Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Money is no object, make ONE MAJOR change to the resort to improve it

If money is no object? Expansion and renovation of the original Disneyland Park. Make it be able to handle the crowds it's getting now. Restore its lost luster. And for Walt's sake open a new E-ticket or two!
    "I know this is probably your first flight, and it's...mine too!"

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Never mind that nonsense of building a new land to replace Toontown.....I want on board the Annual Passport elimination train (woo woo!!!)

Here's how I'd do it:

~~Raise the price of all multi-day and annual passes by 10%......every 60 days; after one year or so the price for a deluxe AP would top $1000 (which would pretty much equal the elimination of that pass)

~~Offer an alternate way to enter the park for a single day....$55 for entry only or $75 for entry + 15 attractions (5 E, 4 D, 3 C, 2 B and 1 A ticket).

~~Extra tickets can be obtained inside the park for A = $2.00; B = $2.50; C= $3.00; D = $4.00; and E = $5.00.

~~Those wishing to do the all-you-can-ride-for-one-price can still purchase the $96 pass.
    Last edited by sleepyjeff; 05-19-2014 at 10:30 AM.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post

Also, AP holders don't spend as much money per day, on average, as the average non-AP holder. So, lots of money lost there.
    This is true but you aren't factoring into account the fact that the APH's will continue to come back to the park and spend money.
    "Fairy tales, then, are not responsible for producing in children fear, or any of the shapes of fear; fairy tales do not give the child the idea of the evil or the ugly; that is in the child already, because it is in the world already. Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey."
    -
    G.K. Chesterton

• Rock Star Minion

So would someone who is not going right now because it's too crowded. AND that person would be paying a lot more in admission. Food and souvenirs can't compensate for the much lower admission revenue.
    AP Program would be awesome if only, say, 10000 people had one.
    But 1 million people have one. it creates all the logistical nioghtmares without the corresponding revenue.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Let's see... this is probably the most heretical thing I can say here but... Limit AP sales based off of how many "active" APs there are... However, treat APs like season tickets for sports games. What do I mean by that? Simple. AP holders can "sell" their days through Disney, and will be unable to attend the park the days sold. Disney has a sizable markup on the worth of the "days" that the AP holder sells off.

In effect, let's say that all APs now cost 800 dollars, and that all of them are essentially "premium" APs. 356 days a year. You lock that in as a price and increase it every 10 years due to inflation. Now while this would round out to an effective cost of around 2 dollars per day at the park for the AP, the AP can give up the day for some amount of dollars, and disney will sell the day for slightly under full price. These tickets wouldn't have the same perk as an AP, but they'd be advertised as budget options, and all in all, the profit *should* be there. Combine that with the idea to limit fastpass use based off of paying full price, and it effectively amounts to a cheaper way to get into the park for others, AP holders will probably have some motive to give up space to nonpassholders, and that's more or less it. I know Disney didn't like the whole idea of people selling the last of their days on the 5+day park hoppers, though I get the sense they may be more appreciative if they ended up getting a cut of the resale, AND they could make even more, if the amount they added as a surcharge is greater amount than what an AP holder would generally cost to them. (Though honestly, I think AP holders really do cost less/make more in the long run to Disney, which is the only reason that APs have lasted this long.) >.> Tis a dark option I propose, but quite interesting if I do say so myself.

• Minion

Give the Cast Members a raise.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDusenberry View Post
    Move Grizzly Mountain in DCA to the center of the park where it should be and rearrange the placement of most of the lands and rides within DCA to make it a spoked wheel design just like Disneyland and every other well-laid-out Disney park, and make a train-esque conveyance that goes all the way around DCA like the train in Disneyland... maybe just expand the red car trolley, add several more since each one holds so few people, have one stop every 2 minutes or something and go around the whole park, or perhaps change it up and have it go through the whole park.
    I'd also make each land really themed to California, so get rid of all of Cars Land except maybe for Radiator Springs Racers and replace it with a desert themed land called "The Mojave" which is where Soarin' would be relocated to (since the CA desert is what's famous for test flights, which is the motif of Soarin') and dramatically expand the Grizzly Peak area, maybe keep the name or maybe rename it more specifically like Sequoia or Redwoods or something.. and plant real live redwoods that are very tall so that when you're in that land you truly feel like you're walking through a forest.
    And I'd also add another land, probably get rid of Bug's Land entirely and maybe Pacific Wharf too (which, how can that truly qualify as a land when it has ZERO attractions?! I mean c'mon...) and use that new land area, rearranged of course, to create a Silicon Valley land. This area is probably the only major part of California, aside from the desert, that has been neglected in DCA. It could serve as a Tomorrowland type area with lots of cutting edge tech stuff and some kind of dark ride.. maybe an updated version of the Spaceship Earth ride from Epcot. And most importantly... this land would be home to a new Monorail stop! So that if you have a parkhopper pass or an annual pass, you can easily and quickly take the Monorail from Disneyland to California Adventure like I"m sure we all wish existed!
    the bakery tour is listed as an attraction. Lol

Id like critter country to not be a dead end. Also a new attraction in that area

• terrifiednerds.com

Get rid of all the paving stones and bring back the cement sidewalks on Main Street and the slurry seal pavement throughout Disneyland.

• Former Churro Jockey

Give Disneyland a complete facelift and make every single thing (even trashcans) look brand new. Also, upgrade everything to the highest quality (audio, animatronics, etc.). Also give the cast members a huge raise and be a lot more selective about who you hire. Make a Disneyland Cast Member more of a professional job and less of an entry level kind of thing. Build many more parking lots and build a People Mover to take the people from the parking lots to the ticket hub.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

money is not an object?
    - Update Tomorrowland, the WHOLE land, including putting the Rockets back on the second level.
    - Instead of trams and shuttles that take you from parking to the resort, I would have 2 ways you could come to the park (1) Monorail (2) People mover.
    - And some park expansion would be nice, put in a few more E-ticket rides

• Greetings, Program!

Money's no object eh?

I'd eliminate all non-AP tickets and make the whole she-bang an Annual Pass only admission.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Rock Star Minion

You are supposed to improve the DLr with your suggestion.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Greetings, Program!

I am.

Imagine the crowd reduction.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• The doctor is in

I would also rip out Autopia, Innoventions, and the ugly rocks at the Tomorrowland entrance.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123