Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Why makes people still flock to Disneyland nowadays?

With the recent price hikes.
    no new attractions.
    overcrowding.
    overpriced food and drinks.

We gave up our AP's and have not been to the parks in two years.

What makes you keep coming back to Disneyland?
    Let me hear your thoughts.

edit - Did I actually say Why instead of What in my title....
    Getting old.
    Last edited by Disneymike; 05-20-2014 at 01:33 PM.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Why makes people still flock to Disneyland nowadays?

Free tickets would get me back.

Else, I am happy to read about others' fun and/or complaints here.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Being able to ride my favorite attractions such as Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain

• Disneyland Dreamer

The love of Disneyland. Disney pulls at the emotions, which is one of the strongest forms of motivation, overcoming all economic and social sense.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    What makes you keep coming back to Disneyland?
    Let me hear your thoughts.
    It's beautiful, unlike any other place besides other Disney parks, and it has fun, creative rides.

Disneymike, it's kind of asking, "What do you like about apple or strawberry croissants at Tustin's Cream Pan?" What do I like about Julia Roberts' smile, Beethoven or Mozart, Yosemite, Ben Franklin, Pride & Prejudice, Steve Jobs' products, or Shakespeare? Disneyland improves my opinion of people and of Earth.

I'm dismayed by the Eisner/Pressler & Iger/Staggs/Crofton/Rasulo $ > creativity & great creations emphasis, but there's still a lot for me to love at Disneyland and with other Disney experiences. I wish Walt Disney fan and (at the end of his life) Disney's biggest stockholder, Steve Jobs, had lived much longer and been able to push his prolific perfectionism at Walt Disney World. Neither Walt nor Jobs seemed to see money as the ultimate goal, but realized that creating magnificent products should be the ultimate target. The money (see Snow White & the Ipod profits) will follow.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

How much time have you got?

There are many reasons why I still save up my money, and travel 1/2 way across the country for a Disneyland Vacation. Perhaps, first and foremost, because I can. I am not getting any younger, and at 66 years of age, I can now afford to take a vacation. I never had many vacations when I was younger, or during the years that I was raising my two boys. I don't drive. My husband doesn't want to travel much, if at all, and he isn't a Disney fan at all. So, since I do want to go, and I can manage quite fine by myself, he encourages me to make my trips.

Disneyland is my happy place. No, I don't like the 4 hours on the plane, but I have figured out quite nicely how to travel solo safely. Disneyland is fun for me. I have made a lot of friends on MiceChat, and sometimes I am able to see them when I come to California. That part is an added bonus.

It is nice getting away from Chicago, and away from the every day stresses of life. Some people go to Vegas, or take a cruise, or travel to National Parks, or sun on an exotic beach somewhere. I go to Disneyland.

I love everything about it. California has great weather, and I love the palm trees. I love the rides, and the shows, and the parades, and the fireworks, and the characters, and the history, and the flowers, and the food is yummy too.

As long as I can make the trip safely, and comfortably, and I don't break the bank, I will be there. Hopefully at least one week out of my year.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    The love of Disneyland. Disney pulls at the emotions, which is one of the strongest forms of motivation, overcoming all economic and social sense.
    This to the nth degree. There is nothing that makes me feel like Disneyland does. No place on Earth makes me feel that deep down sense of carefree, childlike joy. I've seen cathedrals, castles, natural wonders, & modern miracles and have been awed. I've partied at some great clubs, beaches, & resorts and have felt crazy happiness. But only Disneyland can bring me to tears of joy just walking under the tunnel to Main St. The heart wants what the heart wants, regardless of the cost or wisdom of it.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Meh

I have a Premium annual pass, and I will always have one. I just factor the monthly payment in with the rest of my bills.

To me Disneyland is the most fun, the reason I moved to Southern California. I love being there, riding rides, eating the foods, and just walking around. I could seriously go to Disneyland for a day and just walk around. I love the atmosphere, I love the shows, the cast members, it's just good fun.

I understand that rides need to go down for refurbishments/maintenance from time to time, it's a theme park, getting hot and bother about it isn't going to solve anything. I feel like expecting every single ride to be up and running all year long is a bit unreasonable..

And as for the prices going up, that sort of comes with the times. They go up every year, and each year people have mini meltdowns about it. It's gonna happen next year too!

So, short answer is that Disneyland is worth it to me, I love it all parts of it, every show, every ride no matter how big or small. I just want to be there as much as possible, it's just fun.
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• Certified DL Addict

I like how when you're in the park you're completely immersed in the theming. No stone was left unturned when it came to making sure the details really fit with the concept of each land, and each time I go I notice something new. The rides are great too, but it's the full experience that I enjoy
    2014 Gumball Rally Team- Skyway Sweethearts
    *~2014- Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder~*
    *~2015- Disney Parks Premier Passholder~*

• Minion

It's the name brand; the reputation that built up from 1955 to the 1980s and the company is still cashing in on that reputation. And as long as those turnstiles keep spinning, as people pour into the parks in record numbers, the company has no incentive to do anything other than exactly what they are doing now.

In a recent thread on this forum, member "Uncle Bob" stated it well, so here is a direct quote from his post:

"...Unfortunately, what happened is that Disney realized that they are not really a traditional product, but an obligation. Parents have been conditioned to believe that they aren't good parents if they don't take their kids to a Disney park. Until that cultural perception changes, which sure doesn't seem to be, Disney can keep on going on spending very little and raking in money hand over fist. Why invest in something that produces steady revenue without any new investment?..."

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    It's the name brand; the reputation that built up from 1955 to the 1980s and the company is still cashing in on that reputation. And as long as those turnstiles keep spinning, as people pour into the parks in record numbers, the company has no incentive to do anything other than exactly what they are doing now.

In a recent thread on this forum, member "Uncle Bob" stated it well, so here is a direct quote from his post:

"...Unfortunately, what happened is that Disney realized that they are not really a traditional product, but an obligation. Parents have been conditioned to believe that they aren't good parents if they don't take their kids to a Disney park. Until that cultural perception changes, which sure doesn't seem to be, Disney can keep on going on spending very little and raking in money hand over fist. Why invest in something that produces steady revenue without any new investment?..."
    Or it could be that people actually enjoy the park still
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

•   
    • Minion

I love going there. I lose myself there and have fun, I enjoy it still. The time i dread going is when I stop going. That probably will never happen.

I don't need new attractions all the time when the current ones still make me giddy. Plus they refurb them enough to keep them fresh. Also in the case of BTMRR they added a new effect which is awesome.

Over crowding never really notice it even on days like NYE I still manage to have a hell of a time!!!!!!

Over priced food well show me another form of entertainment where that isn't the case. Sure sodas might only 2 dollars at knots or six flags or where ever but then I would have to go to those places. I prefer Disney/Universal theme over them both.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I've been a no show for a little over 3 years now.........paying thousands to be treated like livestock isn't my ideal vacation anymore
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    This sums it up pretty well. I hate the high prices, but at the end of the day, I don't remember the money I've spent, but I do remember the time I've spent there.

• Minion

It does kid of reflect poorly on our society in general that those kinds of emotions are to be had only by paying an exorbitant price to get in somewhere. If this were a better world those same feelings would be widespread and free.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast