Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is world of color worth seeing?

We've never been one for shows (except captain eo and muppets) or parades as it takes out precious ride time so should we skip? And YouTube it?

Re: Is world of color worth seeing?

It's worth seeing but if you don't have a good view the show drops in quality. I'd recommend it but if you don't want to camp out for a good viewing spot then I'd probably skip it. Plus many of the lines are drastically reduced in waiting time when it's active.
    "Fairy tales, then, are not responsible for producing in children fear, or any of the shapes of fear; fairy tales do not give the child the idea of the evil or the ugly; that is in the child already, because it is in the world already. Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey."
    -
    G.K. Chesterton

I really enjoy it, much more than Fantasmic.

But like PP said, you have to get in line early. I like to stand in the area that warns you might get wet. We usually get a good view there.

I prefer the "Instant Concert" water show they do during the day with Goofy as conductor over World of Color. It uses the same infrastructure and you can get as close to the action as you want. And it's fairly quick so you can get back to rides.

For a nighttime show I'll always prefer Fantasmic since it has a narrative, fire, the biggest animatronic you'll ever see, and up-close fireworks (pro tip: get a good viewing position after the first show ends and wait for the second show).

But I, like you, also skipped shows/parades for rides for decades so if you truly prefer rides over shows you may be doing it right for you.

Is the RSR line any better when world of color is going on? Just curious...
    WDW: 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2003, 2014
    Disneyland: 1997, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2014

"Mustard... Yes, but MUSTARD?! Don't let's be silly!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I heard somewhere that there are 999 dead people living in The Haunted Mansion........

We love World of Color. We also never line up early - and our favorite viewing spot is on the bridge leading to Ariels Grotto.

Get your FP earlier in the day and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by hadla View Post
    Is the RSR line any better when world of color is going on? Just curious...
    typically it is but not by much. Maybe 10-15 mins. better. Single Rider is the way to go for RSR IMO but if you have young ones Single Rider often isn't an option.
    "Fairy tales, then, are not responsible for producing in children fear, or any of the shapes of fear; fairy tales do not give the child the idea of the evil or the ugly; that is in the child already, because it is in the world already. Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey."
    -
    G.K. Chesterton

• Down Pluto!

Much like Fantasmic! - it is worth seeing once.

Repeatability is debatable.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• my favorite sociopath

If you are not into shows, then skip it. It basically a clip show, a darn good one, but still a clip show.

If you have never seen it--yes. When I saw it the very first time it opened, I sort of teared up a little. I was over by California Screamin' on the boardwalk next to the railing, so I had a pretty good view. If you cannot see the show, that's going to put a damper on things, obviously. So I would recommend trying to see it at least once. I know it's changed from the last time I saw it in 2010, but I probably won't see it again since it would be a prime time to get on some rides. >:3

I would see it once, as it is pretty impressive. They close down Paradise Pier when it's running so you can't go on those rides anyway.

• Chief Troublemaker

It's totally personal. BFF wants to see it every night we're at DCA, so we usually see it twice during our week. I really would rather be riding stuff. It's neat, but I'm not a show person. BFF is into shows.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

If its your first time seeing it then yes for sure! Personally, the show gets dry (no pun intended) after the third or fourth viewing. I personally wont go through the trouble of getting fast passes for it or waiting for it. If I do see it, it will be at a moments notice if I'm in the area.
    Come Along, Pond!

• formerly very helpful

I thought it was okay. Not spectacular, but okay. Personally, I won't rush out to see it again, but I know of many who LOVE it.

• The doctor is in

In my opinion...

No, it is not worth seeing. The first time I saw it I thought it was cool and all but the way the viewing areas are set up is terrible. For what you get in return, the amount of time you have to spend to get a really good spot isn't worth the time you waste.

Go on YouTube and watch a video of it.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast