Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Increase the lifespan of Bugs Land temporarily

Quote Originally Posted by slomike View Post
    Little kids love the rides in bugs land.
    Also the water play areas are a big hit with little kids.

If you don't have little kids, then this is not the land for you. Your kids may have outgrown these rides, but lots of younger kids still love them.

-Mike

That's the problem with these rides. Your kids will eventually outgrow these as well. Fantasyland, meanwhile, have rides that nobody outgrows. Even the oldest person can still enjoy Alice in Wonderland or Peter Pan's Flight.

Nothing in Disney Park should be outgrown.

Walt Disney wanted a place where children and grown ups can have fun TOGETHER. Yes, parents can still ride the rides in A Bug's Land but do they want to? No.

There's plenty of places for the little little ones:Adventure City, Camp Snoopy at Knott's, and Legoland.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    That's the problem with these rides. Your kids will eventually outgrow these as well. Fantasyland, meanwhile, have rides that nobody outgrows. Even the oldest person can still enjoy Alice in Wonderland or Peter Pan's Flight.

Nothing in Disney Park should be outgrown.

Walt Disney wanted a place where children and grown ups can have fun TOGETHER. Yes, parents can still ride the rides in A Bug's Land but do they want to? No.

There's plenty of places for the little little ones:Adventure City, Camp Snoopy at Knott's, and Legoland.
    I think you're close, and mostly right here. The problem is, there's not much in a Bug's Land for the entire family, and a few of the rides are the equivalent of the carousel he watched his daughters on while he was sitting on that bench.

When I look at a Bug's Land, it's sort of a pale imitation of some of the Fantasyland type rides though, and to be quite honest, I think the real "Fantasyland" of California Adventure may end up being Paradise Pier, so I would rather call a Bug's Land a mix: Toon Town's goals with Fantasyland-basic rides... but how to make it a proper mix between them? I *really* do think Heimlich's Chew-Chew Train is the best option, and a lot of us seem to catch on that it'd be so easy to just make Heimlich into a dark ride or Casey Jr. type ride, maybe even have him go above some of a bug's land at certain points to get a better perspective of how "tiny" the Bug's Faire is.

After that, I'm honestly thinking the bumper cars *do* belong more in paradise pier than here, though in their place, I'd suggest a dark ride that has Flick going to the city to get supplies/more bugs to help him and have it tie into ITTBAB, have the vehicle be cut-out animal cracker boxes or something similar to PT Flea's Circus, maybe even an Omnimover designed to look like one of Flick's inventions. FINALLY, Fancis' teacups... I honestly think that the best way to fix this is by retheming it to be a "pebble whirl" OR, if we must keep the ladybug theme... then have them be acorn tops painted like Fancis's spots. With the voices of the attraction being Princess Dot and her fellow scouts.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by RuneM View Post
    I think you're close, and mostly right here. The problem is, there's not much in a Bug's Land for the entire family, and a few of the rides are the equivalent of the carousel he watched his daughters on while he was sitting on that bench.

When I look at a Bug's Land, it's sort of a pale imitation of some of the Fantasyland type rides though, and to be quite honest, I think the real "Fantasyland" of California Adventure may end up being Paradise Pier, so I would rather call a Bug's Land a mix: Toon Town's goals with Fantasyland-basic rides... but how to make it a proper mix between them? I *really* do think Heimlich's Chew-Chew Train is the best option, and a lot of us seem to catch on that it'd be so easy to just make Heimlich into a dark ride or Casey Jr. type ride, maybe even have him go above some of a bug's land at certain points to get a better perspective of how "tiny" the Bug's Faire is.

After that, I'm honestly thinking the bumper cars *do* belong more in paradise pier than here, though in their place, I'd suggest a dark ride that has Flick going to the city to get supplies/more bugs to help him and have it tie into ITTBAB, have the vehicle be cut-out animal cracker boxes or something similar to PT Flea's Circus, maybe even an Omnimover designed to look like one of Flick's inventions. FINALLY, Fancis' teacups... I honestly think that the best way to fix this is by retheming it to be a "pebble whirl" OR, if we must keep the ladybug theme... then have them be acorn tops painted like Fancis's spots. With the voices of the attraction being Princess Dot and her fellow scouts.

Right. The bumper cars are even boring for kids because of how slow they are. Another problem is that no ride in A Bug's Land is currently as fun as Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.

Drive 'Em Buggies needs to go. Francis Lady Bug Boogie needs to go. Heimlich needs to be expanded.

Also, while Princess Dot's Puddle Park is a neat visual, I don't think it's the right fit for the center of the land. They really should have something like Flik's Flyers in the dead center as a weenie for the land and stick the giant sprinkler in the corner.

As for the 3D movie, as much as I love it, it may eventually be better off as an Omnimover dark ride attraction using many of those animatronics. Here, a dark ride can bring Bug City to life and it would keep people coming back to this land for this anchor of a ride.

Also… Disney doesn't have a "SWING" ride… you know like the Dragon Swing? There's a perfect opportunity here for them to recreate the bird in the finale of A Bug's Life that we can all sit in and swing from one side to another. It offers a Disney spin on a familiar ride and themes it so it makes sense as well.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12