Page 107 of 174 FirstFirst ... 7578297104105106107108109110117132157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2607

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Celebrity sightings @ DLR (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    And legally, celebrities and politicians actually have fewer rights to privacy as far as photos go, because they intentionally put themselves in the public eye.
    Legally, really? So paparazzi can follow them or trepass anywhere they want because they have the legal right all due to a career choice?
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Sock Puppet

^^^^^

Probably legal advice from a jail-house attorney!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Legally, really? So paparazzi can follow them or trepass anywhere they want because they have the legal right all due to a career choice?
    Trespassing to get a photo is not allowed...but celebrities are indeed less entitled to privacy and shouldn't expect the same amount of privacy as a regular citizen because they put themselves in the public eye. Celebrities do not have a "reasonable expectation of privacy." I just took a media law class and this is what I was taught. They shouldn't expect any privacy if they are in a public place. So if a celebrity is walking around Disneyland, paparazzi or anyone else for that matter are allowed to take photos of them if they want to.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Zach Braff was in the park today. my friend and I were right behind him waiting to board Mr. Toad's. He was with family, I believe and a Plaid. A friend of mine, who works on the show, "Scrubs" called out to him and said that one of the Assistant Directors Of "Scrubs" said "Hello" to him.
    Last edited by Dan - Tasmic!; 08-14-2009 at 11:27 PM.

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

Quote Originally Posted by WeWantsTheRedhead View Post
    Today, I saw Tim Burton walking near BTMRR with some family and 2 or 3 plaids. It was the first I've ever seen any real "celebrity", it was exciting. I would have loved to say hi, but I didnt want to bother the guy.
    aw, that's awesome! i was there...why didn't i see him?!

flower gleam & glow...

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kburford View Post
    aw, that's awesome! i was there...why didn't i see him?!
    He was there with his girlfriend, Helena Boham Carter.

• Far too curious

I'm pretty sure a saw one of the (former)Backstreet Boys a couple of weeks ago. I felt a little odd being the only one in my group that recognized him, but apparently I can still remember faces I haven't seen since I was 7 >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    seriously!? ...how could i have missed that!?!? so upset i didn't get a glimpse of them!!

flower gleam & glow...

• Say Cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by kburford View Post
    seriously!? ...how could i have missed that!?!? so upset i didn't get a glimpse of them!!
    They can be very inconspicuous. Just look for the plaid vest, and the celebs will magically become visible. I've spotted them easier with that knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyPhotoGuy View Post
    They can be very inconspicuous. Just look for the plaid vest, and the celebs will magically become visible. I've spotted them easier with that knowledge.
    ya, i definitely know that info, thanks! and have seen a few celebs. but i haven't seen many celebs that i am interested in seeing and tim burton AND helena bonham carter would've been golden...and i actually had to leave the park for a few hours to run errands and now i severely wish i had not left lol

flower gleam & glow...

• Grim Grinning

Emile Hirsch was there on July 30th, I saw him on Jungle Cruise that afternoon. Didn't realize who he was til later sadly enough.

Tim Allen and his daughter sat right behind us on Screamin a couple of years ago. A bunch of teenage girls were screaming his name and harassing him, but he just ignored it. Was strange to hear him screaming behind us, as his voice is very familiar and distinctive. We didn't have the camera that day.. but regret not buying the photo after the ride now! He had his own security with him, and got right back on through the exit a few more times in a row.

• in the Golden Afternoon

When he walked past us, she wasn't in the group. Maybe she was there later in the day though, I dont know.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Follow them, yes. That's why they do and why they get away with it. Trespass? No. Paparazzi can't legally trespass anymore than you or I can.

But yes, the law is different for a private citizen than for a public one. In the eyes of the law, if you have made the career choice as you put it, to be in the public eye, to make your living from and profit from your image and notoriety, then you in turn have sacrificed the right to privacy that others may enjoy. (this applies to politicians as well as entertainers) I'm not arguing whether it's right or wrong, just saying that is the way it is.

Zach Braff was in the park today. my friend and I were right behind him waiting to board Mr. Toad's. He was with family, I believe and a Plaid.
    We saw him and his group entering Peter Pan through the exit. I guess Chicken Little doesn't have to wait in line.