Landscaping... amazing

I'm always amazed at the fantastic landscaping at Disneyland
    last visit admiring some great geraniums (leaf I've not seen before, where do they throw away the trimmings ;-) ) near Toad
    and great colors of coleus newly planted
    not to mention the dahlias and summer flowers
    and... artichokes!
    (always lovely herbs around the side of Buzz Lightyear)

I'm imagining it takes a very large staff to keep this all in such a great condition
    Does Disneyland have their own nursery?

is each "land" a separate landscaping department? or do the move from section to section on rotation?

we always notice and admire the planting, especially the seasonal changes

Re: Landscaping... amazing

Disneyland has their own nursery. It used to be on site (behind Small World), but it's gotten so big that it had to move to a new location.

If you are interested in learning more about the gardening and landscaping, I highly recommend the garden tour that Disneyland does. I recently took it and learned so much information about all the plants in the park.

I wrote a review on the tour if you'd like to check it out:

Day 2 At Disneyland (or Gardens and Roller Coasters) | Finding My Inner Bombshell

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by DL Lover in LA View Post
    Disneyland has their own nursery. It used to be on site (behind Small World), but it's gotten so big that it had to move to a new location.

If you are interested in learning more about the gardening and landscaping, I highly recommend the garden tour that Disneyland does. I recently took it and learned so much information about all the plants in the park.

Day 2 At Disneyland (or Gardens and Roller Coasters) | Finding My Inner Bombshell
    I had forgotten about the garden tour, I've always wanted to take it. Thanks for sharing the link to your review of the tour.

Over the years I have copied many landscaping ideas from Disneyland. I've actually once stolen a small hand full of soil (don't turn me in LOL) from a flower bed so that I could get a better look at the organic material in it.

Right now I am changing some of my landscaping to more drought tolerant plants. Cars Land and Frontierland have some great areas with ideas for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Whipland View Post
    I had forgotten about the garden tour, I've always wanted to take it. Thanks for sharing the link to your review of the tour.

Over the years I have copied many landscaping ideas from Disneyland. I've actually once stolen a small hand full of soil (don't turn me in LOL) from a flower bed so that I could get a better look at the organic material in it.

Right now I am changing some of my landscaping to more drought tolerant plants. Cars Land and Frontierland have some great areas with ideas for that.

lol, I was eyeing the geraniums at Toad, friend says "jut take a piece, they'll never know...."
    I come from that old school, I'd never break a piece off a plant (that isn't mine)
    then I was eyeing the coleus....
    she was laughing at me, honestly, in a nursery I've picked up a broken piece but never crossed that line

the landscaping is great... when I win the lottery and buy a house... I agree, going to use some ideas....
    though I like some of the hardscape too, I want something like the Thunder mtn water fall beside my house...
    the neighbors will love it

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    That is great, thank you!

Very nice!
    I hadn't heard of that, will have to look into it
    thank you

• Under that tree again!

Put water on seeds and plant grows.

That is about all I really know about gardening.

The foliage around Disneyland is a big part of the experience.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by GwenRowan View Post
    lol, I was eyeing the geraniums at Toad, friend says "jut take a piece, they'll never know...."
    I come from that old school, I'd never break a piece off a plant (that isn't mine)
    then I was eyeing the coleus....
    she was laughing at me, honestly, in a nursery I've picked up a broken piece but never crossed that line

the landscaping is great... when I win the lottery and buy a house... I agree, going to use some ideas....
    though I like some of the hardscape too, I want something like the Thunder mtn water fall beside my house...
    the neighbors will love it
    LOL, yeah I felt like a criminal just grabbing a little soil sample to inspect. I'm glad Disney Police didn't get me.

Hardscapes are amazing too, especially around Grizzly Peak in DCA.

I've actually once stolen a small hand full of soil (don't turn me in LOL) from a flower bed so that I could get a better look at the organic material in it.
    My dad kept asking our guide on the tour what the secret was in the soil. He wants to use it at my parent's house. She kept saying that it was pixie dust.

LOL, yeah I felt like a criminal just grabbing a little soil sample to inspect. I'm glad Disney Police didn't get me.

Hardscapes are amazing too, especially around Grizzly Peak in DCA.
    did you bring a zip bag and a tiny trowel in anticipation ;-)
    I can just see you explaining it at security ;-)
    or did you bring some one to create a distraction?

Yes, I love the detail in the land/hardscape... they must have a great time designing it all

My dad kept asking our guide on the tour what the secret was in the soil. He wants to use it at my parent's house. She kept saying that it was pixie dust.

Pixie dust would explain it....
    I've wondered how they can grow holy along the wall at Toad when I could not grow it on my patio (not much light there, less than my patio)....
    pixie dust....

Starting with the brilliant and resourceful, Bill Evans, and continuing with today's Disney horticulturist CMs, the landscaping at DLR is nothing short of amazing. From the tiny trees in the StoryBook Canals, alpine trees of the Matterhorn, to the forests of Critter Country, Frontierland or the rivers of America to the flowers planted everywhere - the plants and trees of the park add so much to the experience. My favorite landscaping in the park is definitely Jungle Cruise. With its plethora of tropical plants, the foliage over there make it a real jungle.