Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

DisneyShopping.com: Up to 50% off 50th Anniversary Collectibles

Just got the e-mail from DisneyShopping.com. All of the remaining 50th Anniversary collectible merchandise is on sale and some of the stuff is up to 50% off. The Hatbox Ghost that is priced at $175 is now only $109.99, plus they have an active coupon that gives you $25 off any order of $100 or more. That drops the price down to $84.99. Pretty good deal.

Check it out, get yourself that Small World, leather Pirates jacket, Moonliner lamp, Disneyland tapestry, or Tomorrowland snowglobe among other things for way cheap. When I get home I'm definately ordering myself a Hatbox Ghost!

www.DisneyShopping.com

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Re: DisneyShopping.com: Up to 50% off 50th Anniversary Collectibles

$600 later.......

It hurt, but it had to be done.

• Banned User

I wpould love the 50th ears. some one went to disneyland on the 50th and grabbed me a pair, and a 50th pin, then never sent them. I feel sad as I was promised them and she got several pairs darn it, I really wanted them

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Being broke has never hurt so bad

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Senior Minion

Ouch! There are some good deals!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    I wpould love the 50th ears. some one went to disneyland on the 50th and grabbed me a pair, and a 50th pin, then never sent them. I feel sad as I was promised them and she got several pairs darn it, I really wanted them
    Unfortunately DisneyShopping cant help you with the ears or the pin, but Disneyland DelivEARS probably can: 1.800.362.4533. Also, the Disneyland Resort Merchandise Line may be of some assistance: 1.800.760.3566.

But if you're wanting the July 17th "I Was There" stuff, then eBay is your only hope.

| | |

• Best Buds

Thank you so much for the tip, MasterGracey.

I had wanted the monorail, but at $300 it was out of financial reach. With the sale and discount, I was able to order it (including shipping) for just over $150. That's much better.
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Karla, we'll make sure you get some ears in April!
    Boo!

• Closed Account

Thanks! Just ordered my Pirates jacket!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte
    Thanks! Just ordered my Pirates jacket!
    I'd love to get the Pirates jacket, but I never know what Disney is going to embroider on the back. Very rarely is it something that isnt loud, obnoxious, or just bad. I love the little patches on the front of the jacket, but who knows whats on the back! Oh well, leather jackets arent really my thing. Zip hoodies own.

But please post pictures once you get it! I'd love to see.

| | |

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

A lot of these items have been on sale for some time, many at the same prices (I bought the pirates jacket a couple weeks ago with a "20%" discount from the same $149 price, so I paid $119.99 vs $124.99 today).

Disneyshopping is really trixy... they'll offer a coupon or promo for a limited time, and then a new one will pop up a day later (don't ever buy from them without a discount!). But what they'll do is adjust the underlying "sale" prices at the same time, so it looks like you're getting a bigger "discount" but really its around the same. It's all a big game... and the trick is to get the collectible you want at the lowest price (i.e. wait the longest as it gets marked down), but before they sell out!

BTW, that pirates jacket is awesome. The back of the jacket (it is silly they don't have it pictured) is a combination of embroidered art and silkscreened art. It's a really nice depiction of the POTC logo. I'll see if I can snap a picture to post.

What was REALLY awesome was the "Disneyland" jackets... that one had a full embroidered "retro" Disneyland map on the back. Luckily I managed to get one on the cheap before they were all sold out, I was really impressed with it when it arrived.

Oh, and just a side note... I recently received an email about the POTC waterglobe (notice it is not on sale!) that I ordered back in OCTOBER. Now they say it won't be shipped until MAY!!??!
    --Jonathan

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    I'd love to get the Pirates jacket, but I never know what Disney is going to embroider on the back. Very rarely is it something that isnt loud, obnoxious, or just bad. I love the little patches on the front of the jacket, but who knows whats on the back! Oh well, leather jackets arent really my thing. Zip hoodies own.

But please post pictures once you get it! I'd love to see.
    Here is a snapshot of the back of the POTC jacket (sorry for the poor quality cell phone pic). I was worried by the description of the combination of "Appliqué and screen art", it seemed cheap to have screened artwork... but it looks pretty nice. The hat and skull and headband are all "appliqué", like felt, with the skull and bones on the hat, and other details all embroidered. The background, banner, and swords are all screened art. It's the kind of jacket that will look really cool when it get's that worn, weathered look. There is no "distressing" at all, the leather and patches on the front are all brand new.

I hope this gives you a general idea... I think it's definitely worth it at the sale price (I would not have paid over $200).

Happy shopping!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    --Jonathan

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI
    Here is a snapshot of the back of the POTC jacket (sorry for the poor quality cell phone pic). I was worried by the description of the combination of "Appliqué and screen art", it seemed cheap to have screened artwork... but it looks pretty nice. The hat and skull and headband are all "appliqué", like felt, with the skull and bones on the hat, and other details all embroidered. The background, banner, and swords are all screened art. It's the kind of jacket that will look really cool when it get's that worn, weathered look. There is no "distressing" at all, the leather and patches on the front are all brand new.

I hope this gives you a general idea... I think it's definitely worth it at the sale price (I would not have paid over $200).

Happy shopping!
    Thanks for that, I love the patches on the front of the jacket. Shame they don't just sell a pack of those.. I don't care too much for the design on the back... oh well.

Thanks

| | |

• time to go

Glad that the 50th Celebration stuff is on sale.

Sad that the 50th Celebration stuff is on sale.

Reason?

I waited to purchase some of the pewter sets, because the original pricing was just a bit too much beyond my "ouch" point. I'm glad I did.

But... seeing all of these 50th Celebration "special merch" items on sale does nothing to increase my confidence that merch offerings of this nature will continue in the future.

Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily and their team did such an OUTSTANDING job of creating these items for the 50th! But given the "fire sale" currently going on at DisneyShopping... I wonder when they'll get another opportunity such as this, for park-specific collectible merch?

Methinks the Disney Merch cat is gonna avoid hopping onto the stove for a while.

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Scariest thread all week. MCer Credit Cards, be afraid. Be very afraid.

Anyone else have no idea there were this many wonderful items on sale? It's a bit overwhelming, especially the Tiki Room merchandise considering a lot was put out for the 40th/Shag event recently, too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast