Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• film975

Re: New Nighttime Parade for the 60th

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Now if they could figure out how to open up attractions again during the fireworks we would be getting somewhere!!!!! I miss blasting through the dark rides during the parades and fireworks
    I know what you mean. I was riding the Matterhorn the other night during the fireworks. That was a blast! Can't wait to read the details when the Disney Parks blog officially announces it. Anyone else think the Blue Sky Cellar will have exhibits about this new night parade?

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by JoseDL View Post
    I open this thread
    I read this thread. I sip from coffee cup while doing so.

EDIT: Just read the release. Sounds like they're going back to doing things on the cheap. Did Pressler get his job back?

Ball droppage, Disney. Should've brought the MSEP back. You'd have been rolling in greenbacks just on that alone.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

•   

I think that why they r building the back alley on main street usa. Cause maybe disneyland going to run 2 parades during the day n the night.

• Sleepy...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    As excited as I am about a new night-time parade at Disneyland during their 60th anniversary, I'm concerned about the actual out-come. As reported, it won't be on the same grand scale they once had visioned, because of time constraint now.

This is what happened when they gave us, "Light Magic"...it too was supposed to be on a grand scale, but because of time constraints, we ended up getting what we did. And look what happened to that.

So again, I'm super happy about getting this new night-time parade, I just hope it doesn't end up being a flop!
    I don't think it'll be flop the way Light Magic did. Light Magic was before the Steve Davison era. I trust him and his team to do something amazing for the 60th. I'm actually kind of jealous at WDW right now for having his most recent work, Festival of Fantasy! I found myself humming to the theme earlier today.

So then I guess this confirms they re not going the nostalgia route for the 60th. I couldn't imagine Disney going that way and not bringing MSEP home. This sucks.

• formerly very helpful

Now if they could figure out how to open up attractions again during the fireworks we would be getting somewhere!!!!! I miss blasting through the dark rides during the parades and fireworks
    Yes, yes, YES!!!

• Production Designer

It's about time there was a NEW night parade. As much as I love the Electrical Parade, I'd be disappointed if it came back. It's old, outdated and needs to be retired. Walt Disney always wanted things to progress... Disneyland is not a museum. With the technology today and the creative mind of Steve Davison, I'm sure we will see something great... regardless the budget.

• Special Agent

It would have made sense if they brought back the Electrical Parade for a nostalgia based 60th, since they could have also brought back Fantasy in the Sky. I think that would have fixed a lot of the problems with the crowd control issues and allowed them to do both a nighttime parade AND a firework show and also allowed them to keep the rides open.

• Greetings, Program!

That's easy. Stop shooting them off from the top of the castle and move everything backstage the way it was before.

I'm with you.....would love to be sailing thru the Matterhorn like in the old days and seeing the sky exploding outside. If they really wanted to go the nostalgia route, this is exactly what they should do. So much substance has been sacrificed for style.

• Resident Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    I read this thread. I sip from coffee cup while doing so.

EDIT: Just read the release. Sounds like they're going back to doing things on the cheap. Did Pressler get his job back?

Ball droppage, Disney. Should've brought the MSEP back. You'd have been rolling in greenbacks just on that alone.
    You're upset that Disney seems to be doing things on the cheap and instead suggest they don't create a new parade, but go back to an old one? I see no logic in that...

Supposedly Light Magic cost $20 million to build, which would have been a phenomenally expensive parade for 1997. So it's not like they cheapened out on it. It's more that it failed artistically. Hopefully Steve Davison can come up with something good.

I read on another forum that DL might get a copy of the new HKDL parade, "Paint the Night."

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by sheetz View Post
    Supposedly Light Magic cost $20 million to build
    Oh it was more than that.

So it's not like they cheapened out on it. It's more that it failed artistically. Hopefully Steve Davison can come up with something good.
    Steve Davison was the art director for Light Magic.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Walt's Ghost View Post
    You're upset that Disney seems to be doing things on the cheap and instead suggest they don't create a new parade, but go back to an old one? I see no logic in that...
    Nostalgia.

That is what we were told was the focus of the 60th. I didn't realize they were talking about the nostalgia for the penny-pinching Pressler-Harriss regime.

• Resident Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    Nostalgia.

That is what we were told was the focus of the 60th. I didn't realize they were talking about the nostalgia for the penny-pinching Pressler-Harriss regime.
    But nostalgia means remembering the past, not bringing it back directly...

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Walt's Ghost View Post
    But nostalgia means remembering the past, not bringing it back directly...
    Whatever you say.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12