View Poll Results: How will these changes impact crowding?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • No noticeable impact

49 83.05%
  • The parks will be less busy

8 13.56%
  • The parks will be more busy

2 3.39%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

How do you think the price increases and pass sales limits will effect crowding?

I'm a little skeptical that these changes will have any obvious impact on your typical daily experience in the parks. What do you think?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Re: How do you think the price increases and pass sales limits will effect crowding?

They won't affect the crowd levels (although they will make it tougher for my family to be part of those crowds).

• Ruler of Wasteland

Re: How do you think the price increases and pass sales limits will effect crowding?

It won't. You'll get the long timers who have been to the park when it was cheaper and they MAY stop going, but then you'll get the newbies who are free for the first time (maybe college, or their first jobs) and they don't know a time when the park was cheaper and will just adhere to pay for the price now and to them it's normal. It's how it goes
    "May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter," - Gandalf (from "The Chronicles of Narnia")

•   
    • Minion

You won't see an impact for a while IMO even if they killed off all the APs. It would take at least a year assuming they didn't let people renew their current APs. I realize the question was asked about the price increase but I kind of lumped in the suspension of the AP tier in my response

I just finished writing up tour plans for two families who are visiting for the first time. Price was of no consequence. Oregon is being hit hard with TV commercials and it seems like every media outlet has a Disneyland raffle. Both families feel it is a once in a life time event in the culture of the US and yet the families have no idea what to expect when they walk through the gates.

Some great flight deals surfaced for June, but it was the cost of off-site lodging that was the deal breaker. So we are heading there in October. There is no other entertainment value equal ( for me) to what we can receive out of a 4 day park-hopper

• Chief Troublemaker

I don't think there will be a difference. Current So Cals can renew and the other levels will still sell as before. There actually may be an increase in the deluxe APs since some So Cals may upgrade. But as I've stated elsewhere, I don't think this was done to decrease crowds. Stabilize, maybe. Decrease, no. Disney already knows that they can maintain profits with crowds at the current levels.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Former Churro Jockey

I have no idea and I'm very curious myself to see how things turn out.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Not one whit!

• Foolish Mortal

I don't think the crowds will decrease. If anything, it might make it more crowded in the interim. Most people I know whose passes are about to expire decide to go on a DLR binge, perhaps further overcrowding the parks. A handful of my coworkers plan on doing the binge once they heard about the price increases.

• Iron-Clad Allie

The price increase and pass limitation is not going to be much more of a shift that park goers have become accustomed to. So, the changes are likely to have a nominal effect on attendance.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

I think this is an attempt to stabilize crowds before the infrastructure, which we all know strains mightily on peak days, breaks. It's kind of a small gesture at this point, but no company willingly leaves money on the table.

Every year the price goes up, people wig out, say Disney is just a greedy corporation, mention Walt rolling in his grave, and crowd the place more than ever.

It will be the same or worse.

• Minion

I agree. "Disney" (and I use the quotations purposely... as it isn't the Disney I know) knows what they're doing. With the monthly payment plan they can jack it up almost as high as they want, and the people will still come.

Of course, the monthly payment will rise too for those who opt in that direction, but it still looks more "affordable" to people when they know they don't have to pay it out in a lump some. They'll find the way to justify going for the pass again.

Personally I might actually take a break from it next time I'm up for renewal. I considered it this year, not because I can't afford it, but rather the Disneyland I see now is not the one I grew up with, or worked at.

So what's the option? None really. Knowing the crowds that place is drawing, I sure couldn't see myself skipping the AP and just buying a day pass a couple of times per year. Because I know the crowds I'll be confronting when I get there. Wouldn't be worth it.

Money over magic and experience. That's what it's become sadly.

For years I've reached down and found the ability to still feel the magic the place brought to me growing up, and as a CM. It's just getting harder to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    Every year the price goes up, people wig out, say Disney is just a greedy corporation, mention Walt rolling in his grave, and crowd the place more than ever.

It will be the same or worse.

• former CM

It might be interesting when the Wizarding World of Harry Potter comes to Universal Hollywood. Will Universal get a million more guests a year? Two million? And will Disneyland see any decrease in attendance? I doubt that if Disneyland maintains its quality.

• Just this guy......

I do not think that we will see any impact right away. But over the year as fewer people renew their passes I think that there will be an impact. By summer of 2015 I think that there will be smaller crowds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast