Page 110 of 174 FirstFirst ... 106085100107108109110111112113120135160 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2607

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Re: Celebrity sightings @ DLR (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    We saw them going on Peter Pan. One of the private security people with them came up to one of the people in our group and asked that no pictures be taken. Funny enough she was not even taking pictures. She was just playing with her iPhone. 1 plaid, at least 2 bodyguards, some other kids that I assume were cousins.
    Ooh, too bad it wasn't me. I need to properly prepare a response for people like that, but my first off-the-cuff thought was if their "request" smelled at all like a demand...

"I don't plan to take any pictures - Or at least, I didn't before you started making illegal and unenforceable demands... You do realize your clients are in a public place with no expectations of privacy, Right?"

Most Celebrity Vs. Paparazzi problems are self-inflicted. The celeb and/or their "handlers" tries to be a Primadonna (or just an Adam Henry - figure it out...) when out in public, and forces the photographers to do annoying and/or illegal a/o stupid a/o dangerous things to get the "money shot".

If you don't want your picture taken, don't go out in public places - and if you do go, put your best face forward (that means a little makeup and some nice clothes if you think you have an image to uphold) and face the facts that some people will pay for your picture. And they pay a lot more for your picture if you evade the photographers, so that is a losing battle.

Some of the most expensive photos are the worst ones taken - things like the Nick Nolte booking photo from the Malibu drunk driving arrest.

If I was presented with a situation like that without a pushy handler to deal with, the proper thing to do is to NOT stalk the celeb. Stay way back, get out the longest lens you have, and CASUALLY snap a few shots. Pose the rest of your party against the fence, then in between family shots zoom in over their shoulder and take a few pictures of the real quarry in the distance. Nobody will know but you.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Ooh, too bad it wasn't me. I need to properly prepare a response for people like that, but my first off-the-cuff thought was if their "request" smelled at all like a demand...

"I don't plan to take any pictures - Or at least, I didn't before you started making illegal and unenforceable demands... You do realize your clients are in a public place with no expectations of privacy, Right?"

Most Celebrity Vs. Paparazzi problems are self-inflicted. The celeb and/or their "handlers" tries to be a Primadonna (or just an Adam Henry - figure it out...) when out in public, and forces the photographers to do annoying and/or illegal a/o stupid a/o dangerous things to get the "money shot".

If you don't want your picture taken, don't go out in public places - and if you do go, put your best face forward (that means a little makeup and some nice clothes if you think you have an image to uphold) and face the facts that some people will pay for your picture. And they pay a lot more for your picture if you evade the photographers, so that is a losing battle.

Some of the most expensive photos are the worst ones taken - things like the Nick Nolte booking photo from the Malibu drunk driving arrest.

If I was presented with a situation like that without a pushy handler to deal with, the proper thing to do is to NOT stalk the celeb. Stay way back, get out the longest lens you have, and CASUALLY snap a few shots. Pose the rest of your party against the fence, then in between family shots zoom in over their shoulder and take a few pictures of the real quarry in the distance. Nobody will know but you.

--<< Bruce >>--
    LOL Bruce why have you thought about this so much? Are you one of the papz?
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    LOL Bruce why have you thought about this so much? Are you one of the papz?
    Not on purpose - but if I could sell the occasional "Right Place, Right Time, Right Shot" picture for enough to pay for a new camera or a few tanks of gas, I wouldn't object at all.

That said, I'm not the Star Struck type, though it is interesting to get into their heads to figure out what makes them do it. Grow up in the Thirty Minute Zone of Hollywood and the Valley, and you see the 'famous people' in less-than-famous settings all the time. They put their pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us, go shopping and see a movie...

Only the real A-Listers can pull off the 'life in a bubble' thing with toadies and sycophants and personal assistants - the rest are still regular people, just with very unusual jobs.

--<< Bruce >>--

Last year I saw Willem Dafoe while waiting for Tower of Terror. I could NOT remember his name, and just told my husband that I had seen the "guy who played the Green Goblin"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Prince Michael and Blanket were at Disneyland yesterday with their uncle, Michael's brother.
    And, I was with CA when he saw them! We were stepping off of Splash Mountain and there they were! I walked up to Jermaine, and, shook his hand and said, "I'm so sorry for your loss". I bet the Disney guy was ready to have a full blown heart attack! ha! At that time, I didn't see the kids, but, did later as I have a GAC and almost EVERYWHERE we went, there were the Jacksons getting on the exit of the rides, which is where I go to get on the rides. The Disney employee also told us "no photos" and I respected that (after having taken one! ) That was prior to realizing that Prince Michael and Blanket were there. Mostly I just wanted one of Jermaine, because I am a Jackson fan from age 9 (that's 1970!). The Disney security guy was watching us like we were stalking them, which we weren't! Finally, after seeing them SO many times, we were headed to Matterhorn, and, there they were again, so, we said, "Forget it, let's go somewhere else!"

