Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry If you must use the flash....

[mini rant]

Really - if you are going to ignore the rules about not taking flash photography on the rides can you PLEASE at least not use the 30-flash-red-eye-reduction flash?? Do you really think the AAs have a problem with red eye??

Your camera has settings and it came with an instruction book :2cents:

[/mini rant]

• Small Projects Team

Re: If you must use the flash....

I just experienced worse than that yesterday on pirates. This couple in front of me was video taping with a bright light on the video camera. Except they wern't video taping the ride, they were video taping each other, basically the light was directly in front of my eyes for half the ride.

• Needs the smell of summer

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude
    [mini rant]

Really - if you are going to ignore the rules about not taking flash photography on the rides can you PLEASE at least not use the 30-flash-red-eye-reduction flash?? Do you really think the AAs have a problem with red eye??

Your camera has settings and it came with an instruction book :2cents:

[/mini rant]

Haha! That is pretty funny. I'll agree, red eye is probably not an issue

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

i hate flashes....especially those camcorder ones. i was trying to get a really pretty shot of space mountain at twilight from my monorail seat. the window was down, the train was position perfectly...i was so excited to try and get this picture. then a family with about 4 kids came in and sat next to my sister and i and squished into my mom across the way as well, and as i'm trying to get my picture, the mom turns on her portable sun and blinds me...distracts me...almost ruined the picture. i was lucky that i got what i did. grr!

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude
    [mini rant]

... Do you really think the AAs have a problem with red eye?? ...[/mini rant]
    They DON'T?

• Huh?

I sometimes wish they would just stop the ride for a bit so that I can get the 30+ second exposure that I really need!

But not going to happen...

I'm sure that would be even more annoying to other guests.
    -Tim

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo
    They DON'T?

• Earth Intruder

OMG Sambo that is frightening. I just got this image of the Queen coming at me swinging, like the haywire robots in Itchy and Scratchy Land....

Yeah I can tolerate a flash or two on the rides -- but it does get frustrating when there's a person taking like 4-5 shots of EACH SHOW SCENE.

I almost started throwing moldwater at the people in front of me during Pirates.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Minion

I think its the worst on POTC. and the overly loud people. They're usually the same people. I have been on and CM's would break in and tell them to quit, and I always liked that, but I haven't seen that in a while.

• Sock Puppet

Most people don't realize that their flash only works for about 12-20 feet. So a lot of their pictures don't come out. I always laugh at them!

• back in Austin

One thing that kills me is people leaving their flash on to take pictures of FIREWORKS!!! Not gonna help, folks. Your flash is not gonna make the fireworks brighter! And besides annoying people around you, it hurts the picture anyway by over-illuminating people in the foreground.

I guess most people don't know how to kill the flash on their cameras and/or they just don't think about it.

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

I have the most trouble in HM, because the buggies are so often facing each other, and I get blinded. I once yelled at someone about their flash on that ride, and my DD was so embarrassed that when we got off, she pretended she wasn't with me!

• Huh?

Well, 99% of people *don't* know how to use flash or camera properly.

They don't use flash AT ALL outside during the day when they should, so their pictures come out with dark, shadowy subjects and clear backgrounds.

They do the "press and pull down" method on their pictures, so the pictures, of course, all have a motion blur from camera movement.

They don't use anything to steady the camera in any situation....

They can't understand why a point-and-shoot will never take a good photo inside the mansion or of the fireworks....

They never carry a spare roll of toillet paper around with them (I'm serious about this... it's an essential piece of photo equipment!)...

Ok. So maybe I'm a bit of a photo snob.

BTW... if you want plenty of photo tips and such, you should join MC Photographers...
    -Tim

I always laugh at these types of posts. Stuff like this is ALWAYS going to happen. ALWAYS. Maybe people should be more polite, but the bottom line is they are not. They are just enjoying themselves. It's not like they are on some mission just to annoy YOU. What's the point of getting all worked up over it? Why let it ruin your day? There is nothing to be done. If I let every little thing other people do bug me I'd be in the mental hospital by now.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by travelmom
    I think its the worst on POTC. and the overly loud people. They're usually the same people. I have been on and CM's would break in and tell them to quit, and I always liked that, but I haven't seen that in a while.
    We were on POTC once a couple years ago and there was a woman with 2 older teen daughters and all 3 of them were taking flash pictures of each scene and they were seated right behind us. It got SOOO annoying, and the CMs even came on and reminded everyone "No flash pictures please", but they kept on shooting. Then in the boat scene, we broke down. And the mom and daughters finally stop taking pictures and the mom asks "I wonder why we broke down?" to which my daughter replies in an annoyed tone just loud enough for them too hear "Probably too many flash pictures." They got the hint and when we resumed, there were no more flashes.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast