Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Money is no object, make ONE MAJOR change to the resort to improve it

1. If I was in control I would eliminate the different tiers for Annual Passes and price them the same as the cheapest pass. I would also eliminate blackout dates for the APs but in addition I would eliminate the use of Fast Passes for the APers. The ability to visit the parks anytime they wish is the benefit they buy with the Annual Pass.
    2. I would allow Fast Passes for only the customers that pay full price for a ticket.
    3. I would also eliminate Early Entry and Magic Mornings for everyone except Disneyland resort guests. After all, there should be some sort of benefit to paying the premium for staying on site.

Move Grizzly Mountain in DCA to the center of the park where it should be and rearrange the placement of most of the lands and rides within DCA to make it a spoked wheel design just like Disneyland and every other well-laid-out Disney park, and make a train-esque conveyance that goes all the way around DCA like the train in Disneyland... maybe just expand the red car trolley, add several more since each one holds so few people, have one stop every 2 minutes or something and go around the whole park, or perhaps change it up and have it go through the whole park.
    I'd also make each land really themed to California, so get rid of all of Cars Land except maybe for Radiator Springs Racers and replace it with a desert themed land called "The Mojave" which is where Soarin' would be relocated to (since the CA desert is what's famous for test flights, which is the motif of Soarin') and dramatically expand the Grizzly Peak area, maybe keep the name or maybe rename it more specifically like Sequoia or Redwoods or something.. and plant real live redwoods that are very tall so that when you're in that land you truly feel like you're walking through a forest.
    And I'd also add another land, probably get rid of Bug's Land entirely and maybe Pacific Wharf too (which, how can that truly qualify as a land when it has ZERO attractions?! I mean c'mon...) and use that new land area, rearranged of course, to create a Silicon Valley land. This area is probably the only major part of California, aside from the desert, that has been neglected in DCA. It could serve as a Tomorrowland type area with lots of cutting edge tech stuff and some kind of dark ride.. maybe an updated version of the Spaceship Earth ride from Epcot. And most importantly... this land would be home to a new Monorail stop! So that if you have a parkhopper pass or an annual pass, you can easily and quickly take the Monorail from Disneyland to California Adventure like I"m sure we all wish existed!
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Disneyland Dreamer

Buy a mile perimeter in every direction, level what's there, and EXPAND!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    I'd build a third park called Walt Disney's Original Disneyland, encompassing the look and attractions of the park as it appeared in the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's. There would be no meet n greets, the Matterhorn bobsleds would be pre-refurb, and nothing having to do with Frozen would appear in one square inch of the place.

Oh and since money is no object, 20 bucks a head for park admission and the Billies would be back, inside the GH and paid three times what they were making before.
    I love this idea! And yes, put the Billies back where they belong.

• Minion

Tear down Tomorrowland except for Space Mountain and Star Tours and build a new tomorrowland with brand new attractions.

Subway that runs straight under the esplanade and connects to various parking lots on the perimeter of the Anaheim Resort District. Many smaller parking lots to spread people out, as opposed to a single one that everyone crowds into. Disney no longer needs Mickey and Friends or Toy Story or Pumbaa. Land used for other stuff.

O thI'd rip out Paradise Pier and build a real themed land with imaginative attractions, maybe something based on the Discovery Bay idea themed to the Barbary Coast. If I had money left over I'd get rid of the Paradise Pier hotel and build a real themed resort to tie into the new land and spend anything left on fixing tomorrowland and bringing back the peoplemover

• Not the Hawkguy

All infrastructure-based:

1. Puumba Parking Structure
    2. Buy up Garden Walk, place smaller boutique-Disney hotels here.
    3. Raised PeopleMover that travels from the Esplande to the Puumba Parking Structure, and then continues to the middle of Garden Walk.
    4. New Parking Structures at the current DTD parking lot and southern part of Simba.
    5. New Hotel taking up northern half of Simba Parking lot (the half directly west of Paradise Pier Hotel).
    6. Another PeopleMover to transport people from these parking lots/hotels to the west end of DTD

