• Closed Account

Next Year 60th Anniversary Refurbishments - 2015

Next year is the 60th Anniversary of Disneyland. Do you think that next year will have so many refurbishments in February and March like this year? I'm hoping that because this was a refurbishment-heavy year, next year will have very few rides down for refurbishments. What do you guys think?

Re: Next Year 60th Anniversary Refurbishments - 2015

I would say before next summer, anything is game, however most of what was done this year is to prevent a repeat in the future. I think early in 2015 will see a Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Indy, and Matterhorn refurbs. I dont think they will overlap like this year though. There might also be some dark rides being cycled through as they work on all of them before the anniversary

• Under that tree again!

There is always a lot of rehabs that time of year. Nothing special about last year or next year.

They may be trying to get a lot of long cycle maintenance out of the way, so they can focus on updates for the 60th.

The 60th may kick off after the Holidays, or for Spring Break. Events are money machines so they probably won't limit it to summer.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Warm Hugging Anna

I wonder if they will repaint the castle. Lately i've been looking at the castle and to me it seems like the paint is fade looking anymore. If I'm right the last time they had it painted was for the 50th annivery of DLand so wounder if they will repaint it for the 60th.

• The doctor is in

Isn't that why so many rides are down this year? I was under the impression the massive amount of 2014 refurbs was to prep for the 60th.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Minion

Here is what I would like to see happen for the 60th: restore every single thing in the park to mint condition. Fix, clean and paint everything, make sure all effects and animatronics work as originally designed, remove anything that was only temporary or will never be used again. The point would be to make it seem like a newly-built park, but with the long history, design and detail the place is known for. It would be a matter of pride in the park, and what better time to do that than a major anniversary. It would also be good PR for the company. To me that would be more important than adding anything new for the anniversary. The only new thing I would consider would be a short film on the park's history, shown continuously at the Main Street Cinema.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Well, my first visit to Disneyland was for it's 50th Anniversary. So for me, I'd like to make a trip during the week that Disneyland turns 60. If Disneyland has something special planned, that would be an added bonus for me. I have had many wonderful visits, and hopefully I can continue to do that for a long time

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Isn't that why so many rides are down this year? I was under the impression the massive amount of 2014 refurbs was to prep for the 60th.
    Same here
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Same here

And see, that is what I was thinking. It seems like this year had an unusually high amount of refurbishments. I was hoping that it was to prep for the 60th. It's hard to tell.

• i believe in faeries.

I thought this as well.