View Poll Results: What one day price would convince you to give up AP?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lower it to $80 per day

2 5.88%
  • Lower it to $70 per day

2 5.88%
  • Lower it to $60 per day

2 5.88%
  • Lower it to $50 per day

10 29.41%
  • $80 per day with a $30 eveninig only option

3 8.82%
  • $70 per day with a $25 evening only option

3 8.82%
  • Less than $40 per day.

12 35.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

How much would Disney have to lower the one day gate?

....for you to consider giving up your AP?
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Re: How much would Disney have to lower the one day gate?

I have an AP, but live in Nor Cal, so I always visit for a few days. If they kept the AP program, and lowered gate prices, I'd be happy, and willing to pay $120-150 or so for a 3-day park hopper.

If they eliminated the AP program and lowered gate prices, I'd be much happier and willing to pay more, $200 for three days.

I pay $52 a month for my pass and go about once a month. So it would have to be around that price.

•   
    • Minion

50 dollars

• Minion

Parking would have to be figured in and with the $25-30 evening rate parking is almost as much as a ticket.

70 bucks

• Rock Star Minion

So far, it seems that so-called biggest fans of Disneyland only like it because it's cheap for them.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

I don't agree. I just think that people are making logical comparisons with other forms of entertainment, and Disney is among the most expensive out there. And it keeps going up, much faster than the rate of inflation. Almost twice that rate, in fact. In 20 years, the price of a day pass has tripled from $31 to $96. Inflation would have only brought that price in today's dollars up to $49.59.

US Inflation Calculator | US Inflation

During that time period, Indiana Jones (1995) and the new sub ride (2007) are the only E-ticket additions.

For my family of five, the current prices are so high that, instead of one day parkhopping at Disneyland we could save money by going to San Diego for the weekend, staying at a nice hotel at the beach, eating out three times a day and renting a Sea Doo for the full day on one of those days. If I'm making that comparison, Disneyland isn't the winner.
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Singing Drinker

Under $40.

With the removal of the AP program, the park would be forced to go in one of two directions - super elite "boutique" park with daily admission in the hundreds if not over a thousand and prices in the park adjusted to make up for the loss of between %70-%90 of the daily attendance, or a return to the pre-AP program days of "dear lord, pay us anything so long as you come in the gate and pay SOMETHING".

A boutique park would VERY likely fail. I base this off the fact that during INCREDIBLY flush economic times most of the major chains (Disney, Sea World, heard Uni rumors as well) fairly publicly investigated that kind of venture and they all either failed or failed to even launch.

So what do you have left? Cheap dailies. I'm sure the elitists out there will love sharing the park with a horde of people who've all ACTUALLY paid $20 tops to get in rather than the figurative $20 that gets thrown around with such horror.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• Former Cast Member

A return to a General Admission ticket and ticket books.

When you only had 4 E tickets, you had to choose wisely.

• Rock Star Minion

I don't consider the new sub ride to be E-Ticket-equivalent.

Now do I consider a re-opened Space Mountain with a new (but identical) track a "new" E-ticket-equivalent attraction. (Some do.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    So what do you have left? Cheap dailies. I'm sure the elitists out there will love sharing the park with a horde of people who've all ACTUALLY paid $20 tops to get in rather than the figurative $20 that gets thrown around with such horror.
    This sounds exactly like what the current setup is.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    This sounds exactly like what the current setup is.
    It'd be the setup we had in the mid eighties through early nineties. Those "golden years" back when the Wall Street bozos wanted the company to divest Disney of its' Land due to low gate and unpredictable profitability. Empty except when throwing the gates open to the most extreme discounts.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    It'd be the setup we had in the mid eighties through early nineties. Those "golden years" back when the Wall Street bozos wanted the company to divest Disney of its' Land due to low gate and unpredictable profitability. Empty except when throwing the gates open to the most extreme discounts.
    Are not those the same years they built Star Tours, Splash Mt, Fantasmic, ToonTown, Captain EO and Indiana Jones?
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Are not those the same years they built Star Tours, Splash Mt, Fantasmic, ToonTown, Captain EO and Indiana Jones?
    Yup. When held down and threatened with a Wall Street knife to the throat, Disney will invest pretty heavily.

You know, you may have something here. We may need to see the park utterly fail before we'll see any further investment in it. Disneyland failing to the point investors seriously want to peel the Theme Park division off the main? Let's invest! DCA the mockery of the industry and failing? Let's invest!

Let's do it. Let's go back to the days when staffing was on an 'as needed' basis and you could get the call to stay home the morning of as you were leaving. Let's go back to the days when four out of seven days a week the park's deserted until four when suddenly every bored teenager in Orange County shows up with their coke can and ten bucks. Let's revisit twenty dollar actual cash admissions with specials cut down from there.

It worked SO WELL the last time. Sure, the only reason we didn't lose the Disney from the Disneyland is Eisner refusing to listen to what 90% of the investment analysts were telling him, but I'm ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that the current CEO isn't someone who would ever cave to the sharp pencils, amiright?
    Woo! Spring is coming!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast