Page 108 of 174 FirstFirst ... 8588398105106107108109110111118133158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2607

• Banned User

Re: Celebrity sightings @ DLR (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    But why can't a celebrity be able to just walk through the gates of Disneyland and leave their fame behind? I mean, they are human too, they have lives outside of the cameras and red carpets. Sure we all like to admire them and gawk at them, but when they come to any theme park, not just Disney, AS A GUEST THEMSELVES why can't they just be treated as such? Just as any other regular person, and left alone to live their lives?
    It's a shame, and probably merely a fantasy, that when anyone walks through the gates of Disneyland, WDW, or any Disney park, that the "magic" doesn't extend to those that enter those gates. When you walk through them, you're treated with respect, and you treat others with respect. (I say this because it doesn't always happen.) And when you're a celebrity, when you walk through those gates, your fame is left behind. You are treated just like anyone else, you're not recognized as a famous person, and you look like everyone else.
    Yeah fame follows them 24/7, but they have the god given right live a normal life outside of the CAREERS that their fame is associated with. I just wish that fans would respect that when seeing them out in public, away from the spotlight.
    So answer me this question; If they want to be treated like anyone else and have a normal life outside of their careers and be treated like a regular guest at the park(s), THEN WHY DO THEY ALL (well, almost all) NEED TO HAVE A PLAID WITH THEM?

If that is called being normal, then why don't I get a plaid assigned to me whenever I walk through the gates?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by disney-fan-reborn View Post
    If that is called being normal, then why don't I get a plaid assigned to me whenever I walk through the gates?
    You could, just pay the same fee that they are. I'm sure the DLR would appreciate the business.

Theirs are usually helping manage their guests way through the parks and watching over their strollers and belongings that probably have a better chance of being highly desired and possibly disappearing.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Larger Than (After)Life

Many moons ago, I dined in the Blue Bayou, while seated at a table directly beside Michael Landon and family.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disney-fan-reborn View Post
    So answer me this question; If they want to be treated like anyone else and have a normal life outside of their careers and be treated like a regular guest at the park(s), THEN WHY DO THEY ALL (well, almost all) NEED TO HAVE A PLAID WITH THEM?
    Not all V.I.Ps need a plaid. They only require if their fame might endanger their safety. If they are not easily recognized, then they do not need one. They only need one if they are constantly mobbed by fans who want pictures and autographs.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

I'm sure someone already posted about Hurley from LOST at DL since that was a while ago....

But I've got photos of it
    dreams. come. true.

• Mean Mermaid

The only time I've seen a celeb at DLR was when I passed Whoopi Goldberg on the Hollywood Pictures Backlot a couple months ago. Being a total dork, my first thought wasn't "Whoa, was that Whoopie Goldberg" it was "Whoa, was that Shenzi from Lion King?"

Quote Originally Posted by NikNak View Post
    Trespassing to get a photo is not allowed...but celebrities are indeed less entitled to privacy and shouldn't expect the same amount of privacy as a regular citizen because they put themselves in the public eye. Celebrities do not have a "reasonable expectation of privacy." I just took a media law class and this is what I was taught. They shouldn't expect any privacy if they are in a public place. So if a celebrity is walking around Disneyland, paparazzi or anyone else for that matter are allowed to take photos of them if they want to.
    Disneyland is Private Property, so Disney has a right to stop someone from taking photos of guests.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Auroraflame View Post
    The only time I've seen a celeb at DLR was when I passed Whoopi Goldberg on the Hollywood Pictures Backlot a couple months ago. Being a total dork, my first thought wasn't "Whoa, was that Whoopie Goldberg" it was "Whoa, was that Shenzi from Lion King?"
    You should tell her to fix her "ride," aka Golden Dreams, lol, But, it's too late,

• i miss the peoplemover

I was at the park on sunday and we were leaving disneyland and right as i was leaving with my family all three of the Wayons brothers walked in through the exit, without any plaids, just the three of them with some family... some folks went up to them to take pictures but they politely declined and kept walking!

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    You should tell her to fix her "ride," aka Golden Dreams, lol, But, it's too late,
    I tried it with her act in Superstar Limo a few years ago... I still didn't work
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Picturing the Magic

I just saw Adam Morrison (basketball player) in Toon Town on Sunday. Also, my friends are pretty sure we saw Shawn Wayans (actor) as we were about to board Grizzly River Run the same day.

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• Future Imagineer! =D

I've gone to Disneyland tons of times but I don't think I have ever seen a celebrity at Disneyland
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Over the years my DW and I have seen: Nicholas Cage, Barry Bonds, Jack Johnson w/out plaids (he was on Casey Jr- "I need this old train to break down...), Selma Blair, and Markie Post (Night Court).

• Eeyore Jr.

We saw all 4 Wayans brothers as we left the Tiki Room on Sunday, and again ahead of us on Indy. Keenen Ivory, Marlon, Shawn, and Damon were all there. I think Damon's wife was with him, and there were a few other people, as well as 2 plaids guiding them around. Lots of people were looking at them, some taking pictures (including my wife), but no one was really going up to them and bothering them.

• Returning to DL 2/29

I have seen Nicolas Cage in the park
    Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"