Quote Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
    O thI'd rip out Paradise Pier and build a real themed land with imaginative attractions, maybe something based on the Discovery Bay idea themed to the Barbary Coast. If I had money left over I'd get rid of the Paradise Pier hotel and build a real themed resort to tie into the new land
    I like this idea. I don't think the Paradise Pier does a very effective job at representing our coast. The Barbary Coast idea sounds great. My other thought was to theme it after the Big Sur coast. Quaint cottages and lush landscapes, & you can hide the attractions behind a big coastal cliff wall. I'd also add a back entrance that connects by bridge to an all new hotel back there.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by MaloCS View Post
    1. If I was in control I would eliminate the different tiers for Annual Passes and price them the same as the cheapest pass. I would also eliminate blackout dates for the APs but in addition I would eliminate the use of Fast Passes for the APers. The ability to visit the parks anytime they wish is the benefit they buy with the Annual Pass.
    2. I would allow Fast Passes for only the customers that pay full price for a ticket.
    3. I would also eliminate Early Entry and Magic Mornings for everyone except Disneyland resort guests. After all, there should be some sort of benefit to paying the premium for staying on site.
    I agree with these, especially the magic mornings. They advertise them as a major perk if you stay at a Disney hotel, but anyone with a pass of 3+ days receives an early morning regardless of where you stay. The only perk for on-site guests is the early morning in DCA.

Also if money was no object for me, I would eliminate FastPasses altogether or make them a service you pay for and it would be classified based on how many days you have in the park.

1 day: 2 FastPasses
    2 days: 5 FastPasses
    3 days: 6 FastPasses
    4 days: 8 FastPasses
    5 days: 10 FastPasses

Limit the usage to no more than three passes per day for guests staying 2+ days. The number of available passes for guests staying 1 day with a parkhopper would increase by one.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

If money was no object I would:

1.) Buy the remaining property of the O.C. Great Park (the old El Toro Air Force base in Tustin)

2.) Commence massive expansion of DLR on the land. Including third gate, new Downtown Disney area, possible water park, 3-4 new hotels.

3.) Connect current DLR with new Properties via high-speed monorail that links DLR with the new property.

4.) BAM! New Disney World in So Cal.
    "Fairy tales, then, are not responsible for producing in children fear, or any of the shapes of fear; fairy tales do not give the child the idea of the evil or the ugly; that is in the child already, because it is in the world already. Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey."
    -
    G.K. Chesterton

I have to agree with eliminating the AP Program. I think that's the single best thing that could happen to the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    I have to agree with eliminating the AP Program. I think that's the single best thing that could happen to the parks.
    From a business standpoint, eliminating the AP program, especially at DLR, would be suicide. The AP program brings in so much revenue in dining and merchandising sales alone that it is pretty much guaranteed to never go away.

Now if we begin eliminating some of the tiers, that's not such a bad idea. I like WDW's AP program where there is only one tier of AP and that's it. The problem is these really low-cost tier AP's.
    "Fairy tales, then, are not responsible for producing in children fear, or any of the shapes of fear; fairy tales do not give the child the idea of the evil or the ugly; that is in the child already, because it is in the world already. Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey."
    -
    G.K. Chesterton

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    If money and feasibility were no objects, what ONE major change would you make to the resort to improve expansion possibilities, guest flow, etc.?

Examples:
    Move the entirety of Adventureland (JC and Indy) to north of Frontierland so that it can be expanded.
    Move the Grand Californian so that DCA can expand to the NW.
    Reroute Harbor to the east so that Tomorrowland can be expanded.
    Build some kind of transportation that encircles DCA, ala the DLRR.
    etc.
    Eliminate the AP Program. Slowly, of course, but eventually.
    Everything will fall into place. All problems will be solved, since they're all caused by the AP Program. (According to me.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteWhale View Post
    From a business standpoint, eliminating the AP program, especially at DLR, would be suicide. The AP program brings in so much revenue in dining and merchandising sales alone that it is pretty much guaranteed to never go away.

Now if we begin eliminating some of the tiers, that's not such a bad idea. I like WDW's AP program where there is only one tier of AP and that's it. The problem is these really low-cost tier AP's.
    AP Program crowds out a lot of people who would go but otherwise don't because it's too crowded and it costs too much money, and therefore it is not worth it.

Also, AP holders don't spend as much money per day, on average, as the average non-AP holder. So, lots of money lost there.

Besides, this is the "money is no object" thread. If eliminating the AP Program results in less profits, so what (relative to this thread)?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast