What Happened on Friday?

A few people I know went to TDR on Friday (May 16th), at the beginning of the day, to encounter the Mickey and Friends parking blocked off, as well as DTD parking. They were redirected by police to the Pumba parking lot. They said it wasn't crowded enough to have the parking lot totally full, so I'm wondering what happened? Did anyone else go that day?
    Come Along, Pond!

• Johnny and Me!

Re: What Happened on Friday?

M&F gets blocked off at Ball Road when traffic backs up too much at the parking toll booths. Since the overpass over Ball is always open in the morning, traffic is diverted until the afternoon, when traffic is more manageable.

I came about 9:15 am and was diverted and went into Simba lot for the first time. Loved it! I loved walking by the Disneyland Hotel and entering Downtown Disney. I also loved not riding the trams! I plan to go to Simba lot from now on.

BTW, I'm an AP family and have always parked in the M&F structure since it was built, except for NYE when we were diverted around to Pumba lot. Worked out good as we took the shuttle bus back quickly after midnight and beat the crowd out using the trams and fighting the traffic out of the structure.

Huh. My friend and I went on Friday, got there about 11-something, parked in the structure, no delays, no problems. No idea what happened, sorry.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Im awkward youre gorgeous

Here's a trick we always use to park in M&F (I haaaaaaate the Toy Story shuttles!) - from I-5 southbound, take the carpool lane exit to Disneyland Drive. It puts you right onto that nice express overpass into M&F, and it's usually not closed off (unless the structure really is full). Not sure how to swing it if you're coming from the south instead of the north though.