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Can you narrow it down a little?

Jermaine!

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    We saw them going on Peter Pan. One of the private security people with them came up to one of the people in our group and asked that no pictures be taken. .
    You must have been about 5 minutes or LESS away from us, Pratt! We entered it just as they exited!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post

--<< Bruce >>--
    You are SOOOOOOO right! I did not want to invade the children's privacy, as they just lost their dad, but, the Disney dude (not a plaid) had NO right to ask that we not take photographs. It's Disneyland for heaven't sake. Not like we're peeking through the fence of their Encino home!

Clarification: An official Disney representative (Security CM, a Plaid, or a Manager) is well within their right to make REASONABLE requests of you, while you are on their private property. I'm sure it's in the contract fine print language on the back of the tickets, or that page of legalese you signed to get your AP.

Disney's official representative can ask you not to make a scene - like running ahead of the party and frantically setting up a tripod to take a picture, or run around in the bushes like a mad-man, or run up and accost the celeb and ask to pose your wife or kid with them for a series of shots.

I would have no problem at all complying with a reasonable request to not do anything like that... It's only common courtesy to not draw any more attention to the Celeb and their party than they already have to deal with.

But the Celeb's goons are on the same private property you are, and they don't have the right to demand you do (or don't do) borscht.

If the Goon so much as touches you, they're under arrest for assault. They try taking your camera or media/film from you without a valid reason (and they don't have one), they're under arrest for theft. They try to physically restrict your movements and walk you away from the celeb, that's kidnapping. They can make themselves some serious trouble, fast.

And 'No Pictures, Period' in a public place, when you are there as a simple Guest and not there taking pictures for commercial purposes (IE as a professional photographer) is an unreasonable request, even if it was made by a representative of the property owner (Disney). Which could be taken all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, if you really wanted to push it that far and set some precedent.

--<< Bruce >>--

Saw Selena Gomez and the girl who plays her friend Harper on Wizards of Waverly Place at the Tower of Terror last night. She came in the fastpass line with a large entourage and everyone was trying to get pictures of her

• 3rd shift

I must be pretty popular cuz i am always ending up in Home movies...
    dude, where is my milkshake!

• Say Cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by BellhopPrincess View Post
    I'm sure someone already posted about Hurley from LOST at DL since that was a while ago....

But I've got photos of it
    Nice catch! Did you ride in the same train?

• hugs and peaches!!!

I just saw the girl who plays zora on Sonny with a chance on DisneyChannel on sunday. She walked by as we were waiting for Fantasmic. I assume she was going to reserved seating.....lucky duck.....
    "Won't you please be my prisoner, please, please, please!"
    "I do not like the cone of shame"
    "Oh! A ball! Oh boy! Oh boy! a ball!!"
    "Hey, I know a joke! A squirrel walks up to a tree and says, "I forgot to store acorns for the winter and now I am dead." Ha! It is funny because the squirrel gets dead."
    "I hid under your porch because I love you."

-Dug=the cutest dog ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Prince Michael and Blanket were at Disneyland yesterday with their uncle, Michael's brother.
    Oh, duh. I didn't put it together until I was reading all the D23 reports today. The Jacksons were at the park last week to get a private screening of Captain EO! I'm sure that was a great experience for his kids since they weren't yet born during its run at the Kodak Theater.

I saw her that day several times. One plaid and two Brit bodyguards were with her. She also had two women with her. We were at the Princess Fantasy Faire when they got on the train at ToonTown, later ran into them near Splash and then in NOS. By NOS, the entire party had changed clothes.

Funny thing is, if she would have just been walking alone or with the other two women, I'm not sure anybody would have noticed. The plaid and bodyguards made her stand out.

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyPhotoGuy View Post
    Nice catch! Did you ride in the same train?

EDIT: Nvm, I just saw Hurley in the back, I didn't recognize the two people by the plaid though
    Last edited by ChessurInWonderland; 09-23-2009 at 03:10 PM.

• Hukuna Matata!

I was at the Pirate's Four Premier, and I Saw Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, "No Kiera Knightly " The rest of the cast. I saw Kobe "Whoop de doo" Some of the dancing with the stars "Didnt care", I saw Teri Hatcher "That was so nice" The girl from tv guide was interviewing WOW, As a matter of fact I cannot wait until the new pirates premier in 2010 or 2011 or 2012 Whatever year I will be there.