Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Country Bears at DCA

I would like to see the country Bears make a comeback at Grizzly Peak. I'm really not sure if there is any room in the area but it obviously makes perfect sense in this land especially right next to the Grand Californian. It's kind of what Disney was going for with his plans for the Mineral King resort.

• Minion

Re: Country Bears at DCA

How do the COUNTRY Bears fit into DCA, specifically Grizzly Peak? The themes don't match at all.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

I'd like to see a "California Creatures" show there with the same concept as Country Bears/Tiki Room (talking, dancing, singing critters themed to the area). A fun, well themed animatronic show would be nice.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    How do the COUNTRY Bears fit into DCA, specifically Grizzly Peak? The themes don't match at all.
    How do country music playing bears not fit into a land based on the backcountry of California? Do you think they have no country music up in the mountains? Maybe the music didn't originate there, but they sure as heck play a lot of it. They had the Miner 49ers playing country in Grizzly Peak for quite a while (not sure who's there now).

As the original post says, the attraction was originally intended by Walt to be at the Mineral King Ski Resort, which would have been located in the Sequioas of California. If you're trying to get nitpicky, the last known brown bear sighting in California was in the 1920s, and Grizzly Peak is set in the 1950s.

But I don't think its much of a stretch that a country music band could become a traveling band. The Country Bears Come West. I like it. Maybe not in the form of the original show, but I'd love to see them incorporated somehow. Maybe if Condor Flats is swallowed by Grizzly Peak they can find some space for them.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    I'd like to see a "California Creatures" show there with the same concept as Country Bears/Tiki Room (talking, dancing, singing critters themed to the area). A fun, well themed animatronic show would be nice.
    I like this idea. Something new would be nice. But we need new animatronic music shows in Disneyland. The only thing remotely similar is Tiki Room.

The Country Bears in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada would make a good transition from Condor Flats to Grizzly Peak. However, I'd rather see a Yosemite Falls/Half Dome facade to transition from Condor Flats to Grizzly Peak. I'm sure nobody would complain if they moved the biplane and Captain Minnie Meet and Greet next to the old Lightning and Mater Meet and Greet by the Fly-And-Buy. That gives them plenty of space to build a hill country environment and hunting lodge for a Country Bears Meet and Greet and/or work on the transition from Condor Flats to Grizzly Peak.

I like this idea! I know there's not much room, but I'd like to see them do something with that dead corner on the border of Condor Flats and Grizzly Peak.

On the other hand, DCA seems a little heavy on show-like attractions: Muppets, Animation Academy, Crush, Aladdin, It's Tough to be a Bug, Disney Jr. Plus at least five different street shows. I think an animatronic show is needed a little more on the Disneyland side. If not a return of the Country Bears, then maybe something using the Magic Eye Theatre space.
    "I know this is probably your first flight, and it's...mine too!"

• Senior Minion

They shouldn't build another AA show at DLR, too many AP's, it would sit empty.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by thedustycoyote View Post
    How do country music playing bears not fit into a land based on the backcountry of California? Do you think they have no country music up in the mountains? Maybe the music didn't originate there, but they sure as heck play a lot of it. They had the Miner 49ers playing country in Grizzly Peak for quite a while (not sure who's there now).
    Grizzly Peak is themed to Californian national parks/the great outdoors/outside activities, etc. I just don't see how the Country Bears fit that description, and if I'm correct, the show takes place in the South. I'm probably wrong, though.

I'm all for some sort of critter show in Grizzly Peak, one that has to do with the great outdoors. The Country Bears is not the answer, in my opinion. If one wanted to keep the bear idea, go with Humphrey the Bear and the park ranger. This would fit Grizzly Peak's theme MUCH better.

Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Quote Originally Posted by thedustycoyote View Post

As the original post says, the attraction was originally intended by Walt to be at the Mineral King Ski Resort, which would have been located in the Sequioas of California. If you're trying to get nitpicky, the last known brown bear sighting in California was in the 1920s, and Grizzly Peak is set in the 1950s.

But I don't think its much of a stretch that a country music band could become a traveling band. The Country Bears Come West. I like it. Maybe not in the form of the original show, but I'd love to see them incorporated somehow. Maybe if Condor Flats is swallowed by Grizzly Peak they can find some space for them.
    When I think of the Country Bears I think of Appalachia not the Sierras. "country Music" is not "Western music". That is why they call country and western.

Some kind of a nod to the California gold rush era might be appropriate, but then that would be Knott's Berry Farm.

• Singing Drinker

CBJ as it left Disneyland wasn't the same show it started out as in many ways. No reason the show wouldn't be able to mutate again to fit a better straight western bluegrass and country theme.

I'd love something like this. I keep thinking of something like the entry area for TTBAB - have the show take place in their "den" in the High Sierras.

Never happen, but it could be pretty awesome.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    But we need new animatronic music shows in Disneyland.
    They could always add Socrates, Billy the Kid, Beethoven, Napoleon and some rock concert lighting to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. After Lincoln ends his speech with "party on dudes!" the entire group could disappear into a time traveling phone booth.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Some sort of spinoff or california critter show would be great too. But yea I do agree with the Ap heavy demographic we may not see a new animatronic shows at DLR Ever again. Unless of course they can come up with something very creative and push the envelope with the technology so it wouldn't go stale.

• Bangarang!

Not that its a reason to add CBJ to DCA but the attraction did start out as being part of the Mineral King Resort, so there's a built in explanation for it being in the park...

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

I love the idea of having CBJ in DCA! I'm sure Disney could use some sort of Ramon show technology who they mixed up songs and performances like they do on the new Star Tours. That way it would have lots of return action as you'd never know what you'd be seeing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast