing would be a shrine. But I guess anyone who is willing to pay for that pirate will take care of it. Just a shame it will never work again. I am sure they would disable it like they did to the submarine animatronics when they sold them to circarama to protect the technology sercret.

He will be the new host at BB

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

i think they should put him in the Gallery, the same way the HM AA's were as someone already mentioned. I'd love to get to see that guy up close...and then i'd lay flowers at his feet for his unfortunate loss.

• șoș Tom șoș

Maybe uncle Jesse will buy him since he seems to be a collector of rare Disney treasures! Oh wait Jake in Progress got canceled and his ex-wife has probably cut off his credit cards maybe not!

Actually, they've been auctioning off the characters for years. They can never seem to sell the volumptuous lady in the blue. I myself would Like the redhead.

Yensid "New sig quote : I myself would like the Red head" tlaw1969
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

If an animatronic is in good shape, it almost always gets reused. The captain is one of the best animatronics in the park. I would guess that with a new outfit and face, he could double as any of the characters from the film.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Didn't they say somewhere that they were just re-skinning and re-costuming some of the current animatronics? Atleast I think I remember them saying that. Is the capitain really that advanced? I'd believe it if you said it, I just never really thought of his as advanced, at least not A100. Then again, maybe the one at WDW isn't up to par with DL's. I'm used to WDW after all.

Yensid "Maybe it's just me" tlaw1969
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Yeah you know that lady in France who got the face transplant?

Disney's been doing that to audio animatronics for years.

They'll just put a new face and clothes on the AA machine and turn it back on.

• back in Austin

They should have it on display for people to see up close. I think that would be a cool idea.
    I don't know. These guys weren't meant to be seen in full lighting and up close. I understand the sentiment about wanting retired AA's to be preserved and admired, but you might not like what you saw if he were moved to the gallery and you were able to get a real close look. Might be sort of a magic/illusion breaker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast